on 7 June 2013
The inks that come with the printer have a low capacity so I am glad I bought a set of inks at the same time. The printer does use ink at a fair rate so I would always buy the larger options for the best value. I have been extremely pleased with the output from my printer using Canon ink and I would recommend anyone to use them.
on 26 October 2013
I bought the Canon printer because of the great reviews, but all the inks, even the XL sizes seem very expensive and don't appear to last that long. If a coloured ink runs out, the printer won't print in black only until the cartridge has been changed.
55 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 March 2013
Of course the inks give the high quality reproduction you would expect from Canon. However, Canon have seen fit to reduce the capacity of the standard cartridge but not the price!! The XL cartridges which are just little larger in capacity than the old standard size, are unfortunately unbelievably expensive. Canon have shot themselves in the foot here by trying to "bleed" their captive market. Consumers will/should look elsewhere.
on 16 May 2014
After trying out some generic printer cartridges on my previous Canon M600 I learned a very expensive lesson. The Printer heads were impossible to clean no matter how many times I did the maintenance programme, had to ditch it in the end. Never again, will always use Canon.
on 24 September 2013
I stick to original Canon ink for my printer - dont want to take the chance on non-Canon equivalents.. I only gave the pack 4 stars as the Grey is not part of the pack and I had to buy seperatly
on 10 February 2014
A full set of printer cartridges should not cost more than the printer. Yeah they contain great quality ink that is fade resistant and perfectly suited to the printer but the cost of cartridges is criminal. When will the EU intervene?
on 21 December 2013
Although a bit expensive great results from these inks as expected from genuine Canon product . Have used cheaper third party inks in previous printers and have been disappointed so probably worth paying the extra.
on 1 May 2014
Replaced our trusty Kodak all-in-one printer with a Canon.
Colour printing costs money and the Canon cartridges give good results.
The XL pack replaces the original supplied very low ink cartridges.
VINE VOICEon 4 April 2015
These are the genuine ink tanks, and as such work perfectly.

They are easy to fit and the colours are great; they also last well (as a print).

Lasting inside the printer is another matter. I had the normal ink cartridges last time and they didn't last particularly well, so I though I'd get the 'XL' ink tank instead. THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME SIZE.

Clearly they have more ink in, but my gripe is that someone at Canon had the bright idea of half-filling the normal tanks but charging the standard price and brought out these XL with a price premium and what you got instead was a full ink cartridge. Disgusting if you ask me.

So, great ink, great prints that don't fade but you're paying over the odds just to get a full cartridge.
on 10 April 2014
Ordered from Cake and Cookie Central. None of the cartridges were in boxes, wrapped in some recycled plastic lids.

Have I received genuine Canon products? I'm not sure.