5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little find
I was hooked from the first chapter. Very good character development, I could really relate to them and their experiences. Lots of interesting "curve balls" and quite gritty in places. It reminded me a lot of The Road. My only negative point is that it felt too short. Really hoping for a sequel.
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Page turner
Once started I really had to finish this book as the main story is quite a page turner.
Only three stars as I found some of the small talk a little irritating but accept that the writer was probably introducing some normality in a catastrophic event.
Also some action scenes were a little improbable.
I would read another book by this author.
Published 10 months ago by TonyBee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little find, 23 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great winter reading, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Sub-Zero (Kindle Edition)
Set a few years in the future the story is relevant for today. Reminiscent of a John Wyndham plot the story follows four characters all trying to reach what they hope is a safe haven in the Pennines whilst much of the World is gripped in a harsh winter that is predicted to last for a long time. The story is fast paced with believable events that remind us just how fragile our society is. With some good plot twists the reader is kept on edge, never sure if there will be a 'happy ending'. Having read this book during a snowy January, I found myself making plans just in case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, apocalyptic tale., 2 July 2013
This review is from: Sub-Zero (Kindle Edition)
I grew up on the great apocalyptic works of John Wyndham and have been struggling to find similar works ever since. It seems you cannot have an apocalypse tale without zombies these days. Thankfully Edwin Page steers away from all of that and gives us a believable tale set in the real world, the UK to be precise.

There's always something more chilling (unintentional pun) about a tale when it's set in our own world and throughout this book there are scenarios that are uncomfortably close to home. The characters uncertainty and fear are made all the more real by the fact that no-one really knows what is happening or can be sure how best to proceed. There's no handy BBC News 24 to help on this one.

Really enjoyed the whole thing, my only slight disappointment was the quite sudden ending. I really would have liked another chapter to see how it all ended up and to see some light shed on the situation. Can't say more without giving spoilers. Still they say it is best to leave them wanting more - perhaps we will get a sequel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: Sub-Zero (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this story, I want to know what happen next and how they all survive. I hope there is another instalment on it way.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Glitzy Pyromania!, 29 Mar 2013
Andrew K. Moss "Imagineer" (Northwich,Cheshire Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sub-Zero (Kindle Edition)
Set in Great Britain this story isn't full of heroic gun totting ex army types either masculine or feminine;It tells a great story peopled by the kind of people we all know,some good some bad.Further its a story at the human level.If you want to know what might happen if winter never ends to normal people,read this

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read., 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Sub-Zero (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, makes a change to find something set in the UK.
Would like to know how they get on in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sub-Zero by Edwin Page, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Sub-Zero (Kindle Edition)
I was unable to stop reading this book. It was totally absorbing.A really great book . Worth to be made into a film due to good caracters and lots of action. I loved it. It deserves 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping.., 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Sub-Zero (Kindle Edition)
Totally believable, was unable to put book down, willing characters on, hoping for a happy ending of sorts ..even knowing that things would never be the same.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 17 Jun 2013
Radiojock (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sub-Zero (Kindle Edition)
I bought this, thinking it might be interesting. But there are too many flaws. Someone in the mountains is supposed to have a safe haven for his friends to find, should the gulf stream stop flowing. There are no preset plans; people are supposed to get there on their own with no help, in the middle of a terrible winter storm, with nothing but their own wits to help them survive. As always, if you leave people to themselves, they cannot be expected to be able to survive. This didn't work for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Page turner, 29 May 2013
This review is from: Sub-Zero (Kindle Edition)
Also some action scenes were a little improbable.
I would read another book by this author.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›