5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to my workout routine, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: Rooboard Balance Board and Core & Abdominal Trainer (Misc.)
I received my Rooboard a couple of weeks ago now, it arrived promptly and as a surprisingly small and light package. Clearly lightweight and compact was by design; storing it at home isn't an issue and it comes with a neat carry case making carrying it to my local park easy.

A couple of years ago I started moving away from weightlifting in the gym and more towards interval training, cardio and other programs aimed at complementing the range of sports I love. Having tried out other products in this market, I was keen to see if I could add variety and depth to my routines with the Rooboard. It certainly achieves this; a range of new exercises become available and has greater versatility than many other products I have used on the market. To try and go into detail would be to do it an injustice; for a rather extensive list of ideas and ways in which to add it into your workout plan, check out their website. For those exercises you already know and can perform without equipment, the Rooboard adds an additional balance aspect to those too. Even with simple exercises such as push ups, when adding in the Rooboard I can feel this forcing my muscles to work together and to learn to support my own bodyweight, ideal for building the more functional physique from an athletic perspective that I've been aiming for.

This is a great product, it's added significantly to my workout plan and with so much you can do with such a small product, I can see it being a key part of my training for a long time. 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars easily underrated, 8 Nov 2013
I take this with me to use in the studio in the gym or in my living ,I have done a lot of core exercises with trx suspension trainers and resistance bands but following some of the exercises the guy does on rooboard YouTube channel these are easily the most penetrating core e exercises I have ever done in my life, also using it with bare feet is awesome at improving your balance it's something that takes time, don't expect to get the hang of it or the most of it the first day, it's quite comfortable as well with the padding on the top, great for becoming an all round stronger and more balanced person

5.0 out of 5 stars Rooboard- I use it to improve knee and ankle strength and balance for rough mountain walking, 11 April 2013
A well designed bit of kit, also much smaller than wobble boards and without a ball to get damaged or wear out. Cleverly adjustable by rearranging the parts, I use it in the kitchen during those spare minutes while waiting for the vegetables to cook for dinner. It's also really useful to be able to see a video of possible exercises. I think it would also be excellent for balance rehab following a sprained ankle or foot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Portable Balance Board, 27 July 2014
Mr. Ross Maynard (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Lay the hard plastic board over the two convex foam things and you have an unstable surface to balance on. There are no instructions with the set, but loads of videos on Youtube or the firm's website. It's fun and good for ankle, knee and hip strength.

The main benefit for me is that it is portable, fitting easily to my case when I am working away from home.

The board is about 12 inches long by 4 inches wide and, in my view, this is too small to use with one of the foam things as a balance board with both feet, but the unstable surface works well one-legged.

It seems a bit pricey for what you get, and I much prefer my lovely wooden 66Fit balance board - but that is too large to travel with. This is ideal if you work away from home and want to take it with you for those lonely evenings in a hotel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect equipment to store under your desk and whip out for a lunch time workout, 5 Feb 2013
The thing that surprised me the most about training with this - is the level of increased intensity. Simple exercises, like press-ups and the plank, become much harder, once you add the instability element. Some of the variation exercises, like the single arm decline press and the super skater are extremely challenging.

I have been able to halve my workout times and increase the muscular and fitness gains that had stagnated with my gym sessions. I also realised my core was not as strong as it needed to be and the Rooboard has been excellent for correcting this.

Solid and weighty for its small size it is obviously built to last. The foam grip is fitted into the deck which compacts as you use it. This is much more comfortable on the hands and feet than other balance boards I have used before. This product does away with the unnecessary material in large round or square balance/wobble boards and works perfectl, with the body weight exercises that it was designed for.

This really packs a lot of punch for its size and cost. I now store this under my desk at work for quick lunch time sessions.

5.0 out of 5 stars great results from a great product, 16 Jun 2014
The rooboard may not seem like it would produce results for seasoned athletes, but that is far from the truth. Having used it for the past 2 months I have seen a dramatic improvement in my core and in my stabilizers in general.
From doing walking pushups to one-legged squats, the rooboard adds that extra dimension of difficulty to help generate results.
I would recommend this product to all.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, 13 Jun 2014
I am not exactly fit but do try to do something to stop stiffness and help my balance. I know I do not use this to it's full extent but have been shown some exercises which do help me. Good help on site too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travels well, 18 April 2014
This is a great size to store at home or take traveling. It comes with a pouch for storage. The advantage of the mousse type padding is that they do not glide across the floor like some which are wood. The contact is solid all the while allow for balance exercises. I have used it strictly for ankle strengthening however I watched the product videos on youtube and this is a full service workout. I do not like the kangaroo sticker logo and it can't be removed. It seems aggressive rather than a happy exercise thing. I am trying to deal with it by not looking =)

5.0 out of 5 stars rooboard, 17 Mar 2014
I'm going to learn to surf and I think that will help. the only thing missing was a dvd to go with it. Anyone without a computer is stumped. You have to go to you tube for instructions. Other than that a great help with balance and core excersise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Dec 2014
Tom (Warsaw, Poland) - See all my reviews
Nice stuff for a daily trainings for runners.