5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put the book down!!
Published on 5 Oct 2010 by M. J. Mcnicholas

3.0 out of 5 stars not a bad read
Published on 10 Jan 2011 by Luisa Alves

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put the book down!!, 5 Oct 2010
M. J. Mcnicholas "Rainbow moon" (london,uk) - See all my reviews
I'm not one for writing reviews really...I feel other people always say what I want to (and use longer words). I have just finished Bayou Moon and felt compelled to tell others how great it is, from the first page to the last. I loved the characters of William and Cerise. In fact I prefered William's 'hero' by far to Declan's ( sorry Declan). He was flawed, vulnerable and full of self doubt, I could really sympathise with him. I liked most of the characters in the book. They weren't there just to fill in space and move the story a long...they were interesting in their own right. I would love to know what happened to Uncle Hugh!!! I read the first book in the Edge series and it just didn't hold a candle to the Kate Daniels series but the Edge is definitely growing on me...now all I need do is wait another year for the next book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 5 Oct 2010
Having read "On the Edge" and "Bayou Moon" in less than a week i can happily say that Ilona Andrews is now my favourite writter. I'm a massive Kate Daniels fan so thought i would have a dip into the Edge and i loved it! Just wish there was more for me to read now.
Cerise is an Edger, living in the swamp area of "The Edge", the place between two worlds, the Broken where there is no magic, and the Weird where magic is in abundance. William is a Changeling, originaly a soldier from the weird, he escaped from their bizzare laws and fled to the broken but now has to come to the Edge to settle an old score and needs Cerise's help to do it.
Great story, loads of action, just enough romance to make me smile and a good dollop of Ilona's sense of humor. Read it NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely loved this book., 30 Sep 2010
I have read ilona andrews kate daniels series and the previous edge book and this is just as amazing as all of those
You can probably read this without having read on the edge though I seriously recommend reading on the edge anyway as it would be a shame not to read such a great book and it would definitely help you understand more about the characters.
I would love to read more books set in this world and I loved that the alphas from short stories posted on ilona andrews blog were briefly mentioned

5.0 out of 5 stars "The Edge" is just getting better and better!, 27 Nov 2010
The world of The Edge is an interesting one. Modern-day life is juxtaposed with an almost wild-west setting and also with a more traditional fantasy setting. The Broken is mundane earth - technology rules and there is no magic. Then there is The Weird - full of magic and shape shifters and mystical creatures. Sandwiched between is a sort of buffer zone - The Edge. People who live in The Edge have some magic, but not enough to keep them from entering The Broken. They forge a life for themselves much as did our pioneer ancestors.

The setting of Bayou Moon intrigued me from the beginning. Being a Louisiana girl, I appreciated the swamp setting and I knew exactly what she meant when she said it had an almost primeval beauty. Something I've liked about both Edge books is the almost "old world" setting - if you back-stab an Edger or renege on a deal they aren't likely to call the law, but might shoot you, instead. It just seems like a simpler world, in some ways - even though a more dangerous one.

The hero of Bayou Moon is William Wolf. William is a changeling - a lot of his thought processes aren't like a "typical" man's. Well, maybe they are... he does tend to be pretty straight-forward. Regarding his feelings toward Cerise, the heroine, he's just adorable. Cerise, on the other hand, is tough, a great fighter, and every bit a match for William though she does need to work on trust issues.

The over-arching story is one of betrayal and revenge. Another Mire family, the Sheeriles, has sold out Cerise's parents to agents of The Hand from Louisiana (a territory in the Weird, not the state) and is planning on annihilating her family. Not only does Cerise have to worry about putting an end to a generations-long feud with the Sheeriles, but she's also got to rescue her parents from the ruthless Hand. The clock is ticking.

Andrews does a great job of mixing action, danger, humor and romance in this book. I thoroughly enjoyed it. As a note, I think it's possible to enjoy Bayou Moon even if you haven't read On the Edge (Book 1), although as part of a series reading the previous books always adds to the experience. I originally thought these books were going to be Urban Fantasy similar to the Kate Daniels / Mercy Thompson books, but it looks like they are going to fall into the Paranormal Romance category since it seems like we'll be getting a new Hero / heroine in each installment. I have no problem with that, personally, and would recommend this book to any fan of Paranormal Romance or an Urban Fantasy fan who doesn't mind a bit of romance in the mix.

Reviewed for The Romance Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Better than book #1, 14 Oct 2010
Claire Mill "Cem" (England) - See all my reviews
Bayou Moon is the second book in The Edge series by husband and wife writing team, Ilona and Andrew Gordon under the pseudonym Ilona Andrews. Ilona and Gordon's Kate Daniels series is one of my favourite series full stop, so of course when they started The Edge series, it was a must read for me. The first book, On The Edge, was very good and I loved it, but it is very different to the Kate series. While reading On The Edge I had a feeling, much as I liked it, that (rather like the Kate series actually) that I'd enjoy book 2 even more. I wasn't wrong, I adored this one!!

Bayou Moon follows William, the wolf changeling from On The Edge, in his continued hunt for his old enemy Spider. He was quite possibly my favourite character from OTE, despite not being the main role or the hero of the story. He's so deeply damaged, no family, a trained killer, someone who wants nothing more than a family of his own. There is something heartbreaking about reading the first chapter of this book, seeing him playing with the action figures he's bought himself to try and have some of the childhood he was denied.

William is hunting Spider in the Edge when his path crosses that of Cerise Mar. The Mar's are land rich but cash poor and her parents, head of the family, have just disappeared. It's thought that their long term rivals are responsible, but she soon learns that Spider has a hand in it as well. Cerise has to lead her family against their rivals knowing not everyone will survive. She realises William will be a valuable asset going up against Spider, but with sparks flying between them and secrets that could ruing everything, nothing is simple.

