5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet for the price!
Published 17 months ago by Fell

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless tablet!!!
Published 4 months ago by NB

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet for the price!, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Toshiba AT300SE-101 10.1 inch Tablet (NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.3GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB SSD, Bluetooth, Android 4.1) (Personal Computers)
Spent a long time debating over what tablet to get. Thought about the nexus 7, but wanted a larger screen and saw this. For the price I have not been disappointed! Use it for everything now, from watching video like Netflix, to browsing the web. It seems very fast, especially with the nvidia tegra, gaming is great, even the battery seems to last longer then other tablets I have had. If there was one downside I'd say the camera isn't that good, but to be honest I never really use a tablet this size to take pictures with.

For those that are wondering this tablet is a cheaper version of the at300, which has plenty of good reviews. The differences seem to be a plastic back instead of metal, lower resolution camera, no hdmi out and no dock connector. If you can live without these then get this (at300se) as it is at least 100 cheaper than the at300 if you search around. You'd be hard pushed to find many other 10inch tablets with these specs at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 13 Jun 2013
R. Field (UK) - See all my reviews
My ICT technician recommended this tablet to me. (I didn't even know I wanted or needed one!).
As always, I researched it ad nauseum and was a little worried by some reviewers' comments about tight and poorly designed usb ports. However, I took the plunge and ordered one 2 minutes before the order deadline. As always, Amazon delivered and the tablet arrived next morning.

One of my better decisions.

I am delighted with my purchase. This is my first tablet and I am impressed with its speed and ease of use. I already use an android phone and much is similar. The usb port is absolutely fine thus far. I have not experienced the problems reported by some.

For the money, this is a little gem. Great screen; adequate speakers for the price; fast and a doddle to use. I would advise investing in a decent cover for peace of mind and as an aid to comfortable use.

5.0 out of 5 stars top grade, 3 Mar 2013
as a pensioner this tablet was daunting when Irecieved it I know basic pc but after trying this and the on line app instructions
it became a mcachine of some power easily a match for far more expensive machines I love music and use it for music so easy when you get used to it screen excellent very quick after I bought it the price went down here makeing it more value for money
doI GET rebate recommend this tablet to anyone young and old and enjoy the experience of a top tablet

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless tablet!!!, 20 Mar 2014
Bought this from Staples on 17/9/2013!!! At first it was a good tablet but after 6 months it died!!! On 16/3/2014, it started freezing and then the next day the problem persisted so I did a factory reset only to find that this solved nothing, it was still freezing!!! Eventually it froze and died completely!!! Staples won't let me send it for repairs because I lost the receipt and Toshiba (according to one reviewer) has useless customer service!!!

Update: the tablet sort of started working but it is still unstable so I've ditched Android and gone for a Microsoft Surface.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet for great value!, 31 Oct 2013
I'm very satisfied with the tablet so far. It's very cheap compared to others in the category, but it doesn't miss much. The camera is not the best, but still usable (and it doesn't matter much to me anyway). The tablet is fairly fast and smooth, the screen nice and bright, the speakers are decent. The only bad part is that the screen becomes full of fingerprint in less than a day! But this might be just me, I'm not sure...

I would totally advise this if you need a basic tablet that does everything you need perfectly, and on top of that it's cheap.

1.0 out of 5 stars BE AWARE . NEVER BUY TOSHIBA. SCAM REPAIR TEAM. POOR QUALITY PRODUCT, 27 Oct 2013
C. Gore - See all my reviews
BE AWARE , NEVER BUY TOSHIBA. I SHOULD VE LISTEN TO MY FRIENDS..
BROKEN MICRO USB PORT SOCKET AFTER ONLY FEW MONTHS!!! WHAT TOSHIBA SAID?.. THAT THERE IS A DAMAGED AND THEY WONT FIX IT UNLESS I PAY 290 .( 220 new)..80 to have it back broken... or free disposal.. ???? THEY ARE CHARGING ME MONEY FOR MY TABLET TO HAVE IT BACK? WHAT KIND OF SCAM IS THIS...OR FREE DISPOSAL?? SO THEY CAN CHANGE THE CASE AND SELL IT AGAIN?
AND THE BEST PART....THEY VE SEND ME A BLURRY PICTURE WITH A DISMANTLED TABLET WITH A DAMAGED MICRO USB PORT BUT BEFORE SENDING IT TO THEM I VE LOOKED AT IT AND THERE WAS NO SIGN OF DAMAGE SO THEY ARE LYING..PROBABLY THEY VE SEND THE SAME PICTURE TO ALL OF THEM DAMAGED PRODUCTS JUST BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT TO FIX THEM ...THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICES IS S***..LADY ON THE PHONE SAID THE WARRANTY COVERS THE HARDDWARE ONLY..BUT ISNT THE MICRO USB HARDWARE??..THEY LIED FROM THE BEGINING,,THEY SEND ME A MAIL SAYING THAT THEY VE TRIED TO CALL ME WHICH WASNT TRUE , I HAD THE PHONE WITH ME ALL DAY( THATS TO TELL ME THE RESULT OF THE INSPECTION FROM THEIR ''HIGHLY SKILLED TEHNICIANS'')
NEVER EVER BUY TOSHIBA.
ILL EXPOSED THEM IN THE END
CONTACT ME IF THEY SEND YOU A BLURRY PICTURE with the ''damage'' ASWELL SO WE CAN EXPOSE THEM

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Hardware, 16 Dec 2013
As a tablet the Toshiba AT300SE is fine, But the USB charging socket has failed after just 1 month. This is the first time I have had a USB charging socket fail on any device. Reading other reviews, this is a common problem on the Toshiba AT300SE. Think very carefully when considering purchasing this tablet!

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling build quality + terrible customer service AVOID!, 15 Oct 2013
Bought tablet from Argos for 200 in June. Worked fine until September when it stopped charging. sent it off to Germany under warranty for repairs. today i find out the warranty doesn't cover it and the cost of fixing it is 270 because it was "user damage". The same happened to my friend's Toshiba laptop last year. Avoid this tablet there are better alternatives from Samsung, Sony and other manufacturers.

4.0 out of 5 stars 10.1 Tablet, 7 Mar 2013
Does almost all that we wanted, but it would be rated as a 5 star if it had JellyBean 4.2. Having the ability to have multiple users would have given us the abilty to give up on the aging laptop all together.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor design appalling customer service, 26 May 2013
The product is badly designed the charging port is easily damaged and TOSHIBA will not support you, the replacement cost of a new charging port including motherboard is more than the cost of a new tablet. I would not recommend this product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›