5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product
This is my third lifeproof case for 3 different phones. I have tried most cases and they have all failed me in one way or another. The griffin survivor was a very good case but the rubberyness of the outer sticks to the inside of your pockets, the outer of the lifeproof cases really help with the holding and feel of an iPhone and the water proof ability if them is...
Published 23 months ago by collielaw

1.0 out of 5 stars LIfeProof Maybe But not Quality
* quality of screen cover RUBBISH - it was not taut so it was very hard to interact with the screen and was dirty with finger prints.
* Making a call RUBBISH - no one could hear a word I was saying I had to shout
Published on 12 Feb. 2013 by rjhj

1.0 out of 5 stars LIfeProof Maybe But not Quality, 12 Feb. 2013
* Making a call RUBBISH - no one could hear a word I was saying I had to shout
* The interaction with the sound off/on switch to the side RUBBISH - I had to push back and forth to try and make it interact with the switch, tiresome!!!

This product made me think I had bought a bootleg case, at these prices I expected a higher quality.

Shame on you Lifeproof it was not fit for purpose and it did not do what it says on the box........it made me unhappy

1.0 out of 5 stars amazon selling fake product!, 23 Nov. 2013
This review is from: LifeProof fré Case for the iPhone 5 - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
The Sent me a fake case, they demanded it wasn't a fake. lifeproof proved that it was. complained got nothing more than another fake case sent out to me! again lifeproof prove the case is fake. both front and back case have unique one time only serial numbers. so easy to prove a fake case by calling them. also easy before you even take case out of box as lifeproof packaging has the smal circled r for trademark log at the end of the f in their name. these chinese fakes which arent water proof will destroy your iphone.
do not buy from amazon.
this has gone on for 7 days, not only are they committing crimes under UK law they are failing to compensate for the hassle!
do not buy lifeproof from amazon even if shipped by amazon that means nothing!

1.0 out of 5 stars Copy???, 8 Sept. 2013
Hmmm, having bought directly from Lifeproof and then buying this...I'm sure it's a copy?? The case wouldn't close properly hence no waterproof seal, people on the other end of call couldn't hear what was being said...very poor. Binned it and bought another direct from Lifeproof...yes costs more but if you want quality...

1.0 out of 5 stars COUNTERFEIT ITEM!, 22 Aug. 2013
Avoid at all costs!! Counterfeit item being fobbed off as the real thing. Currently waiting to hear back from Amazon Investigation team so well see what they have to say. THIS IS NOT A GENUINE LIFEPROOF CASE

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE ITEMS, 9 Mar. 2013
The cases were made of cheap plastic that broke, the sound quality on the phone call and playing music was terrible, I had a lifeproof case for my old iphone and it was fantastic, this one on the other hand was disgraceful.... would not recommend buying from this seller

2.0 out of 5 stars Great protection...Terrible reception., 24 Feb. 2013
I bought this case on the recommendation of other family members who own it and love it. Even the guy at the Apple store had one! It's sleek design and protective capabilities are fabulous. My issue is that when someone calls or skypes, they can't hear a thing that I am saying. Take the case off and it is fine. Lifeproof claims to have some quick fixes online, but none of them have worked and they have not responded to my enquiries. I know of others who are having this problem, and some that have no problems. Just be aware when purchasing this that sound quality might be an issue.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid like the plague... REALLY, don't buy this!!!, 26 Jan. 2013
P Firmager (Leicestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
I don't really want to waste any more of my life on this phone case but I feel a strong responsibility to warn anybody thinking of buying this product. Please read this review and understand that I REALLY WANTED TO LIKE THIS CASE but it is impossible to look past its many MANY failings.

Firstly, for a £50 iPhone case it feels absolutely cheap which immediatley made me feel as though I had been ripped off. My first thoughts were that I had actually been sent a counterfeit product however after a bit of research on the web it appears that this cheap plastic/cheap feel/cheap build quality is just the way the product is.

Secondly is that it may well be the slimmest waterproof iPhone case but it is enormous compared to any other iPhone case I have used in the past, making it feel twice as big, thick and heavy.

On to design flaws; the case simply makes the phone stop working the way it is supposed to, causing problems when on a call as the other party can't hear you very well and when you go to end the call the "End" button doesn't work as the case conflict with the phones proximity sensor. Also the built in screen protector creates a large air gap between it and the actual glass screen of the phone which makes typing and using the phone a truly horrible affair. It also looks unsightly and badly designed.

On to reliability and longevity (this is an easy one) - MY CASE BROKE AFTER TWO DAYS OF USE! The dock cover clasp snapped off which immediately made the case no longer waterproof and therefore pointless. Furthermore when trying to charge the phone only the USB to Lightning cable will fit in the hole so any converters you have won't fit.

I will be seeking to get my money back however when I made my feelings clear towards Lifeproof about their abomination of a product I got no response at all...

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 23 July 2013
Cover has a very cheap look and feel, when talking you sound like a dalek to the other people. The screen protection makes using the touch screen very hard.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pity it leaked when tested before use, 6 Feb. 2013
nice looking unit but it failed the leak test recommended by the manufacturer before use. It does not seem to be the type of enclosure I would want for day to day use. Should be OK for use in rain and outdoor activity.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fraudulent case - do not buy, 8 Feb. 2013
Case appears legimate with appropriate packaging however case interferes with screen controls during calls. Informed by Lifeproof that case barcodes are fraudulent. Advise do not buy.

LifeProof fré Case for the iPhone 5 - Black