Size: 1 Kg|Style Name: Jug|Change

on 19 July 2013
I planted the seeds (multicolour mix) in the first week of May in front of my shed in Manchester.
The video shows the flower bed after 7 weeks and 11 weeks. A lot of reviews express disatisfaction, but I have had some success. Initially you do just get some tiny green shoots, but as you can see after a few weeks you end up with some young green foliage and a few weeks after that the flowers appear. It was a long winter this year and I think this delayed growth and flowering by a month so flowers appeared after 9 weeks, not the advertised 6.
Examining the flowers I can see that most of the listed varietes are there. I think the godetia have yet to appear and there aren't any california bluebells yet, but those 2 are indicated as late bloomers. In the video the orange california poppies stand out. The flowers aren't that high and to be honest I think it would be easier just to plant bedding plants as the result isn't that amazing for the price and they needed regular watering - sometimes twice a day in the first weeks to ensure the soil remained moist. I tried it as an experiment. If you can get it to work, it might be a nice project to work on with a child.
33 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 20 April 2013
I bought this to compliment a whole host of meadow and wild flowers that I have been growing from seed. This product appealed to me because it contains everything you need for four square metres of beautiful flowers, all with the absolute minimum of personal effort. A bit of light weeding before taking the lid off and you're away. Even in the commercial for this stuff, it's just a whole lot of folk standing around in their gardens gazing lovingly at the flowers and looking terribly pleased with themselves. That sounded like a look I could carry off.

The product is formulated to just come straight out of the container - you don't even have to shake the thing. You do have to water the seeds quite a lot, but I've found a way of doing that from the confort of my swing chair so even that isn't labour intensive. I sprinkling my seeds at the beginning of April, on the first day it was safe to leave the house without an overcoat and a hat and glove combo, and they are already thriving. When you sow the seeds, it is important to check that the actual small pellets of plant food are evenly spread out, as that obviously helps to ensure an even coverage of flowers.

I will be buying more Flower Magic, as I am really impressed with the product and the thinking behind it. I'm also impressed that such a spectacular lack of effort on my part could lead to such phenomenal results!
66 comments|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 October 2013
I sprinkled in my beddings and with a few weeks the whole beddings were covered with flowers, still growing well
on 29 November 2013
No miracle, no magic. A couple of small shoots came up from this, Other bulbs and seeds came up great, don't know why, but I would not buy this again.
on 1 January 2014
I was a little disappointed with the variation of flowers I did expect more so a poor show I thought. TH Leciester
on 14 March 2014
I wasn't too successful with this but I think the main problem was the intense heat we had last summer as the pots were totally dried out while I was at work.
on 1 June 2014
I used the whole packet in my pots and containers. It really does go a long way and after just a few day every pot and container are showing the new shoots.
on 8 December 2013
I followed the instructions and after a few weeks shoots are starting to appear in the window boxes. A worthwhile investment as it saved loads of time.
on 28 May 2014
This is a very easy way of gardening, so far shoots are starting to appear slowly.
Time will tell hopefully.
on 24 October 2014
This was the greatest buy ever what a bloom still producing flowers late October fantastic