5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet for the price!
Published 14 months ago by Fell

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Hardware
As a tablet the Toshiba AT300SE is fine, But the USB charging socket has failed after just 1 month. This is the first time I have had a USB charging socket fail on any device. Reading other reviews, this is a common problem on the Toshiba AT300SE. Think very carefully when considering purchasing this tablet!
Published 4 months ago by Tracey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet for the price!, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Toshiba AT300SE-101 10.1 inch Tablet (NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.3GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB SSD, Bluetooth, Android 4.1) (Personal Computers)
Spent a long time debating over what tablet to get. Thought about the nexus 7, but wanted a larger screen and saw this. For the price I have not been disappointed! Use it for everything now, from watching video like Netflix, to browsing the web. It seems very fast, especially with the nvidia tegra, gaming is great, even the battery seems to last longer then other tablets I have had. If there was one downside I'd say the camera isn't that good, but to be honest I never really use a tablet this size to take pictures with.

For those that are wondering this tablet is a cheaper version of the at300, which has plenty of good reviews. The differences seem to be a plastic back instead of metal, lower resolution camera, no hdmi out and no dock connector. If you can live without these then get this (at300se) as it is at least 100 cheaper than the at300 if you search around. You'd be hard pushed to find many other 10inch tablets with these specs at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 13 Jun 2013
R. Field (UK) - See all my reviews
My ICT technician recommended this tablet to me. (I didn't even know I wanted or needed one!).
As always, I researched it ad nauseum and was a little worried by some reviewers' comments about tight and poorly designed usb ports. However, I took the plunge and ordered one 2 minutes before the order deadline. As always, Amazon delivered and the tablet arrived next morning.

One of my better decisions.

I am delighted with my purchase. This is my first tablet and I am impressed with its speed and ease of use. I already use an android phone and much is similar. The usb port is absolutely fine thus far. I have not experienced the problems reported by some.

For the money, this is a little gem. Great screen; adequate speakers for the price; fast and a doddle to use. I would advise investing in a decent cover for peace of mind and as an aid to comfortable use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Hardware, 16 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars top grade, 3 Mar 2013
as a pensioner this tablet was daunting when Irecieved it I know basic pc but after trying this and the on line app instructions
it became a mcachine of some power easily a match for far more expensive machines I love music and use it for music so easy when you get used to it screen excellent very quick after I bought it the price went down here makeing it more value for money
doI GET rebate recommend this tablet to anyone young and old and enjoy the experience of a top tablet

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling build quality + terrible customer service AVOID!, 15 Oct 2013
Bought tablet from Argos for 200 in June. Worked fine until September when it stopped charging. sent it off to Germany under warranty for repairs. today i find out the warranty doesn't cover it and the cost of fixing it is 270 because it was "user damage". The same happened to my friend's Toshiba laptop last year. Avoid this tablet there are better alternatives from Samsung, Sony and other manufacturers.

