Platform: PC|Edition: Standard Edition|Change

on 6 August 2013
Got this for a Toshiba laptop, works amaizingly. Everyone says that it crashes between 10mins to 1 hour, but so far I have played on it for ages and has not crashed once. Installing it was a bit of a hassle, you do need internet if you are going to install it on Origin. If you are stuck between getting the xbox version or this one, I would say go for this one, I have played both and this one is 10 times better, get this, you will not be dissapointed.
on 7 June 2015
Very good game, fun to play. I'd like to note that you only insert the disc once, because you have to download it via Origin. It takes a while to figure it out but you'll get there eventually! Compatible with Windows 8 and 8.1 :)
on 13 October 2013
Good graphics and works well on windows 8. Shame you have to get expansion packs to fully access all areas of the game
on 17 April 2014
It is a visually stunning upgrade to the past sims games, the open world takes away large open screens between each location (though honestly in such large worlds by the time it takes to travel I just have everything I need in the the Sims house), it's got a lot of options to customize sims and houses but honestly you need a pretty good computer to run these (and especially if you have expansion packs for it or more than one sim/large lots) games, mine runs fine when I start off on a small lot with one sim but soon as I build a second floor or get them to start a family it's randomly freezing for 10 or 15 seconds, which seems small but eventually adds up when it keeps happening all the time.

The long times is to be expected given the customization that's available and giant open world with high detail but realistically the majority of people don't have a super computer to handle it.
on 23 January 2014
my daughter loves playing this game and it keeps her entertained for hours. She loves creating families and running the houses as she wants to
on 5 August 2013
Arrived and I installed it promptly on my windows 7 installing the supernatural expansion right after, it's been fun can't complain really.

WARNING: If you game won't connect to origin check origin status as it might be offline, so don't go uninstalling things if this happens, but this has only happened to me one day since installing sims.

I have since then gotten some expansion packs such as SIMS3 SUPERNATURAL, SIMS 3 LATE NIGHT, SIMS 3 PETS.

Arrived quickly.

PS some glitches noticed in my expansion pack SIMS 3 PETS animals sometimes got stuck like the horse got stuck in the house and dog got stuck in the uneven floor, this was sorted by looking it up online and using cheats to fix problem.

Bad point, the using of households is more tricky, you have one main household and switching household and so forth might need getting used to.

Sims might age, if you don't want this stop it in settings.
on 4 April 2014
I ordered this on a Monday afternoon, was told to expect delivery on the Friday. However it arrived on the Wednesday which was great. Installed with no problems on my laptop (Windows 7), and as a fan of the previous Sims games I knew I would love this one, too. The game play is great, especially being able to go from your house straight to someone else's house or to another location.

However on my second evening playing the game, my screen all of a sudden went blank and then the game closed completely, taking me back to my Windows desktop screen. When I went back in to the game, all the gameplay I ahd done that evening (around 2 hours) had been lost. This is probably partly my own fault for not saving my game regularly, however I did not expect it to throw me out of the game without warning! I am not sure if it was a glitch of the game or perhaps my laptop overheated? Either way I will have to remember to save regularly in the future, and would recommend others doing the same!

Overall it's a great game, so addictive, and currently at the bargain price of £11.99 (as the new Sim 4 is released later this year).
on 12 February 2014
Great game, came really quickly! Really fun to play...... A bit addictive!! Way better than sims 2, as sims 2 used to crash loads! this as never crashed!!!
on 29 November 2013
Make sure you don't lose the manual as the product key is recorded on it. My 12 year old is enjoying playing this game with the Pets expansion pack.
on 21 July 2013
Kids - really not seen them since this came into the house. Should have really bought it in the winter as too nice for them to be inside at the mo.