5.0 out of 5 stars Great and Simple to Put Together
Published on 30 May 2011 by C. M. Cotton

Love the goal, fast to put up and pack and seems really sturdy, just poor service from the supplier that caused me grief.

Ordered two, got a box for two and a delivery note for two.... but only one inside!

Rang the manufacturer, who said they would post another (as the weight of the shipment confirmed my short shipment).

Nothing arrived,...
Published 7 months ago by Warren

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and Simple to Put Together, 30 May 2011
C. M. Cotton "Chris Cotton" (Europe and USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What can I say about this product that has not already been said by other reviewers? Not a lot. This is a solid product that if looked after will last a great deal of time. It is easy to assemble and easy to take down. It fits into a supplied bag and is small enough to go in the boot or on the back seat of the car. I cannot recommend this item enough. Simple to assemble and well made.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the best goals I've had in the garden!, 23 Oct 2013
I have tried more goals in the garden than I care to mention. My friend's son had used the 6 x 4 version of this goal and said how good it was and how easy it was to pack up and put away, and put back up again.

I got 2 8 x 5 ft goals for each end of the garden as I didn't want to push our lovely neighbours' goodwill any further.

These goals are fabulous. Aswell as the ease of putting up and putting away (not one 'bad' word was uttered from my hubby's mouth) the nets are really strong and withstand the pummelling they get from my boy's very strong left foot.

The metal hoops provided to keep the goals on the ground are really long and haven't come out once and the goals have not budged since we put them in.

Although a little bit pricier than some goals, I wish I had bought these straight away and not wasted other £20/£30 on each of the other goals that haven't lasted 10 minutes.

Can't recommend them highly enough and they were received within 2 days of the order.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the goal, fast to put up and pack and seems really sturdy, just poor service from the supplier that caused me grief, 24 May 2014

Nothing arrived, chased again and did get another goal (but a different colour than ordered, although not the end of the world).

Remember though that I ordered from "The Tan Bar" so probably better off ordering direct if you can?

As I said perfect for practice matches and taking away as really fast and easy to put up and dismantle.

Had to report to the tan bar that the upright was starting to fail. Got a reply saying they were on a well earned holiday for 2weeks.... Great service again. :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Football Goal, 16 April 2011
My Son wanted a Football goal! My wife wanted my son (Jakes 10) out of the garden (A GOAL IS NOT A GOOD GARDEN ORNAMENT APPARENTLY!) and anyway she wants him down the park with his mates. Personally I wanted to have a kick about with my son when I wanted but wanted him to be able to put it up (AND PUT IT AWAY!!!!)himself so he could feel a little more independent. I'm not there all the time and anyway sometimes I can't be bothered. Tried other football goals for Jake (who is MAD on footie) but they just sat in the garden ALL THE TIME. In the past I have bought a PVC goal (which is still in the Garage as tooooo difficult to put up and it's too bulky anyway). I then tried a metal one (which bent and rusted in one winter so I binned it as Jake didn't want to use it anymore). I came across the Kickster Pro 2000 Ultra Portable Football Goal - 2m at my sons football practice and eventually bought one a couple of years ago (and what a buy it was!), it's been everywhere with us. I leave it in the car just in case he wants a kick about when we go out for a walk or when we go to The Beach or the Caravan. It's surprising how simple The Kickster idea is and how light and easy it is to put up and put away (sorry but its a family joke that even my wife can put it up in 2 minutes and she hates football!). Jake uses it far more than if it was sat in one place. I'd say it's been used at least once every week during the winter but it's used all the time when the weathers right. Anyway I have bought the new and improved version of the Kickster Pro 2000 Ultra Portable Football Goal - 2m. The Kickster Academy 6 Ultra Portable Football Goal, Yellow - 6 x 4 ft so Jake and his Mates can have a PITCH (I know its crazy. When I was younger me and my mates looked for trees for goal posts, or, we took our jumpers off?? I would have loved one of these and I think that's why I am writing this review because it gets the Kids running around, getting them fit and enjoying themselves away from the computer screen. I know I want that for mine so it ticks all the boxes as far as I'm concerned). I am suprised how good the Kickster Academy 6 Ultra Portable Football Goal, Yellow - 6 x 4 ft is (if you dont believe me how good the Kicksters are have a look at the reviews of the kickster 2000's) It's as easy to put up as the original but Jake thinks its even better in the new cool Yellow and the new bag makes it that little bit easier to put away. Anyway I'd say its the perfect buy for Summer! Thinking of buying a Kickster Academy 8x5 for my side of the pitch? I'm a lot bigger than him I can kick the ball harder as well but that's not a problem for them either!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely delighted, 24 Oct 2011
I bought this for my 8 year old son and I can't rate it highly enough, it was very easy to assemble and was in use in minutes! It looks great and takes all that my boy has to kick at it!Excellent quality and well worth spending the extra money as it doesn't disappoint.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but be aware, 29 July 2013
This is the 2nd goal we have bought, the first time we got the smaller version. Sometimes the goal got used on concrete which eventually led to the plastic supports wearing out which ultimatley caused the goal to break and made it unusable. I was though, very impressed with the concept and got the next size up as a replacement, this time I used some duck tape to add an extra few layers to the plastic supports which seems to have done the trick. Our goal is up all the time so I have also left the plastic wrapping on over the joins on the back to stop it from rusting so it is easier to take down should we need.

