5.0 out of 5 stars Different but fantastic story
having read the other reviews Im a little shocked. I have read most of Carole Matthews books and have to say I thought this was brilliant. Personally speaking I think it's one of her best, It was a pleasant surprise to read about a fairy involved in a romantic novel with humour added. Well written for the adult, brings out the child in all of us.
Brilliant
Published on 5 April 2008 by M. Crompton

3.0 out of 5 stars Is three stars too much?
I really enjoy Carole Matthews witty style of writing but all the way through this book I was thinking what a very silly storyline. Without giving anything away (the blurb on the back of the book certainly doesn't as I probably wouldn't have bought it if I'd known), you may feel like I did after reading it and think "hmm, not one of her best".
Published on 27 Feb 2008 by Sue

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Different but fantastic story, 5 April 2008
M. Crompton "nicky c" (U.K cheshire) - See all my reviews
Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars A grown up fairy tale, 2 Mar 2008
This review is from: It's a Kind of Magic (Paperback)
I've read all of Carole Matthews books and I found this very different to what she usually writes, but still really enjoyed it.
If you're the kind of girl who likes fairy tales then this is the book for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Was a fairy a good idea?, 8 Mar 2008
Damaskcat (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: It's a Kind of Magic (Paperback)
I really enjoyed The Chocolate Lover's Club, and The Chocolate Lover's Diet, but I wasn't so enamoured of this one. It was enjoyable but the introduction of magic did not quite fit somehow. If you like magic in your books Christina Jones hits the right note for me.
That said I finished it and found it entertaining. Leo and his friends were realistically drawn and believable. Oddly enough I was less convinced by Emma. She did learn from her own mistakes and change by the end of the book but she wasn't quite believable. I did like some of the scenes with Isobel - the fairy - and people's reactions to her were interesting.
Not as good as the two Chocolate books, but still good light reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars Is three stars too much?, 27 Feb 2008
Sue (hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 21 Aug 2008
This review is from: It's a Kind of Magic (Paperback)
Wow not what i expected at all!!!!! however i kept on reading and was well rewarded!! a real escapism read which really has a feel good touch to it!!! i've recomended it to all my friends already!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 5 July 2008
This review is from: It's a Kind of Magic (Paperback)
I usually like Carole Matthews and especially like her chocolate lovers ones. I have to say I was disapponted with this, I thought the story was ridiculous and the parts that were supposed to be funny, eg the stuck in the box part, were just so unfunny they didnt even make me smile. I did think about giving up several times but persevered with it and now I've finished it I'm not sure why I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not one of her best!, 2 April 2008
Bookworm (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: It's a Kind of Magic (Paperback)
I normally love all Carole Matthews' books and I find them humorous and a good all round read. However, I felt that this one wasn't as good as all of her others. The humour and the lovable characters were there, but I felt as if the storyline lacked the reality of her previous novels. I felt confused by the whole idea of Isobel, ie. was she real or was she a fairy? I also felt that the character of Emma was so irritating, but I warmed to her by the end of the book. I would still recommend reading this book to others, though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Magical!, 15 Feb 2008
N. Pyart (Worthing, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: It's a Kind of Magic (Paperback)
Love all Matthews books this wasn't disappointing but it does have the slight fairy tale feel that you get in childrens books which was a change from her others,
Still it was very enjoyable
Would reccomend you give it a go!

4.0 out of 5 stars Frothy fun., 11 July 2014
Mrs. D. E. Stout (surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: It's a Kind of Magic (Kindle Edition)
Great escapist beach read. A fun book with a magical twist. Easy feel good romantic reading with a happy ending great.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book with very diffurent type of story, 8 April 2014
This review is from: It's a Kind of Magic (Paperback)
Well I did not expect this from Carole Matthews, but it was a very interesting story. I did enjoy it,

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›