4.0 out of 5 stars Holiday reading., 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Squire Throwleigh's Heir (Knights Templar) (Kindle Edition)
Read it on holiday -kindle version. I like Michael Jecks, I live on/near Dartmoor so I can relate to the places he writes about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still guessing till the end, 22 Sep 2013
As ever with Sir Baldwin and Simon, another excellent mystery. This one throws up many red herrings as you journey through. The death of the squire, a brother in need of money, a priest, servants who have agenda,s out on the moors, put together with the death of the new squire, who is only 5 years old, Sir Baldwin and Simon are plunged into a mystery that is as frustrating as any that have gone before. We also have them accompanied by their wives, who seem totally capable of throwing a new perspective to whatever clue they find puzzling.
Sir Baldwin and Simon Puttock are brilliant, what one misses the other doesn,t, and they do not miss much.
This is another excellent example of historical reading. The series is unmissable, as far as I am concerned, and once again I have the next two already lined up to read.
I was still no closer to guessing the murderer, as the story grew to a close. I have to say, the outcome was not one I would have got in a million years, when you read it, you will see what I mean.
Another book I was loathe to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant story, 20 Sep 2013
Happy to recommend to anyone who enjoys historical who dunnits. Well written and have now acquired all the kindle books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done Michael., 10 Aug 2013
Another great Baldwin & Simon tales- medieval mystery at its best, a good story with a sense of what life was like during this period in history.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 7 Mar 2014
Dodster (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have been a fan of Susanna Gregory for a long time. Whilst waiting for her latest book I decided to read Michael Jecks. I have to say I am not regretting my decision. His writing improves from book to book. This is the seventh novel and is an excellent piece of very involved writing. The story cleverly draws you towards one character as the murder and as the evidence becomes clearer, the suspicion falls elsewhere. The true culprit, as you would expect, is not revealed until the end, and then there is a wonderful final twist. Superb writing. Highly recommended.
Squire Throwleigh's Heir (Knights Templar)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 20 Jan 2014
Mr. W. J. Pritchard (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Good read. Michael Jecks is a very good entertaining story teller and I always enjoy reading his books. I know I'm going to be relaxed where I purchase one of his stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars If I Lost My Hard Copies, 11 Jan 2014
Bookaholic "prussblue" (St. Louis area, MO USA) - See all my reviews
I have the entire series and more by Micheal Jecks (a few Kindle items, but this series in hardcover and paperback). Were they somehow lost to me, I would gladly get the Kindle versions to replace them. Yet, I still love my EMP impervious 'paper.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Jecks Books, 8 April 2013
This book was excellent and I always wanted to read this either as one of my books or my kindle.