on 27 July 2014
It was pretty much as pictured but if a little cheap and slightly fragile looking but thought it could probably handle the job. Did the job on my first bike ride with it except one incident where the bottle came out when going over rough ground. I didn't really fault the cage though and blamed the bottle for being a slightly awkward shape. So I replaced my bottle (to a Camelbak Insulated Podium bottle) and went out for my second ride with it a week later. Was about a 1/2 mile into my ride, when I went over a bump and all of a sudden I heard a snap and something rattling down the road. I quickly stopped and inspected my bike and found that even though my bottle was just about still in place, the front of the cage was missing and was lying a couple of meters down the road. It had snapped off rendering the bottle cage useless. My initial observation about it being slightly fragile came to be true so beware it really wont stand up to that much. Next time I'm going for one that has a slightly more malleable platstic (as the plastic on this is pretty rigid which is what I think makes it fragile) or a metal one.
on 11 January 2013
I went for this cage as I wanted to use it with a Rixen & Kaul BottleKlick Adjustable Bottlecage Holder on my Brompton. As the holder is removable (using on a Brompton) I thought the cage would be good as it can pack down smaller in my bag. I've also appreciated that I can use it with shop-bought water/ fizzy bottles. Adjustment is good and looks like it'll last well like the rest of the Topeak kit I own (which sometimes feels like most of their range!)
on 21 May 2013
I bought one of these last year and sadly let it go when I sold my bike. I decided to get another one for my new bike this year. You just screw onto the frame loosen the yellow screw adjust it out put your bottle in it then tighten and away you go. I like to take the bottle out loosen the screw again and just close it in just,a fraction more for a tighter grip on my bottle.
on 4 April 2013
Very good. Wanted a holder that was adjustable so it would take a reusable 'sport' type bottle or a 500ml type shop bought bottle and hold it in place without falling out a the first bump.Be warned it dosen't come with any fixings but that didn't matter as the screws for it were already on my bike as standard. Easy to fit. ( three minutes and an allen key)
on 28 August 2014
Exactly what I was looking for. I use it for holding regular store bought drinks and it works perfectly for those. So far i've used it with 500ml slim bottles and have had no issues. I haven't tested it with fatter bottles such as the 750ml or 1L bottles yet but will update this review when I have done so. Great item and reasonably priced.
on 14 June 2014
Great bottle cage - the adjustment for different size bottles is very handy and the adjustment nut holds bottles tight and does not become loose - its lighter weight than I thought it would be so that's a bonus and also I like the look of the cage very much
on 19 April 2014
I have found this cage to be of most use when I needed to purchase a bottled drink from a shop, as the size can be adjusted so that just about any bottle won't rattle around. Feels well built and should last a lifetime.
on 28 September 2014
The adjusting factor is a clear winner for me.. I've used this bottle cage with both slim and wide bottles. With a full bottle on, it's taken all the pounding from MTB trails and it's still going strong.
on 3 February 2014
This cradle is so universal that I purchased another one, sturdy without being brittle and caters to a wide range of water bottles, looks stylish also
on 28 August 2015
Broke after one ride, and the bracket was not quite straight so my knee kept clipping the top of the water bottle. Which is probably why it broke.