5.0 out of 5 stars Superb 5-star product
Published 20 months ago by A. Raghu

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a case
Received the keyboard "case" in the post much faster than expected. Keyboard is excellent, although as some have suggested below, one of the clips does get in the way of the space bar, but this is nothing too bad. The keyboard is much better than anything I have seen before for a tablet.

Unfortunately, the case does not work as a case on the Galaxy Note...
Published 18 months ago by PT

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb 5-star product, 21 Jan 2013
A. Raghu (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aluminum Bluetooth Keyboard Case Stand for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 IP49 (Personal Computers)
This was my second keyboard (I returned the first, an inbuilt leather case one for approx £11). I wanted to try this even though it was unbranded because the branded ones with reviews were an eyewatering £50+. I'm glad I did. Within a day of use I could type on this almost as fast as I would on a normal keyboard. There are NO instances of letters/keystrokes being missed because of typing too fast or pressing a key too lightly. The bluetooth (on my Nexus 7) recognises the keyboard immediately (<2 seconds), so I am good to go straight out of the box.

Construction-wise, the keys are the so-called "chiclet style", meaning each key is visibly raised from the base and there is space between each key so that they don't run into each other. As described from my typing experience above, this works really well and I'd go so far as to say this sort of construction for a mobile keyboard is an essential.

I charged it once before going travelling - however I've not needed to before or since (the battery claims to last 140 hours). In any case it is a simple micro-USB charge so I don't see this as an issue (I will update my review in a year if anything about the battery performance changes).

The back of the keyboard is solid - so much so that you can type with the keyboard+tablet on your lap, or for e.g. in bed set against your knees - but obviously the ideal position is when you have a flat surface like a table for it to rest on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well enough, 23 Mar 2013
Feedback for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 keyboard So I typed up this review using the keyboard and Polaris app on the Note. Then I use the copy and paste feature put it in the browser here on Amazon. Here was my experience...
Pros
+ Ultra slim and light-weight. I will go with the battery life specs, seems to last for a great enough amount of time.
+ So easy to connect via bluetooth, even a cave man could do it.
+ Lovely tactile feedback when typing.
+ Keyboard keys are very responsive. No delay on screen, even when typing extremely fast.
+ Note tablet does fit securely on keyboard when closed. Becomes almost like a case for the device. I have found no issues with clip by the space bar. Doesn't interrupt my typing at all. Unless you have giant fingers, well then I can't vouch for it then.
+ Keys F and J do have a raised bump, nice reference point if you follow typing technique.
+ The media buttons play/pause, skip backward, skip forward, volume up & down does work. However, the skip does not do it by frame/chapter rather it just skips entirely to the next video. Also like on your computer, the spacebar also plays/pauses a video. Arrow keys also controls skip and volume when in video mode.
Cons
- Tablet will not sit securely on the board if not on a flat surface so no using it on the bus or train on your lap unless you can keep it flat. The tablet will fall off and annoy you! So to avoid frustration, just type using the on screen keyboard then. That's what tablets are made for. Note: I am typing laying on my bed with the tablet in the keyboard on my lap. Mad skills!
- For UK people, this keyboard is pretty much a US layout. It has a $ & no 'pound' sign available. However, you get " when you shift+2 and get your @ when you shift+". In other words, the keyboard physical layout of the keyboard is US but the keyboard language settings are UK. With the exception of the $ button.
- No 'Home' or Énd' keys. So if at the end of a sentence & you want to jump back to the beginning, you have too use the arrow keys or touch the screen. Touching the screen will then bring the on screen keyboard up so you have to get rid of that after then be on your merry way.
- You can't have a case on the tablet when using the keyboard so therefore you either go through the painstaking process of removing this case everytime you use the keyboard or you go without one. Not sure how the skin type cases will work.
- No light indicator to tell when Caps Lock is on or off. Just the regular OMG IT'S ON so I need to turn it off.

Overall it does the job of a keyboard well and like everything else has limitations. Hence things are made in versions but until version 2.0 (not that there is an actual 2.0 coming out) comes out then this will do tricks.
So would I recommend this product? Yes, its good for drafting long e-mails and typing long documents.
What do I dislike about it? Nothing...For the price I got it for, like McDonald's, I'm loving it.
Not a tool to convert your tablet into a laptop so bear that in mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect addition to my Galaxy Note 10.1, 13 Feb 2013
Dippy Bird (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
Since buying my Note 10.1 early in January I've hardly touched my laptop. However, the drawback of a tablet is the touch screen virtual keyboard which, if you trained to touch type as I did, is frustratingly slow to use. I was encouraged by the positive review of A. Raghu and I would agree with it completely.

I've never tried to sync a Bluetooth product but the simple instructions that came with the keyboard were straightforward and in seconds the keyboard and my tablet were communicating. The keyboard is small (obviously) but if you can touch type you very soon make the adjustment with your finger spacing. One slight design drawback (being right handed) is that the space bar sits quite a bit to the left in relation to the keyboard itself and therefore when you tap down with your right thumb to hit the space bar you are very close to the Alt key which is next to it. As I say it is really only a slight design drawback but something to be aware of if you are typing at any speed. So far the keys respond well and it is such a good feeling to be able to type (relatively) normally. I've yet to explore fully how all the operational keys work in relation to the on-screen apps and whether I still need to use my S-Pen to touch the screen, but all will come clear in time.

