5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny
Published 21 months ago by swampy

3.0 out of 5 stars Bridge Pickup
Easy to install but the downside with these is that they don't give as much volume as other pick ups of the same type that I have used.
Published 5 months ago by Clifford Archer

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Lotmusic-2pcs Acoustic Guitar Saddle bridge Pickup Piezo Pickup Guitar Parts
I bought these as a repair / replacement for an old failed one retro-fitted to a 6 string acoustic guitar. I figured that at this price (£2.99 for 2) if one didn't work I'd have another to try. I checked them before fitting one and both were ok. I was a repairer in a previous life and so the procedure for replacing the offending item was not a problem for me. I am really pleased with the result. A very clear and good response. These piezos are worth the few bob paid and that's got to be good in the present climate.

For the uninitiated I will add that if fitting one of these you will need some sort of preamp (either onboard or external to balance the sound as on its own any type of under-saddle piezo is too brittle sounding. If opting for onboard buy the complete kit that includes the piezo. See the couple of random links below - there are loads to choose from for as little as £10 up to about £300 at the pro-end e.g. Fishman and the like. To be frank if you are a novice get a professional to do the job as it will save a lot of tears especially when it comes to fitting the preamp which requires a rectangle of wood being sawn out of one of the ribs - get it wrong and it'll cost a lot to put right. The endpin jack socket is another hazard - I always opt for a separate socket. If you settle on an external preamp I'd recommend hunting down a second hand Award-Session GG10 or something similar. As a general rule most piezo pickups do not sound at their best through electric guitar amplifiers as these are 'voiced' for that type of guitar. Buy an amp specifically for acoustic guitar or as I did, try a keyboard amp. I bought a secondhand Roland KC100. A good keyboard amp such as the KC has a flat response which you can then adjust to taste via your preamp. It will also serve for other instruments too.
Good Luck.

4Band Acoustic Guitar Preamp Amplifier EQ7545R W/Pickup
Acoustic Guitar 4 Band Preamp EQ Piezo Pickup Tuner

3.0 out of 5 stars Bridge Pickup, 26 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars can't beat it!, 10 Dec 2013
Bought these as part of a project to revitalize my 1970's Ovation on which I took a chance. Like another reviewer got two in case I messed one up installing it.

the item came from China and took the full three weeks to arrive but I was pleased and excited to receive them. Came in a quality "jiffy" style envelope and was well wrapped inside an airtight bag.

The items were of a quality construction and good meshed screened cable attached which is important for excluding RF and other interference and is just as seen in the photo on the website. The black shrink-wrap was also well fitted.

This item was a little bit too long (5mm or so) for the saddle slot on my guitar and I had to make some minor alterations and also to the bridge piece to accommodate this slightly taller design. I suspect one wouldn't have this problem replacing like-for-like on normal modern dreadnaught acoustics.

Once fitted I was surprised at the output of the pickup. My guitar does not have a preamp but it delivered more than I expected through my guitar amp. It will require some equalization but there is no tones missing from this excellent value item, but like all piezos (on their own) do not sound like the guitar they originate.

overall: first class for the money and can't beat it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Nov 2014