5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful surprise!
Published 17 months ago by Annie

3.0 out of 5 stars Bocelli is unique pity this recording wasn't
Published 16 months ago by Bald Kiwi

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful surprise!, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: Passione (Audio CD)
'Passione': I was a bit doubtful when I ordered this CD as it is not the kind of music I have ever really appreciated. But I decided to give it a try, and was pleasantly surprised - I love it! I have played it several times now, and it has proved to be the rare kind of album that gets better and better every time. Bocelli enhralls me with his interpretation of these love songs, many of which are new to me and which include some inspired duets with Jennifer Lopez, Nelly Furtado and the late Edith Piaf.

There are few singers who can tackle Elvis Presley's music convincingly, but Bocelli can! His rendition of 'Love me Tender' is stunning, every bit as good as Elvis's own version, and sung with such simple sincerity and honesty - just beautiful.

In 'Passione' Bocelli shows how versatile he has become as a performer and how much he has developed since his early 'Romanza' days. With his remarkable voice, which has got deeper, richer and more expressive over the years, he has produced one of his most interesting albums to date.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bocelli is unique pity this recording wasn't, 23 Feb 2013
Bald Kiwi (Luton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Passione (Audio CD)
Both my wife and I are fans of Andrea Bocelli, so with great anticipation we waited for his latest release, and then, like the traditional buses, three came along at once! These were the standard edition, the delux edition and the special Amazon limited edition. So, what's wrong with that you may ask, and normally I'd agree, except that these various versions each varied from the others by just a couple of tracks. So if you are a CD user, now you know he has other music out there, but if you want it you have to buy the same 14 tracks again and again.

To me, this puts him in a league with other recent artists who have used the same confidence trick to try to sell additional copies, such as the Corrs who re-issued "Talk on Corners" with just the addition of the Fleetwood Mac song "Dreams", or Shania Twain with her multi-album Up! which was issued in three formats, all with the same tracks - Red Disc 1, Blue Disc 2 for the International market and Green Disc 2 for the USA Country Market.

Oh, by the way, I bought the delux version, and yes, we enjoyed Andrea's blend of classics and popular song choices.

3.0 out of 5 stars Passione, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: Passione [Amazon Exclusive] (Audio CD)
I love Andre Bocelli but I was disappointed with the overall choice of tracks on this CD. I did not enjoy his duets. I feel this is not up to his usual standard.

2.0 out of 5 stars Muzak, 10 Mar 2013
Mrs. Sandra Strachan (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Passione [Amazon Exclusive] (Audio CD)
Love Andrea he has a lovely voice but I'm afraid this cd sounds like lift music I bought it for my husband as he is a huge fan and he's not even putting it on his i player feels like it was rushed out for the valentine market

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one of his best, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Passione [Amazon Exclusive] (Audio CD)
Quite disappointed with this cd. I have all of his CD's bit i won't be playing this one very much.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant, 4 April 2013
S. Clark - See all my reviews
This review is from: Passione [Amazon Exclusive] (Audio CD)
Bought this for my Mother who really likes it but I thought it Ok with more up to date songs from the maestro.

3.0 out of 5 stars CD, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Passione [Amazon Exclusive] (Audio CD)
SORRY BUT AS A BIG FAN OF BOCELLI WE WERE VERY LET DOWN BY THIS CD AFTER A FEW BRILLIANT CD'S THIS ONE LACKS THAT MAGIC AND VOICE POWER HE IS SO GOOD AT PRICE AND SERVICE GOOD BUT CD POOR

3.0 out of 5 stars Misnomer, 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: Passione (Audio CD)
Disappointingly, it is precisely the passion that seems to be lacking since he changed wife/agent, so it is only rather average.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Passione (MP3 Download)
The Andrea Bocelli and David Foster combination works again. Andrea's velvet voice and David Fosters beautiful arrangements make for a very romantic album. This album is very much in the same vain as Amore released a few years ago, so the two merge well together. Nice to relax and have a glass of wine (or two) to!

Just let's hope that a dvd is produced for this album like the one made for Amore - Under the Desert Sky. That is a real gem.

Perfect for those of us who love Andrea's voice but not so keen on the full blown classical music scene.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bocelli cd "passione", 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Passione (Audio CD)
This was received on the release date. It is a great example of Bocelli's wide range of music he can sing and give such emotion to each individual song.

Passione [Amazon Exclusive]
Passione [Amazon Exclusive] by Andrea Bocelli (Audio CD - 2013)