The keyboard as a cover sits easily but securely over the Note 10.1. The cover has raised rubber 'feet' at the inside four corners so that the keys do not rub against the table screen. When the cover is on you can still easily access the charging socket for the tablet and the battery charging socket for the keyboard itself is accessible down the side. It certainly does a good job of protecting the face of the tablet and looks very sleek and stylish.

All in all I think this is a pretty brilliant product. Oh and it arrived within 6 days of placing my order. It comes in its own box with simple setting up instructions and was despatched in a jiffy bag. The words in the product description on the box made me smile. I think it was first written in one language and then translated by someone speaking another language and then ended up in some form of English. You will understand what I mean when you buy it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a case, 12 Mar 2013

Unfortunately, the case does not work as a case on the Galaxy Note 10.1, the clips are obviously not designed for this tablet as it does not clip on securely and simply slides off once you life the tablet up.

If you are looking for a nice keyboard, give this a look, if you are looking for a keyboard & case, pass.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with my Samsung Note 10.1 (GT-N8010), 14 Nov 2013
Hi guys,
The 2 stars I gave for this keyboard was for the price,it's sleek style, light weight and it fits
the tablet perfectly as a case. However, It doesn't work with my Samsung note, I've tried about 20 times,
looked up youtube videos etc. but still nothing, I just couldn't understand it.

Then I decided to come back on to Amazon to see if there's something I missed. There was.
When I'm in settings and click into Bluetooth, my tablet comes up with the name GT-N8010. The keyboard comes up as BT 3.0 Keyboard for N8000!! SO this is why I'm beginning to think that it isn't pairing with my Samsung tablet. N8010 & N8000 must mean my device is a newer version than the keyboard?? I'm no tech expert or anything..but I think that may be the reason. The keyboard lights up, turns on and off, charges..so it works, but it just won't pair with my device.

Don't let my review turn you off buying this, it seems to work for everybody else, it was my own mistake.

IF ANYBODY COULD PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT ON MY SITUATION THAT WOULD BE GREAT!! ANY ADVISE IS APPRECIATED :)

2.0 out of 5 stars American keyboard, 25 Oct 2013
There is no pound sign on the keyboard, only dollar sign!!. It was specially designed for americans. The keys feels a bit small on the finger when typing on it. As a result of these, l make too many mistakes when using it to type. I have now returned to my normal bluetooth keyboard - thank you very much

Less than 2 weeks after using this keyboard, the letters started to rub off!!! I dont type with a wet or greasy fingers, so why would the letters rub off?

4.0 out of 5 stars bluetooth keyboard, 21 Aug 2013
Good product . In mi opinion the angle in which the tablet rests is too wide appears to be 60 degrees a 45 angle rest would be more appropriate.

2.0 out of 5 stars keyboard ok but key labels disppear!, 27 July 2013
The keybard works fine, looks good and is a good stand, battery life is good, thus almost perfect, BUT:

-You have to type quite carefully - it easily repeats a letter if you leave the finger a split second too long on the key
- often the keyboard is not recognised, so you have to set it up (means typing in a code on your display)
- The white lables on the keys which identify them are disappering fast. I am not a heavy user and the first letter, the s, is a blank black key within days of using this.

Sort that one out and I would recommend this keyboard. like this, be warned as it becomes useless in a short time...

2.0 out of 5 stars the keyboard doesn't clip on the note 10.1, 24 May 2013
my first impression of this item was that this is a low end product

i bought it for my galaxy note 10.1 and i intended to clip it on to the tablet when not in use just like it should do but it doesnt

connecting to the tablet via bluetooth is easy and works without any issues

even though the bluetooth keyboard is connected, the tablets onscreen keyboard stills pops up and for me this is annoying

the keyboards stand which is intended to hold the tablet is completely useless. it keeps falling off.

i wouldnt recommend this product to a friend

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but slightly disappointing, 12 May 2013
I already had a case for my Note 10.1 but wanted to buy a keyboard to make typing lengthier text (such as this!) easier and quicker. Having read the reviews of various keyboards I plumped for this one. As others have said, the keyboard arrived very promptly and well within the estimated date range.

Overall it allows me to type quicker than with the on screen keyboard and provides some protection for the screen when not being used. There are also a couple of things that were better than I was expecting (more details below) but overall my primary feeling is one of disappointment and the initial excitement I had when opening and first using the keyboard has long since gone.

The positives: I have found it generally more stable than I was expecting (given other reviews) and have been able to use it relatively easily on my lap. Having said that, it does need to be used with some care as it is rather top heavy and can easily topple over. I also found it clips on to the device easily and is sufficiently tight for what I need. (I have bought a pouch case to add additional protection.)

The negatives: although generally typing is accurate I have found that on fairly regular occasions the keyboard produces unwanted "double letters". This is not a major issue, more a niggle, but means I need to keep a close eye on what I am typing to make sure I correct any errors.

For me the biggest issue, though, is that despite having only had the keyboard for a couple of weeks, many of the keys are wearing off making the letters hard to see. This includes, A, S, E, T, Backspace and the Left Shift key. This does not affect the actual functioning of the keys themselves but is very disappointing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›