5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations!
This is my second TomTom, my first was a GO700 which is still going well after 8 years. I changed because I fancied a large screen and the new features. I deleted my old TomTom Home2 site on my computer completely and installed the new one for the Start called 'MyTomTom' which is a free download on the TomTom main site page 'Getting Started'. I would advise you to do the...
Published on 16 Oct 2012 by Russell

2.0 out of 5 stars Some good points but also major weaknesses
This is my 3rd TomTom and I've beeen very happy with the previous models. I mainly bought it for the free European map updates as they are very expensive to buy. Apart from the free map updates its good points are the large clear screen and clear spoken directions including street names. The bad poins are:
- Long boot-up time, about 60 seconds
- Ridiculously...
Published 11 months ago by PeterRH

‹ Previous | 132 33 3464 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars not sure if product is faulty, 3 July 2013
This review is from: TomTom Start 25 M Sat Nav with UK Maps & Lifetime Map Updates (Electronics)
a number of roads are marked as unnamed. Is this a fault ? the roads are well established as well as being spoken and named when voice instructions are being read.

I am fairly new to sat nav use but this may need replacing... is there anywhere I can find out if this is a fault ?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sat Nav, 28 Jun 2013
I bought this to replace a rather tired go 300. This one is much better with many more options and much clearer screen. Also better than a Garmin I used whiel in SOuth Africa

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buiy, 28 Jun 2013
I often read the reviews before I buy. You wonder what some people think they are getting. I bought this for my wife. It arrived. Connected and updated immediately and has done ever since. The life time updates a real bonus. It has a few differences in route to my 720 GO but it does exactly what is says 'on the tin'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Europe here I come, 25 Jun 2013
Excellent product. I would definitely reccommend it to others. Great maps/directions; found it a life saver when travelling across Europe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 19 Jun 2013
This navigator is great. When it was delivered I went through the process of updating its maps before using it. I have to say the process of updating the map is seriously tedious and confusing. It took me hours to figure out how to actually update it as it did not detect the device when connected. When it finally did though it updated and it works great! That's why I gave it 4/5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good device, 17 Jun 2013
Expensive to get up dated maps otherwise excellent a particular good feature is the highlighted lanes coming to junctions. Slightly irretating having to silence the volume regularly

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 18 April 2013
Have been using this in France this week. Had a few problems finding my route when sat on the ferry and had to find somewhere tom pull over and work so that the route would navigate properly. I would recommend having a good look through the instructions first even if it looks obvious - avoids unnecessary stress at the start of a journey abroad!

4.0 out of 5 stars TomTom Start 25 5" satnav, 16 April 2013
It's a good satnav, simple to use and clear. The voice is loud enough and explains directions accurately - when I'm listening!

It's tried to send me to Sweden! - we didn't go - and it's had a couple of occasions when it wouldn't boot up - computer updates required, which fixed the issue. Otherwise, it's been really useful helping with unfamiliar directions.

Hoping to use it in Spain later this year. I wonder if it'll need updates on our first day there! Watch this space....

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 8 April 2013
A. Mcsean - See all my reviews
A very effective satnav. Lacks a few frills but the effective and familiar TT interface makes it easy to use and perfect for finding minor cricket fields across the Middlesex suburbs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goog value for money, 6 April 2013
Easy to work with, the touch screen works well and the display is nice and big and it has got maps of the whole Europe

‹ Previous | 132 33 3464 | Next ›