5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended for all Women
Published 20 months ago by Wendy Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice gentle way to read God's story
I needed a new bible and thought this looked like a good choice, a lovely version of the bible, but a little gentle than I am used to, will use it for reference use.
Published 3 months ago by Gran

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended for all Women, 1 Jan 2013
Wendy Jones "wjones7423" (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
In thie first instance this is the NLY version of the Bible. I am not used to the NLT but found it a refreshing change and using it alongside my NIV study bible. As it says this is a bible for women. Obviously the bible itself can be read by anyone, but the front cover and the articles are very definitely aimed at women. Thge articles are on a number of themes and written by a variety of different women and I liked these. They fit in perfectly and link to the book in which they are placed. They take the theme of Spritiual disciplines and are listed at the front of the bibe. If you are looking for a new bible or a present for a female friend I would highly recommend this bible. It is well worth every penny

5.0 out of 5 stars A great devotional bible for today's busy woman, 17 Oct 2013
If you are looking for an in-depth study Bible then this is definitely not the one for you. It doesn't have extensive study notes, cross-references or a concordance. Having said that, I believe it does what it sets out to do. Written in the easy-to-read NLT version I found it works well as a devotional reading Bible at home; I will be using it for that purpose rather than as a Bible to take to church (it's a little bulky).

I love the design of the Bible. It is beautifully presented with full colour throughout, which adds to the pleasure of reading it during my devotional time. The books of the Bible are located down the side of the page rather than at the top, but once I got used to it, I found it useful for flicking through the books of the Bible quite quickly. One drawback is that I usually like underlining and highlighting my Bible, but the pages are a little thinner than I would like.

While I personally prefer the NKJV for studying the Bible, the everyday matters Bible for women, I think would be great for a new believer looking for an easy-to-read translation. It would also suit the mature Christian woman looking to ignite her personal devotional time, with an easy-to -read version of the Bible. The devotional articles based on 24 spiritual disciplines are written in a thought-provoking contemporary style, and are ideal for the busy woman of today. I would definitely recommend this Bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all women!, 30 Dec 2012
I ordered this bible when I first heard about it and am delighted with it, I even ordered my mum one for christmas. The bible is really practical to everyday living and can be used easily as a group or individually. The range of questions and devotionals by the likes of Ann Voskamp, Max Lucado etc are perfect and always very appropriate to the section and it is set out well for ease of use. I cant rate it highly enough!

4.0 out of 5 stars Every day matters for women, 7 Jan 2013
A very good book a must read i enjoyed reading it i would recomend it to a friend i would read similar

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing, 17 Nov 2013
I have always love the New living translation.. The articles in Everyday matters are refreshing and practical. It is quite simple and easy to understand. I just love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bible, 30 Nov 2013
I have 3 bibles now, this one's probably the biggest but i've had so many compliments on it from my friends at church, the Q&A sections are so helpful and beneficial to my everyday life, when i'm feeling low and need specific guidance in something it's so easy to find advice in this bible, delivery was also very quick, great purchase, i'd definitely recommend it! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book and dispatched so quickly!!!, 15 July 2014
Excellent service and quality condition product. Book was a gift which was well recieved.

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice gentle way to read God's story, 22 Jun 2014