4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read
Published 17 months ago by Kencat

2.0 out of 5 stars Swing and a miss!
Published 6 months ago by Richard Wilson

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 30 Oct. 2013
This review is from: It's Been Emotional (Hardcover)
I enjoyed this book and can heartily recommend it to football fans but also to film buffs. It is a honest and forthright account of a person's life who, by his own admission, did not always abide by the rules but that makes the book all the more interesting and parts of it may well make you cringe, especially the admissions about the violence that he got himself involved in (and I don't mean the Mean Machine!)
As I'm far more of a football fan than a film buff I obviously enjoyed the first part of the book far more and I can imagine that it may well provide an inspiration to budding young footballers that there is another route to become a professional footballer other than the academy system.
The best way for me to judge an autobiography is, do I think better of the person after I have read it? and that is certainly the case here. I did not have a great opinion of him beforehand but I do now.

2.0 out of 5 stars Swing and a miss!, 27 Sept. 2014
This review is from: It's Been Emotional (Kindle Edition)
Vinnie Jones is a marmite character, who has always intrigued me, and I was looking forward to reading this book, to find out, direct from the horses mouth, the truth behind the stories and his actions. As a reader of many sports autobiographies I have to say this does not come up to even the average standard, and I was left feeling underwhelmed, and knowing little more about the man.

The book does not flow, is not very well written (nor proof read) and is a constant stream of name dropping, with little anecdotes attached to them. It is very repetitive - we get the idea your mates would be amazed if they could see you now, and that you know Brad and Angelina!

I would struggle to recommend this book - if you didn't like Mr Jones this would possibly validate your views, if you did like him I doubt it would endear him to you further, and if you didn't know much about him, after reading this you still wont.

Disappointing, lacking substance, FAR too many needless name drops and, on the whole, one to forget!

2.0 out of 5 stars Name dropper!!!, 19 Mar. 2014
This review is from: It's Been Emotional (Kindle Edition)
Although this wasn't a bad read, Vinnie did a lot of name dropping! I suppose only naturally, plunged into the depths of fame after veery humble beginnings. It isn't a book I would read twice, but you can't help liking the guy.

4.0 out of 5 stars From the Bad Boy of football to the Hardman of Hollywood, 22 Nov. 2013
This review is from: It's Been Emotional (Hardcover)
I did enjoy this autobiography. Vinnie states in the prefix of the book that he wrote this after being in therapy for a couple of year to control his "Dog", and he makes no secret of the fact he is writing this book out of discoveries he made during therapy, hence the title of the book. Vinnie looks back through his life with the wisdom of experience.

The great thing about this book is Vinnie manages to get me as a reader on his side without sounding childish or bitter. He put his hands up and owns up to his mistakes, says looking back I would have done this differently, but at the time this is what I was feeling. He talks about the friendship and relationships, but he does not dwell on them. If you are a friend or family member you are 100%, not need to say any more.

If you are not a football fan you will (like me), and live in the UK you still probably heard of Vinnie in some sort of trouble on and off the pitch. This is one of the things he wanted to clean up in this book. He played hard, fast, aggressive and successful; however no matter his on pitch performances, his reviews were always negative. After reading this book I have done back and YouTubed some of his matches and Vinnie's commentary of the matches is spot on in my opinion. He went for or defended the ball aggressively and shot for the goal every chance he got. More often than not it went in. In my opinion that is the way the game is supposed to be played. If more players played that way I would watch football more; instead of having players flying and diving for free kick every time some on touched them. Not being able to break this negativity that the press had of him is what ultimately had him trying out for films. Where he was getting good to rave reviews from the start. Also it is worth remembering Vinnie was playing football before footballers were making the super-exuberant money they are today.

Vinnie has a no nonsense style in his writing and in life. If you say something about he be prepared to be called on it, if you meet him. I respect for for it. Vinnie makes no secret as he has little acting experience he played the hard man roles he was given as he would naturally and there is nothing wrong with giving people what they want as he was told.

I really good enjoyable book. The only reason I could not give this book 5 stars is because some of the passages are a bit disjointed he starts talking about something then mentions something else and come back to the point he was making. A true strength of this book is if you do not agree or are a fan of Vinnie Jones, by the end of the book you will respect him as a person for what he has been through and achieved.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 27 Oct. 2013
This review is from: It's Been Emotional (Kindle Edition)
I could not put this book down. I have always been an admirer of Vinnie Jones and this book did not disappoint.

4.0 out of 5 stars vinnie jones, 19 May 2014
This review is from: It's Been Emotional (Kindle Edition)
a good read, it was recommended by a friend, lived up to his description, Vinnie looks as though he has a pretty good life, when he is not angry. .

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: It's Been Emotional (Kindle Edition)
Great book and well the price and I really enjoyed it,love autobiographies of any kind of sportsmen or women. First las read

4.0 out of 5 stars Vinny Jones Biography, 23 Feb. 2014
L. B. Parfitt (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: It's Been Emotional (Kindle Edition)
A good book and a fascinating story of Vinny's life and the challenges he faced. I don't normally read books about footballers but this one was pretty good.

5.0 out of 5 stars She'd another light on Vinnie, 23 Feb. 2014
This review is from: It's Been Emotional (Kindle Edition)
It may be written at a basic level. But it gives you another side to VJ. Enjoyable and read within 3 days, couldn't put it down for too long. Vinnie, it's been emotional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Jan. 2014
This review is from: It's Been Emotional (Kindle Edition)
Really well written and loved it as i didnt know anything about Vinnie apart from what the media want us to see. Was extremely interesting to get 'his side of the story' on all those headlines.

It's Been Emotional