1.0 out of 5 stars BE AWARE . NEVER BUY TOSHIBA. SCAM REPAIR TEAM. POOR QUALITY PRODUCT, 27 Oct 2013
C. Gore - See all my reviews
BE AWARE , NEVER BUY TOSHIBA. I SHOULD VE LISTEN TO MY FRIENDS..
BROKEN MICRO USB PORT SOCKET AFTER ONLY FEW MONTHS!!! WHAT TOSHIBA SAID?.. THAT THERE IS A DAMAGED AND THEY WONT FIX IT UNLESS I PAY 290 .( 220 new)..80 to have it back broken... or free disposal.. ???? THEY ARE CHARGING ME MONEY FOR MY TABLET TO HAVE IT BACK? WHAT KIND OF SCAM IS THIS...OR FREE DISPOSAL?? SO THEY CAN CHANGE THE CASE AND SELL IT AGAIN?
AND THE BEST PART....THEY VE SEND ME A BLURRY PICTURE WITH A DISMANTLED TABLET WITH A DAMAGED MICRO USB PORT BUT BEFORE SENDING IT TO THEM I VE LOOKED AT IT AND THERE WAS NO SIGN OF DAMAGE SO THEY ARE LYING..PROBABLY THEY VE SEND THE SAME PICTURE TO ALL OF THEM DAMAGED PRODUCTS JUST BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT TO FIX THEM ...THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICES IS S***..LADY ON THE PHONE SAID THE WARRANTY COVERS THE HARDDWARE ONLY..BUT ISNT THE MICRO USB HARDWARE??..THEY LIED FROM THE BEGINING,,THEY SEND ME A MAIL SAYING THAT THEY VE TRIED TO CALL ME WHICH WASNT TRUE , I HAD THE PHONE WITH ME ALL DAY( THATS TO TELL ME THE RESULT OF THE INSPECTION FROM THEIR ''HIGHLY SKILLED TEHNICIANS'')
NEVER EVER BUY TOSHIBA.
ILL EXPOSED THEM IN THE END
CONTACT ME IF THEY SEND YOU A BLURRY PICTURE with the ''damage'' ASWELL SO WE CAN EXPOSE THEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, responsive, brilliant display, excellent tablet, 24 July 2013
I've had mine for 8 months now and I don't know how I'd ever cope without it. I extended my memory with a 32GB class 10 SD card which I crammed with HD video in avi and Mkv formats. No shrinking or converting required everything plays seamlessly even blueray quality HD with subtitles on. The display is better than my HD Tv. (I use vlc player as it has more options but the stock player is just as good). Typically I can watch blueray quality videos from 6pm until between 11 and midnight before I need too plug in the charger. (which beats my friends galaxy tab 2) I have utilised the HDMI out and streamed my films onto my friends and families TV, the results were perfect blueray quality. The touch screen is responsive, typing easy to do. The internet is just as responsive via wi-fi as my laptop and the is tablet more convenient too use. I've sync'd my GPS with google and searches now yields local shops, restraunts and take-aways. The google maps helps planning a journey. I downloaded the printer app and can print wirelessly with the printer from the tablet. Toshiba have a useful updates app which makes updating drivers, apps, functions and even the operating system easy and full proof. (I recently upgraded from jellibean 4.1 to 4.2 operating system.) I have downloaded the kindle app and read books at night in bed, the back light screen being perfect for this. I also downloaded a comic reader as the tablet is the perfect size to display comics and I have the complete deadpool and batman collection. Being a quad core this can play any game in the play store and I have some demanding HD first person shooter and fantasy games which only run on quad cores. They play perfectly and the graphics display is awesome. The android mail app thats preloaded is sooooooo useful. I have multiple emails with hotmail, yahoo, gmail and btinternet, I added them all to this one app now one click displays all my e-mails in one convenient place. The calander and diary functions are useful as is the weather app. The reviews say the sound can be tinny when listening to bass heavy loud music via the speakers, but this is normal for a tablet, and to be fair I've rarely noticed especially if watching a video. Persoanlly I even found music play back via the built in speakers to be acceptable, but purists would probably complain about the bass etc. However add headphones and the quality is as good as the headphones you use (ie poor quality headphones yield poor quality sound but a good pair of headphones yeilds flawless sound). The front facing camera is perfect for skype calls. The rear facing one becomes grainy if your target moves, ok at rest but you wouldn't use it too replace your digital camera. The video recording is okay youtube quality but I've not tested that fully. As with all tablets the screen suffers under direct sunlight, but alter the display settings and its still usable. It has wide viewing angles so its easy for a host of people to sit round the tablet and watch the latest funny youtube video. It multi-tasks quite well. There are every conceivable office app in the play store so you can use this for memos' accounts, etc etc etc. It is extremely versatile and usable.

Overall its quick responsive great display and does everything you could ask from a tablet seamlessly. I haven't a single complaint and consider this too be the best buy I've made in a long time.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor design appalling customer service, 26 May 2013
The product is badly designed the charging port is easily damaged and TOSHIBA will not support you, the replacement cost of a new charging port including motherboard is more than the cost of a new tablet. I would not recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless usb port failed after two months tablet now in dustbin, 10 Mar 2014
I had an old Toshiba Tablet with a jack plug charger and a USB port for data transfer that was very robust and is still going today. Based on the quality of this older, but rather bulky tablet, I decided to have this newer version. Very pleased with its appearance and performance, but like other users here the USB plug, which doubles as a charging point, failed after two months light use. Toshiba service helpful on the phone and sent email with instructions for collection. Also on the email are the costs, a minimum of 80.13 to cover it being looked at by the engineers plus repair costs if they decided it wasn't a manufacture defect. Having read other reviews on this site I decided not to send it to Toshiba as I could see the cost spiralling out of proportion. The man at Toshiba asked me if I'd inspected the USB port for damage, so I'd guessed they must have had several complaints regarding this problem Alarm bells rang and I guessed this is going to cost me a lot, so decided to write it off. Its now in the dustbin.
My daughter has a Samsung Galaxy S3 7" tablet which has had no issues at all. On hindsight I should have paid a bit more for the Samsung 10" tablet.
Out of all the electrical items in the household, numerous cameras, tablets, phones etc.. with USB connections, this is the only device that has failed. In my opinion the fault is with Toshiba and their USB supplier.
I wouldn't by Toshiba based on the quality of their older products and certainly wouldn't recommend the AT300SE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet for great value!, 31 Oct 2013
I'm very satisfied with the tablet so far. It's very cheap compared to others in the category, but it doesn't miss much. The camera is not the best, but still usable (and it doesn't matter much to me anyway). The tablet is fairly fast and smooth, the screen nice and bright, the speakers are decent. The only bad part is that the screen becomes full of fingerprint in less than a day! But this might be just me, I'm not sure...

I would totally advise this if you need a basic tablet that does everything you need perfectly, and on top of that it's cheap.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›