Overall I would recommend the goal, much better than the plastic or metal alternatives which seem to break very easily. Very light and easy to move around, my son and his friends oftern just pick it up and walk it down to the local park for a kick about.

3.0 out of 5 stars quick flimsy goal, 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: Kickster Academy Ultra Portable Football Goal (Sports)
This goal is great if they assemble and are reasonably straight first time, I have had 5 sets.

Be very careful in assembling the goal as the tubes are a tight fit and the paint will chip off. Under no circumstances try to straighten any bent tubes in particular the bottom bar. I tried to and the tubes fractured and I had to return for replacement which was handled very quickly.

Allow at least 7 minutes for assembly and 5 mins to get back in the bag.

Once up they are great goals and will withstand powerful shots but assembling and dismantling on a regular basis wil take its toll on the thin walled tubes.

I would not leave outdoors for a sustained period as the slide in joints will not be protected and will rust.

My tip: build it and store it somewhere dry then its top drawer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kickster 6 x 4, 17 Jun 2011
I was hugely impressed with this product. It arrived within a few days of my order, quicker
in fact than the suggested delivery date on the website. It comes in its own sturdy carry case with
shoulder strap similar in size to that for a compact two man tent. Weighing just under 4 kilos it was easy to carry
over your shoulder to the local park and set up. This took no more that 10 minutes on
the very first ocassion with just a few glances at the instructions, and no more than a few minutes
each time after that; and about the same to pack up. On opening the carry case there are just the poles
which make up the frame and are pre-attached with elastic, the netting with some velcro straps and
some ground hoops to secure it all down. Once assembled the end result is a genuinely
professional looking piece of kit. The metal poles which make up the base are surprising light yet
sturdy and the side poles are under tension to create the goal frame. The product is geared at the 5+ age range
and this seemed just right to me.Assembly is required by an adult but then the kids can be left to enjoy the football without any worry.
Once put away the carry case is small enough to leave in the back of the car or garage without taking up too
much space. Overall I would definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy., 29 July 2013
Had purchased a few goals in the pass and all fell apart after a few months however, this one seems to stand up to the goal shooting kids in my clan. Very easy to assemble/disassemble, took no more than 5 minutes, comes with a case so you can transport from the garden to the park if needed. Well worth the money and would recommend to anyone to buy for the little ones up to about 10 year olds.

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased as a practice goal for the garden., 1 Jun 2012
Having read the reviews previously posted and watched the video clip I decided to purchase this for my son aged 11. His previous goal the click together tube type which he had had in the garden for a couple of years before it finally gave up the ghost. The goal arrived very quickly well in time for his birthday. It took several minutes to put up the first time but now does only take the 2 minutes advertised. My son loves the goal especially as he can take put it up in the garden, take it away on holiday or down the park due to its compact packaging. It seems pretty sturdy having tried it out in the garden. The only downside hence 4 stars is that the velcro straps that hold the net tight to the frame sometimes come undone allowing the ball to pass under the net. Apart from that its a great goal for the size of our garden at a great price.