5.0 out of 5 stars TP LINK EXTENDER BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!
First to get honesty out the way , although a very regular customer I bought mine from Argos , it was 1 dearer but I had a 10 voucher to use up and have just got a new tablet so wanted to see if I could extend my Wi-Fi now without waiting the few extra days for delivery.

Now I am usually one of those unlucky or jinxed so and so,s so especially around...
Published 8 months ago by Big Andy

3.0 out of 5 stars Sky Users - Caution
I bought this to plug in beside our Sky+ HD box, and connect from the adapter to the box to give us Sky on demand via wifi and the cable from adapter to the Sky Box. The adapter was pretty easy to set up, although it does not give you confirmation from the wizard when it is set up.
However, when I have it pluuged in near the Sky box I get interefernce with the Sky...
Published 15 months ago by georgemac

‹ Previous | 1 2 389 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars worked with the bt homehub5, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: TP-Link TL-WA850RE 300Mbps Universal Wall Plug Range Extender/ Wi-Fi Booster (WPS function, Easy Configuration) (Accessory)
no problems setting up and connected to my homehub 5 without any issues also have the bt wifi extender connected in another room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snazzy Design, Solid Performer, 11 Jun 2014
A. Camilleri - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Bought a couple of these extenders, and had them up and running in no time at all!! I later disconnected one of the units as I noticed that one extender did the business. I had underestimated the range increment the extender offers.

The unit comes in minimalist eco friendly packaging. Once opened you are greeted with the stylish TL-WA850RE extender. Setting up the unit is very intuitive and ...... voila!! Dead spots around the house spring to life.

Pros:
- Extends the range of your Wi-Fi network considerably (I got an additional 10 meters through 2 stone walls)
- Security encryption: WPS via push button. WPA2
- Unit plugs directly to the mains
- No unsightly antennas. It has dual antennas built in
- Stylish yet unobtrusive design means you can plug it in a corridor or any room for that matter
- Measures only 11 x 6.5 x 7.5cm

Cons:
- 2.4Ghz only

I have had the unit mounted for over a year, and it has worked seamlessly ever since.

Tip:
In the unlikely event that the extender seems to hang up, just unplug the unit and wait a few seconds before plugging it back. It happened to me once and this procedure worked.

Given the price, I highly recommend this unit over the more expensive ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars TP-Link TL-WA850RE, 16 Feb 2014
No real problems setting up. Plugged into a socket next to the router, pressed the button on the router, pressed the button on the TP and waited the two minutes stated in the manual for the lights to stop fashing on the unit. The manual is written by somebody who knows the product inside out but does not know how to write manuals. There are things that are so blinding obvious to him that he does not put them in the manual.I was using a Kindle Fire to check the signal coverage - wandering around the house plugging the unit into different rooms and not getting any improvement in signal anywhere. Before going through the returns process I reread some of the reviews and one advised rebooting your portable because it would be locked into the first wifi transmitter it had seen. Switching the wifi off and back on again in each room made all the difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked effortlessly, 12 Feb 2014
I have a relatively new Virgin Home Hub. I plugged the TP Link in near the Virgin Home Hub, I pressed the WPS buttons as directed. It synced up fine. I left it plugged in for a while. I then unplugged the TP Link and ran to plug socket I wanted it plugged into.

Voila

It has worked perfectly and took no time at all to set up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad at all, 30 Dec 2013
Garf "I was born at a very early age. I read... (Essex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I set this up pretty quickly with the WPS button on my Virgin router. The two units spoke nicely and joined forces well within the specified two minutes.

I now suffer with full and uninterrupted WiFi coverage throughout my entire home which is of old school 1950's solid brickwork throughout. If I have had any issues with anything to do with this unit since fitting, it has been to do with individual items dropping signal altogether as I move about the house. NOT the problem of the WiFi extender.

Easy to set up, easy to fit and a doddle to re-position!

Added bonus - you only need one. This is not an item that demands two or more units to be positioned throughout the house to make use of your ring main electrics. It'll securely pick up your current WiFi signal and simply boost it.

For greater coverage over a longer range or where walls are exceptionally thick, you may wish to consider a booster that operates via your home's electrical system, but for an average modern home, this is going to be a good and slightly cheaper alternative for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great extender, 10 Dec 2013
I've set up power line extenders before which have been pretty complex. This item was great and very simple to set-up.
My router didn't have wps so I simply followed the instructions to plug in the tp-link, search for it on my mac and connect to it as if it were a hotspot, then go to the supplied browser web address where I entered the name and password for main router which was copied to the tp, and that was that.
Range nicely extended and so quick to set up that I've bought a second unit for my father.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant just 1 minute to setup, 9 Dec 2013
A. Kinsey (Ivinghoe, Bucks) - See all my reviews
Brilliant device. Just plug in near the router, press the wps button, and it connected. Then move it to another plug socket, where it reconnects automatically and bingo an extended wifi zone. It doesn't get much easier than this and does what it says on the box!

There is another manual setup mode, but I didn't need to try it. The most difficult part was getting out of the box, which slides open rather than via a cardboard flap. Great value at just under 20 quid.

5.0 out of 5 stars great wifi extender, 7 Dec 2013
we have a stone wall house, so wifi is a problem in other rooms.this piece of kit has cured that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job nicely, 3 Dec 2013
Really improved the wi-fi connection strength around the house, can now move around the home without losing any signal strength

4.0 out of 5 stars Sceptical but it worked, 29 Nov 2013
Plugged it in. Pressed buttons. Got flashing lights as per instructions. Unplugged it. Moved two another socket. Plugged in. Waited a few minutes. Went to greenhouse with iPad. Can now stream iplayer radio and couldn't before. Worked for me.

‹ Previous | 1 2 389 | Next ›