5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
Published on 13 Dec. 2012 by Cathy Hudson

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable
Well written, a few gaps in the storyline but I used my imagination to fill in the blanks. I guessed who the bad guys were early on, a bit predictable but nonetheless a good read - I've read far worse. Will read more by this author.
Published 16 months ago by Wendy B

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 Dec. 2012
Cathy Hudson (Waterlooville, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gated (Kindle Edition)
I nabbed this book while it was free on Amazon. I was sold by the synopsis which reminded me of The Association by Bentley Little- one of my favourite writers. However instead of being a rip-off of the book I have previously read, this novel gave another terrifying dimension to the dangers of gated communities. I was drawn into the story very quickly. This writer knows how to tell a story and eases the reader into the scenario, instead of barrelling straight into the action, giving us a chance to get to know the background of each major character and thus, understand their actions and motivation.

I was enthralled with this story and loved this style of writing. I loved the mix of different characters and I actually adored the sound of Eden Falls before the sinister events began. My only criticism of this book is the amount of errors I found. I felt that this sometimes spoilt my enjoyment and made me have to reread certain passages to ascertain what was happening. However in the grand scheme of things, this was a minor irritation and didn't prevent me from reading and thoroughly enjoying this book.

I will look out for more in the same vein from this writer in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heaven on Earth, but Twice as Nice., 17 Oct. 2014
Mrs. Caroline Lee (Conisbrough, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gated (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this story, the premise was good, I liked the characters and it was well paced. The ending was satisfactory and I liked the usage of some mocked up newspaper front covers etc.

I would have given this 5 Stars but there were a few issues with grammar and a few sentences where it appeared that the author decided to change how they said something, but hadn't quite deleted the original attempt and I think this annoyed me more than usual, because it was such a good story that I wanted it to be more perfect.

I downloaded this on 15th December 2013 and noticed someone else mentioned that there were more than one edition of this story, so perhaps the odd errors I saw were corrected in future editions.

I'll definitely check out the book that followed this.

5.0 out of 5 stars absorbing and enjoyable read., 6 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Gated (Kindle Edition)
When an email showing the splendours of Eden Falls arrives in his inbox Michel thinks that a big change might help him and Emily get over the death of their child.Moving from the U.K to the U.S is a big step to take but Eden Falls gives them new hope for the future with a constant sunny sky and no crime it is surely Heaven on Earth,or is it?
This story reminded me of a made for tv film that was on recently with an author and his wife moving to a gated community.I was't sure I would even bother to finish it but in no time I was drawn in so deep and completely absorbed in it that I just couldn't put it down.The characters are believable and interesting and I liked that we were given a history of how the town came to be.
I give it 5* because I couldn't justify any less due to the enjoyment this book gave me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gated, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Gated (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant book, have read others from this author, all good reads. Definitely recommend . Would have been 5 stars but the ending was drawn out

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Gated (Kindle Edition)
These books were a good read, I really enjoyed them and would recommend to family and friends and anyone who likes horror

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Gated (Kindle Edition)
Great characters, did not see the twists coming. If it seems to good to be true then it is. Wake up

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Gated (Kindle Edition)
What a good book, could not put it down, fantastic read, first book I have ever read with this author and I be reading more of his,

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and absorbing, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Gated (Kindle Edition)
This was my first book from Matt Drabble and I found that the story was very interesting. A couple begin a new life in the town of Eden where everything is perfect, but of course things are never what they seem to be. I will not spoil the fun by disclosing more but there are many twists and turns to satisfy, as the author has a fertile imagination. Easy to read, this is a book that does hold your interest throughout, as the story unravels towards the climax. I will definitely be reading more books from this author as I liked his style and stoyline.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 17 Feb. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Bookworm, 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Gated (Kindle Edition)
It was quite a good book once I got into it. There were more than a few printing errors which did at times annoy. That said it is worth reading.

Gated