I didn't have any problems getting in to this book, I was hooked from the start. It's written in third person, mostly from William and Cerise's POV's but the occasional snippet from others as well gives a fuller view of what's going on. I already loved William and my love for him just grew through the book. Cerise is a new character to the series and it didn't take me long at all to like her as well. She's pretty awesome actually. She's completely dedicated to her family, smart, brave and a hell of a fighter. Cerise is no damsel in distress and I love her for it. I love her snark and how she insists on calling William 'Lord Bill' despite his constant 'it's William'. So funny watching them rile each other up. The chemistry between them was played pretty perfectly. Misunderstandings crop up as well as some big secrets and while my heart ached for them at times, they were just as likely to crack me up with their attempts at flirtation.

But the romance is only half the plot. The other half is taken up with Cerise's hunt to get her parents back, and William's determination to find and kill Spider. There is plenty of action and tension as they try to figure out exactly what's going on, what Spider is after and such. I was hanging on the story all the way through wanting, needing, to know what happened and if either or both of them would succeed in their aims, and of course if they'd manage to make things work between them.

Like all of Ilona and Gordon's books it's a vividly drawn story with such well rounded characters that I find easy to care about. One thing that shines very brightly through their books is the semblance of family. Children/teens and parental type roles don't play a big role in urban fantasy/paranormal romance etc. books, but it's an aspect I always feel adds something extra, something more real to a book. It's a complex issue to add though and it doesn't always work, but so far Ilona and Gordon have gotten it spot on every time and Bayou Moon is no exception. I love the family relationships in it and how they change and grow with the issues faced.

Another big hit from a favourite author. Bayou Moon is spectacular, intense, sweet and funny as well. The mix of magic and real world felt more settled and solid than it did in On The Edge, maybe just because I already understood the world, but whatever the reason, it did feel more solid than book one. It was fantastic from beginning to end and let some interesting things open for future books. I can't wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a series!, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: Bayou Moon (The Edge Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I could not put this book down! Try it and yo'll find yourself buying all the other books immediately, then shutting down your social life until you have read every last page!

4.0 out of 5 stars This series is really starting to grow on me!, 1 Nov 2012
J. Cooper "Jude" (Hove, UK) - See all my reviews
Like many others I too had doubts as to whether the Ilona Andrews team should abandon Kate, Curran and the rest to set up a new series set in the Edge. I still don't quite get the Edge, the Weird and the Broken but it just doesn't matter as the stories are great. I love series and these are not per se a series as they each cover an individual couple and very much have a start and a conclusion (no bad thing). However, they do introduce recurrent characters which ties them together and lets you see how earlier protagonists are getting on in life.
As regards Bayou Moon I really enjoyed the swamp feel and enjoyed both Cerise and William - it is of course a much better read when the heroine really doesn't need protecting or saving but IA are managing to write incredible Paranormal Romance rather than Urban Fantasy. I also liked the Mirror and the Hand - both spy organisations where one is possibly slightly more acceptable as it doesn't fuse things to people to enhance them and also send them mad.
I'm very happy with how IA are developing the Edge and I will read more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reading, 7 July 2011
I liked the kate daniels series and I was a bit dubious about buying The Edge series after reading the reviews but thought i would just give them a try i ordered the first one only and loved it so ordered this one and now looking forward to the new one.

3.0 out of 5 stars not a bad read, 10 Jan 2011
Luisa Alves (London, England United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I am a fan of Ilona Andrews Kate Daniels series so thought I would try the Edge novels - whilst they are entertaining they are not up to the Kate Daniels series as I found myself not really caring what happened to characters they didnt seem as engaging as some of the characters in her other books - it may be that I had high expectations of the author. Having said that I enjoyed the book and dont regret buying it

5.0 out of 5 stars Swampland magic and shapeshifters with a hint of romance, 16 Nov 2010
Illona Andrews is a husband and wife writing team that have produced the funny and popular Kate Daniels Series.
Bayou Moon is the second of 'The Edge' novels.
The first novel 'On the Edge' established The Edge as a place between our world of The Broken and the world of Magic, The Weird.
Bayou Moon takes the story of William the Wolf and expands it for us, in the first book he is lonely and outcast searching for a family.
In Bayou Moon he is coopted by the Weird and the nation he once served's spymaster on a mission against the enemy and their search for a weapon to destroy the other nations of The Weird. William heads out the the swamp lands of the Edge, meeting Cerise Mar.
Cerise is on a quest to save her parents who have mysteriously dissapeared on a visit to her Grandparents' abadoned house. A rival clan turns up claming it as sold to them. She ventures to the Broken to find a relative with copies of papers of ownership. On the way back she and William collide and become involved in family secrets and a war between the nations of the Weird.

I love Illona Andrews, they throw in random and incredibly funny moments with imaginative and descriptive storytelling with engaging and likable characters.
Illona is Russian and I think the darkness of Russian Fiction here is combined with her partners style to create a unique and fabulous world.
This book may be billed as a romance but it's not the main theme of the book, it's far from any zebra or harlequin style story. The love story is a main theme but it's an add on to a woven tapestry of adventure, magic, discovery, family and secrets.

If you enjoy their previous works then give this book a go, if not then you don't have to read the first novel to get into the story. I like that we do meet the characters of the first novel so it does some added dimension.

I will be continuing to follow Illona Andrews and suggest that you do too.

Bayou Moon (The Edge Book 2)
3.50