4.0 out of 5 stars great book!!, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Alligator Blood: The Spectacular Rise and Fall of the High-rolling Whiz-kid who Controlled Online Poker's Billions (Kindle Edition)
Great read, well written generally a bit noting with some of the present say aspects incorporated in the book, but generally good

4.0 out of 5 stars Vegas baby, 12 Jun 2014
Really interesting story .
Im not a fan of cards but this book made it interesting and told you how they did it and how they made the huge amounts of money they made.
Really worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reads like a Hollywood thriller, 15 May 2014
Well written. Fantastic storyline. Our hero is definitely flawed. Excess, success and (kind of) ultimately failure. Can't recommend his highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent great read, 29 April 2014
A must for anyone with even a passing interest in online gaming or gambling well written and an informed view

5.0 out of 5 stars true story about to become major film, 5 Mar 2014
love true stories and this one is spectacular! gets more exciting with each turn of the page.I can't believe I had never heard of Daniel Tzvetkoff!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 7 Jan 2014
Fascinating insight into the world of online gambling and the rise and fall of Daniel Tzvetkoff. The book was well written and I couldn't put it down when I started reading it. Looking forward to Leighton's next offering.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's about time!, 10 Nov 2013
I think it's fair to say that lovers of the online poker scene have long shown such an incredible desire for someone to go into the world, gather the facts and write coherently and truthfully about an industry that's saw not only it's fair share of triumph - but also some significant scandals along the way.

The author has provided us with a real insight into this often murky but always silky world that most people would never have known existed. He remained loyal to the truth and pushed no Hollywood inspired agenda, for this he must be commended.

For those of us that lived through some of the madness from within the industry, it was refreshing to read a book so in touch with reality, it's as though the author was there - living through it all.

Buy this book. Its a clear, intriguing, exciting and truthful account of 6 years that will truly define the future of online poker. Excellently written and accurately presented.

Now if only we had someone to look into the Rangers story in this much depth . . . . :-)

Great read James, it was worth the wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who love a good solid Rise & Fall story, 30 Jan 2014
C. GRIFFITHS "NERD!" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
I'll start by admitting I am not an avid reader; I could probably count on both my hands how many books I have read from start to finish in my lifetime. For the most part I tend to only read non fiction books that relate to my favourite movies or musicians. Although this also falls into the non fiction category as it is based on a fact, it could almost pass as fiction it is just so downright entertaining.

The story in a nutshell is of a an Australian whiz kid who works his way to becoming a payment processor for online poker companies. Before long the once everyday kid who worked at Pizza Hut is now living a lavish lifestyle of millions of dollars, luxury sports cars, nightclubs and all the other traits that fall in line with "The American Dream" but before long in amongst all the excessive luxuries comes the ultimate downfall.

The fact of the matter is that this, like many other great rise and fall stories, is full of rich and engaging characters and fantastically well paced storyline, so much so that at times it's hard to believe this is not a work of fiction from a brilliant mind.It is an emotional roller coaster that paints clear imagery and at times left me completely gobsmacked even if I might've had prior knowledge to certain plot developments. That to me is great storytelling when you might already know something yet it hits you like a tonne of bricks when you see/read it. I, like many other readers had no prior interest nor knowledge on online gambling but now I feel as if I could set up my own payment processing industry, but given the outcome of this book I think it's best I pass.

Regardless of your taste in genre or subject matter I would be hard pressed to find anyone who could not enjoy this stellar piece of writing

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, well written - buy this book!, 7 Dec 2013
I don't read all that many books. Actually, it's more that I rarely finish them. It's not that I don't enjoy reading, it's just that I want a book to draw me into it's plot in a way that means that I finish a chapter and just have to go straight onto the next one to see what's going to happen next. This book does exactly that. It's an exciting story in itself but what really makes this book stand out for me is the integrity and objectivity of the author which makes the story believable and all the more exciting.

I came to the book not knowing an awful lot about online poker but Leighton has pitched this book at a level that means that anyone can understand and relate to it whether an expert in the game or not.

So in summary a great story and a very engageing read from cover to cover - highly recommended!