5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it
I got through this book in 2 days as Matthews makes it unputdownable .... lovely slushy story which lifts your heart. My only negative is that there are a few typo' s which I find distracting. Other than that we'll recommended.
Published 15 months ago by Shani Lannen

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too cringe-worthy for my liking
Well, I’d never heard of Carole Matthews before, and then I read two of her books in a row. Unfortunately I found this one to be the weaker one.
Published 12 months ago by Erica

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too cringe-worthy for my liking, 11 May 2014
Erica (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sweetest Taboo (Paperback)
Sadie used to have a job in the high-flying banking world, until she was laid off. Since then she has been forced to grab every temporary job that’s offered to her in order to make ends meet. During a stint of handing out leaflets at a book fair she is approached by Gil McGann, a Hollywood movie producer who is on his last day in London, and they end up spending the night together… sitting on a sofa and talking, then falling asleep.
This marks the start of their rather unconventional romance, which ultimately results in Gil sending Sadie an open-ended ticket to Los Angeles because he misses her too much. Sweet, right? There’s just one problem: Gil hasn’t actually got round to divorcing his wife yet.
To his credit, he’s not the type of guy who knowingly messes around with another woman while still being married. He does genuinely seem to want to move on with Sadie. Unfortunately he’s also a spineless idiot who ends up continuously being manipulated by his almost-ex-wife, which makes it hard to root for him and Sadie getting their act together.
Sadie herself I found a bit… Well, I’m not sure what I thought of her really. I didn’t dislike her, but I can’t say I really liked her either, and as the book progressed, the situations she ended up in became progressively more convoluted and groan-worthy. She meets a drop-dead-gorgeous young actor, Tavis, and throughout the rest of the book she constantly bounces between him and Gil, never getting anywhere with either of them even though they are both crazy about her.
The writing in this book was excellent, I have no qualms with that. The problem lay with the content. It was enjoyable on the whole, but it just became increasingly difficult to suspend my disbelief, and the ending was rather meh.
Read if you don’t want to think too much, have no problem with cringing your way through a book and can handle the very British atmosphere that permeates it, for all that it mostly takes place in Hollywood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 24 Feb. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked, 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Sweetest Taboo (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly entertaining read as always! Always know you're in for a treat, can't wait for the next one and the next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Was sorry to finish it!, 26 Sept. 2011
debandandy (Lincolnshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sweetest Taboo (Paperback)
I had never read any Carole Matthews novels before but I loved this one so much that I will be buying her other titles. This was a great story with believable characters that I really felt for, I worried about how they would all turn out. At times it was laugh out loud, sometimes made me want to go "Aww" and I also wanted to get on the next plane to LA!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 21 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Sweetest Taboo (Kindle Edition)
Found it a little hard to get into but once I did I couldn't put it down til I finished it

4.0 out of 5 stars The Sweetest Taboo, 15 April 2014
This review is from: The Sweetest Taboo (Kindle Edition)
Another great book by Carole Matthews it is so true to life I picked this book as I had read several of her others that kept me riveted to the book and could not wait to see what happened brilliant can't wait to start another one

5.0 out of 5 stars the sweetest taboo, 20 Jan. 2014
Mrs. K. M. Adams (Norwich Norfolk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sweetest Taboo (Kindle Edition)
This is the second time I have read this book it is a well written book and has interesting characters all woven in together.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my first app book, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Sweetest Taboo (Kindle Edition)
This story was so easy to read and kept you interested until the end. The beauty of apps is you cannot read the end before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Sweetest Taboo (Kindle Edition)
I have read many of Carole Matthew's books and have loved everyone of them. Will continue to buy them all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the obvious answer, 7 April 2013
This review is from: The Sweetest Taboo (Kindle Edition)
Liked this book as it was not as obvious in the eventual plot as many romoantic novels.

had good pace and didn't feel the need to go into graphic detail every 10 pages.

A good read!