5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone can pick up some tips
Published 20 months ago by KSG Photography

2.0 out of 5 stars Beginners guide to lighting techniques
Published 6 months ago by Larry Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone can pick up some tips, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: Quavondo's Photography Lighting Techniques with Images and Light Set-Ups (Kindle Edition)
Whilst I'm fairly confident in my ability when lighting subjects at weddings and portrait shoots, I'm a firm believer that you can always learn more. Having read the whole book, I can honestly say there's something in there for everyone - from complete beginner to full-time pro. Written in a no-nonsense way (and completely honest about some of his shoots being on a budget, as well as shooting on locations he didn't have permission to shoot on) Quavondo makes it very clear and simple for you to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Feb 2013
Had no problem with the kindle version at all. Useful guide for those new to strobes. Looking forward to volume 2. This guy is VERY talented

2.0 out of 5 stars Beginners guide to lighting techniques, 18 April 2014
This book should have been titled 'Beginners guide to lighting techniques'The information on lighting layouts and equipment used is pretty basic, but can be useful to to people with no previous experience, however the images used in this publication look very contrived and in my opinion let the book down. Some of these publications aimed primarily at the US market, do not travel well.

' Light it, Shoot it, Retouch it' from Scott Kelby is a far superior product. You get much more detailed information on lighting configurations, equipment used, rational behind the shoot, and some stunning images. My advice would be to look at this publication before you purchase a book on this subject.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, 31 Oct 2013
I liked the book and the author's style. Lots of useful info. It got a bit samey and tedious towards the end but I did read it all in one go. Would I buy it again? Yes definitely.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant insight into Lighing, 28 Oct 2013
Everything about this guide, is great, from the reduced price to the ideas about how to make the best use of your strobes.
I use three off camera, speed-lights in manual mode, and this book had inspired me to play with the distance, angle, attachments and locations I use.
5 STAR

4.0 out of 5 stars I'd recommend, 12 Jun 2013
I chose to by this book because I saw that it had detailed explanation of the lightning equipments used for both outdoor and indoor lighting photography. I am excited about the book, it gives detailed explanation of how and why every photograph was taken the way it was. the book suits my purpose of buying it. some people might nit find it that helpful but I got what I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars stunning, 25 May 2014
Many books leave me feeling unsure of what I'm doing, but this one stands out.
The step through from beginning to end, along with brilliant photos & plan blew me away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enlightened, 22 April 2014
B. J. Wilkinson (Felsted Essex UK) - See all my reviews
Well written and full of all the right information, looking forward to setting up my first studio, just got to find a decent model and lots of cash for all the gear

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably one of the best books I've purchased, 25 Mar 2014
This is probably one of the best books I've purchased on lighting and techniques and I would highly recommend it for any photographer, within the book he goes into details and diagrams on how the shoot was created and also how he fought about the shoot.

Very open with the settings always listing how we started and how we finished

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice but...., 14 Jan 2014
Book is nice and helpful for beginners and pro.
But.... why use only Canon L series lenses?
And only recommend these one?