4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money choice
After reading many sat nav reviews I was totally confused. How people can feel qualified to review a product they have only used for 2/3 weeks and hardly used I don't understand. I already had a Tom Tom with just Western Europe on it and wanted one with all Europe on. I plumped for this model and hoped for the best. I wasn't disappointed. We travel down to Croatia and...
Published 22 months ago by Dyfi man

3.0 out of 5 stars Tom Tom Via 135 M Sat Nav - The M is important.
Before I start I want to say that the M is important if you want the free Lifetime Updates, not to be confused with the Via 135.

Review.
I needed a new sat nav to replace my old Navman. I loved my Navman but I knew it was time for a new one when attending a conference for work, way out in the sticks and it took me to a lovely quiet spot down a cart track...
Published 19 months ago by Mittzi

‹ Previous | 114 15 1624 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to contact TomTom customer services to change my maps ..., 21 Jan. 2015
Had to contact TomTom customer services to change my maps from Tom Tom One but they were very helpful and everything now work well. I keep getting regular map updates.

2.0 out of 5 stars A poor product, difficult website to navigate and very limited customer service, 19 Aug. 2013
I have been incredibly disappointed by this Sat Nav... my old TomTom was heaps better. Updates come frequently, requiring connection to a computer, and have used most of the memory in just a few months. Despite this the sat nav frequently does not know where it is sending me miles out of my way. I have had the problem from new (bought this year via Amazon) but instead of a direct replacement TomTom after a long battle have offered to repair it.... really not good enough.

If you drive in Europe infrequently I would advise buying a Sat Nav with UK maps only (reduces updates).

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor voice and Bluetooth, 16 May 2013
Peter Ball "ballfamily4" (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
The Bluetooth connection to my phone makes both parties too quiet and this is not a useable device for this. The voice recognition is awful translating the command turn sound off as find the nearest zoo! The maps are good but there are cheaper sat navs with good maps, the Internet updates take ages , will try Garmin next time

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous tomtom for first timer, 25 Feb. 2013
My first tomtom, and very happy with my purchase. Easy to use for a first timer. Very happy with price paid

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good product, 20 Jan. 2013
Purchased this Sat Nav after having a very basic Tom Tom for a number of years. Found many of the new features very useful : the intelligent lane information, the spoken road names and numbers invaluable. I purchased the 5" screen and this is a very good size to give clear information. Have yet to try the different route planning - usually just go for the quickest as prefer motorways and main roads - have noticed though that this gives different routes to our old Tom Tom (on quickest route).

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money., 15 Jan. 2013
My old TT910 has given me sterling service but needed a new Western Europe map which was going to be expensive. As I
hankered after a larger screen and was attracted by the "free maps for life offer" I thought it was better to put the money towards purchasing this model than soldiering on with the 910. I have just returned from a drive through France and Belgium via the Eurotunnel which gave it a good testing. The screen is great and very readable but does occasionally change to a route view just when you want to see a junction view. The lane assistance is brilliant, particularly in cities but also useful on European motorways when it can be easy to land up in the wrong place when motorways divide. I do not find it as friendly as my old 910 or as easily tuneable to my wishes but, to be fair, I'm still going through a learning curve with it and it cost well under half the price of its predecessor. The voice instructions were clear and accurate at all times so I am happy with my purchase and would commend it to others. The only real annoyance is the built-in stand as it means unmounting the whole thing every time I take it out of the car and also makes it bulky in the pocket which negates the benefit of a flat screen. Still, unlike the early TT stands it doesn't droop.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 28 Dec. 2012
Moved to a new area and this Sat Nav has proved invaluable for finding my way around an unfamiliar place.
Quick and easy to set up and use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Need a fast/reliable broadband connection to update the maps. ..., 12 Sept. 2014
Need a fast/reliable broadband connection to update the maps. It takes me 15hrs, if I'm lucky and the connection holds!

4.0 out of 5 stars but all in all good sat nav, 8 Aug. 2014
Its taking a bit of getting use to and with no instructions still sussing it out, but all in all good sat nav.

3.0 out of 5 stars poor GPS signal, 27 Jan. 2013
Maps are accurate and it finds the most direct route easily compared to the old machines but is let down by the fact that it keeps on loosing its GPS signal- even after installing patch that should have solved this problem. Went to London and was sent on a merry chase as it lost the GPS signal several times resulting in missed turns and then a tour of the oneway sysrem when it connected again!

‹ Previous | 114 15 1624 | Next ›