on 25 August 2014
I do like Christopher Nuttals books. he does churn them out rapidly and is a good writer. The speed at which he produces them, does lend for some minor grammatical and spelling errors but if you can overlook these, the story lines are good. This book was the long haul, the second in the series and it was pretty depressing (and I guess was meant to be). Its how humankind is now deep under the alien invasion and struggling to cope. The worst of mankind's behaviour comes to the fore in this one and is exploited by the aliens.

A good read, I couldn't wait for the 3rd and final section, which is more upbeat.
on 12 April 2013
Another book by Chris Nuttall that I 'bulk-purchased' after reading another of his e-novels and I'm glad to say it didn't disappoint in any way. By far my favourite author in this genre, he manages to weave enough realism into the plot so that suspension of disbelief isn't taken to insulting levels like some authors tend to - a reader of average intelligence won't sit there thinking 'that couldn't happen' or 'that won't work'...
Unfortunately the stories are so 'un-put-downable' that I'm now in the position of actually having to wait for more of his titles to be released...
on 8 July 2013
Whilst the alien invasion theme moves forward as expected (until the final reel!), the thing that makes this different is the focus on how not just the heroes but the collaborators and others behave. This gives this story a "reality" that others in the genre sometimes lack - and is all the more compelling as a result. Looking forward to the next (concluding?) part ....
on 2 July 2014
I do wish that horse would hurry up and learn to sing. Flying over the Atlantic from the east coast of the U.S.A you head EAST not west. However one can overlook silly mistakes in an otherwise well told tale if somewhat wordy. Now if only old Dobbin would get his hoof out and start singing.
on 24 July 2013
I think it suffers from being in the middle of a trilogy, the first book was really "whats going to happen next" and the 3rd is very much "how will it end?"

Still a very enjoyable trilogy, couldn't read it fast enough.

4 stars easy for me.
on 2 April 2013
The believability and drama of book one is missing and the action is quite repetative and formulaic and towards the end I found it hard going. The writing is as good as ever and there is a twist at the end that is not really believable.
on 6 January 2014
Great read my only point of criticism being if you fly from ConUS and the first land you see is Africa you are flying east not west. Apart from that give more please.
on 23 May 2013
A very enjoyable sequel that leaves you wanting more - looking forward to reading the 3rd episode. Going to look out for more by this author.
on 13 January 2016
Fantastic follow up to Outside Context with graphic accounts of resistance with a twist of a cliffhanger; can't wait to start book 3!!!
on 14 June 2013
Book two in the series and one I couldn't wait to read. Plenty of action and believable characters that I actually cared about.