5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone can pick up some tips, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: Quavondo's Photography Lighting Techniques with Images and Light Set-Ups (Kindle Edition)
Whilst I'm fairly confident in my ability when lighting subjects at weddings and portrait shoots, I'm a firm believer that you can always learn more. Having read the whole book, I can honestly say there's something in there for everyone - from complete beginner to full-time pro. Written in a no-nonsense way (and completely honest about some of his shoots being on a budget, as well as shooting on locations he didn't have permission to shoot on) Quavondo makes it very clear and simple for you to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Feb 2013
Had no problem with the kindle version at all. Useful guide for those new to strobes. Looking forward to volume 2. This guy is VERY talented

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, 31 Oct 2013
I liked the book and the author's style. Lots of useful info. It got a bit samey and tedious towards the end but I did read it all in one go. Would I buy it again? Yes definitely.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant insight into Lighing, 28 Oct 2013
Mr. Stephen R. Laity "picksil" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
Everything about this guide, is great, from the reduced price to the ideas about how to make the best use of your strobes.
I use three off camera, speed-lights in manual mode, and this book had inspired me to play with the distance, angle, attachments and locations I use.
5 STAR

4.0 out of 5 stars I'd recommend, 12 Jun 2013
I chose to by this book because I saw that it had detailed explanation of the lightning equipments used for both outdoor and indoor lighting photography. I am excited about the book, it gives detailed explanation of how and why every photograph was taken the way it was. the book suits my purpose of buying it. some people might nit find it that helpful but I got what I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably one of the best books I've purchased, 25 Mar 2014
This is probably one of the best books I've purchased on lighting and techniques and I would highly recommend it for any photographer, within the book he goes into details and diagrams on how the shoot was created and also how he fought about the shoot.

Very open with the settings always listing how we started and how we finished

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice but...., 14 Jan 2014
Book is nice and helpful for beginners and pro.
But.... why use only Canon L series lenses?
And only recommend these one?

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value, 7 Sep 2013
Brilliant value and very well illustrated compared to other books which in my opinion were very overpriced ,well done Amazon you got it excactely right and if this author compiles any further books I would not hesitate to purchase further editions.Thankyou once again.Colin Aitken

4.0 out of 5 stars Good guide for lighting set-ups, 5 Aug 2013
Athough the some of the images in this book are not the best showcase of work they do include lighting set up charts for individual shots and a good range of descriptive text. With some better photos/layout I would have given this book 5*

ARRAY(0xb1e44234)