on 1 February 2014
For in-ear headphones, these are fairly expensive and do have the appearance and build quality of a premium product. I especially liked the cable which is a slightly thicker than most and designed not to get tangled. And it works too - I'd shove these in the carry case at the end of my commute, take them out again next day and - bingo - I don't need to spend the next 5 minutes un-tangling them!

Overall build is excellent and sound quality first rate. Maybe it's psychological, you know, expensive headphones must therefore equal better quality sound, but they did sound superior to my standard issue iPod phones. Everything a bit clearer, my music (mainly rock) had a bit more oomph. Denon have also spared no expense with the packaging and presentation - very nicely presented in a large box with a carry case, belt clip and additional buds.

Except...and this is why I've marked them down. They keep falling out of my ears. I've tried the various earbuds supplied and keep having the same problem. And before you ask, I don't have weird Mr Spock like ears (at least I don't think I do). I've established it's down to the remote, the weight of which seems to pull on the phones. It's not so evident whilst sitting on the train but became a nightmare when walking down the street. Every 5 minutes, I'd have to stop and adjust them. In the end, I got so annoyed with them that I gave up and sold them on.

I've never had the same problem with in-ear Sennheiser headphones, nor another set of Denon's (AHC101 Urban Ravers) so I reckon it's a design flaw with the AH-C250s.

Or maybe I do have weird mis-shapen ears after all.
on 4 September 2014
Read reviews that complained about heavy cable pulling phones from ear and creating a lot of noise if touched. Couldn't be Denon phones, I thought, having a pair of 710s for over three years with no problems. But price slashed, got them for about €100 - couldn't go wrong. Superb sound, really brilliant, BUT heavy noisy cable as said elsewhere. So Denon engineers brilliant phones, then Design screw it all up. How dumb is a design that brings the phones into contact with the lobes, that burden these stupidly designed cans with heavy pseudo-wire that is so stiff that it juts out all over the place and tugs the phones loose? The sheer stupidity of Denon to let this happen!

Five stars for sound quality minus four stars for dumb dumb design.
VINE VOICEon 29 August 2014
The sound from these is about as pure as I have ever had from in-ear headphones - and I have tried Bose, Shure and B&O (the B&O 'phones were great too but these were over-ear and so it's not really fair to make a direct comparison). These headphones are also very comfortable; I tend to have small ears and find that a lot of in-ear phones either cause an ache after a while or just don't even fit in my ears. These come with 7 size options so you should have a good chance of finding one that works for you. They also have a very nifty case which is practical and stylish. Even the packaging is beautiful.

However, although I am blown away by the quality of the sound over a variety of music, I am debating whether to return these and that is due to the cable noise. The slightest touch of the cable sends a loud rumble up through the cables and into your ears over the sound of the music. They are great while I am sitting at my computer typing this review, but I want to be able to use these during my commute and I can't see how I will be able to avoid touching the cable as I move about. And the noise is loud enough to render these fairly useless in terms of moving around (you certainly wouldn't want to use them at the gym ; even walking is going to prove problematic). One has to wonder what the designers were thinking - what is the point of producing such pure sound and then creating a design which ensures that the slightest movement sends an echoing all the way up the cable and OVER that pure sound? Sadly this is why I cannot give this 5 stars. Overall, they are probably great if you intend to use them while at your computer, but not if you intend to move around with them.

Edited to add: I am now on my second pair of these and considering whether to buy my third. The reason for this is that they keep breaking. Both pairs have eventually failed in the right headphone - sound either ceases to come out at all or comes in and out. Normally I wouldn't buy a product again with a consistent fault such as this but I have to admit that although their longevity is poor, while they are working, the sound is great and no other headphone has matched them for me; if only Denon would sort out the poor lifespan.
on 15 October 2015
Unfortunately, like the other reviews, the right-hand side earpiece failed, with no warning. the headphones were treated with respect, and still failed. if I paid full price, I would be very annoyed, but up to failure the sound was good, but not overwhelming. recommend, don.t purchase these at full price, as failure in one of the ear-pieces seems to be the norm, even when looked after.
on 28 September 2013
Outrageous sound quality for in ear 'phones. I absolutely love then. The control unit in the left cord is functional and conveniently placed. They are rock solid, and really will take a beating. They don't tangle very easily at all. Wide choice of buds to suit your ear, and pricing is competitive. They look fantastic, and the finish is really very good indeed. I can wholeheartedly recommend these to anyone looking for superior sound quality in a commuter friendly package.
on 28 January 2015
All the reviews which say that getting a good fit is difficult proved correct for me. Also, with a week one of the channels had started to fail.
on 4 November 2013
very good and much better than another top rated headphones which i return ed , i good set, a a

See one answered question