1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredibly well written and compelling collection of short stories, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Greetings From Below (Kindle Edition)
I took a gamble on this book after it kept appearing in my “recommended” list. Intrigued by the great cover art and interesting synopsis, I decided to give it a go – and I am so pleased that I did. All I can say is “WOW”, what a fantastic read!

Written from a first person perspective, this book follows Nick Danze as he struggles with the decisions and events that help shape his life. Beautifully written, each individual short story is part of a larger, intertwining story that helps the reader understand the inner turmoil and raw emotion of the main character, and how these emotions affect those nearest and dearest to him. The author made it easy to identify with Nick as his flaws, bad decisions and his longing to be accepted, build him into a truly complex, multi-layered and captivating person.

Although all of the stories are compelling to read, for me, what makes this book truly stand out from others is the glorious writing style. Very rarely have I read a book that manages to build such vivid images in my head - the meticulous descriptions and the astounding array of vocabulary used by the author really adds substance to the narrative and helps make this book an absolute delight to read.

I would have no hesitations recommending “Greeting From Below” to anyone, especially those who appreciate incredible writing, great characters and powerful stories. Simply put, this book is stunning.

Greetings From Below