on 10 November 2013
I read the first in the war of the fae series in an anthology and was hooked. When I got to the end of that series and realised that this one led on from it I was so happy as I wanted to know so much more.
I liked the ending as it didn't tie everything up in a neat Neighbours style package and potentially left room for spin offs, whilst answering enough that I didn't feel cheated.
Great series and I've now bought the rest of her work so I can read on.
on 27 January 2014
loved every second of reading every book, excellent and highly addictive reads a very talented author. Tim the pixie my fave character.
Jayne as usual has disobeyed orders and with Spike has gone to the Otherworld to try and find out what has happened to their companions. She doesn't realise it but she has a small hitchhiker in her back pack............it's Tim's son Willy! When she hears a noise she wonders what it is and where it is coming from and of course Spike can't hear it......then she puts her hand into her pack and finds Willy. After the initial shock of finding him there he becomes an asset to them all. Their friends are all in cages inside a mountain where a bunch of Dwarves are celebrating Samhain. In effect, they are destined to be Dragon fodder.

The Otherworld is now full of nasty beings like Moriah the black winged demon Angel and some nasty Orcs and some weird pixies.

Jayne ends up in a cage with her nemesis Samantha and after a long talk she finds out that Samantha has been duped by Ben all the way. They make tentative friends and then work together to see if they can get everyone out of the cages.

Jayne also discovers how the tear in the void came about and who caused it.......it will be a surprise when you find out who messed with fate!

Essentially this book is about finding the two Dragons who must guard the Otherworld and the Underworld (Hell). There is a fair amount of violence in this book and of course the obligatory bad language from Jayne some of which, I found hysterically funny. Tim of course plays his part in the book.......well, it wouldn't be right to leave him out would it seeing as how 'Fartastic' he is!

I thought it was an excellent book to end the series with. I'm just sorry there aren't any more.
on 24 March 2014
I read Elle Casey's other books the war of the fea first, then read these as they carry on from the other 4 book in that series. They are very well written and easy to read.I enjoyed the first book a lot better than the other two, there is a lot of swearing in this series so I don't think they would be suitable for young people to read but it is funny.
on 11 April 2014
I read the whole set and loved the story the heroine was a very strong and comical character. All the characters were well thought out, and much to my husbands amusement, I laughed and cried throughout the book!

I would say that due to the colourful words! I think this book would appeal to the latter teen age or like myself an adult.
on 29 January 2014
I'm now suffering a huge book hangover! I'm sad I finished this series because I absolutely loved it from start to finish. I would definitely recommend these to be read as they are so well written. They made me smile, cry and laugh out loud Elle Casey is an amazing writer and I look forward to read in more from her
on 31 December 2012
I couldn't put this last installment of the series down. Like all of the previous books Portal Guardians did not disappoint. Frantic, funny and fast paced the main characters kept me wanting more. I was so sad at the end to know that I had to leave the characters behind as I have enjoyed all their adventures over the past few months. Having a strong female character as the central protagonist was so refreshing. I can't recommend the War of the Fae and Clash of the Otherworlds highly enough. A brilliant read.
on 18 July 2015
Book 7 didn't disappoint loved every minute of it and hated coming to the end, hope there is more to come for Jayne and Spike. Brilliant series.. Thank you
on 13 January 2016
Brillant series - good book to read couldnt put it down. different from the usual book i read but worth it.
LOVED IT. Would Recomend.
on 22 February 2014
what a good read..fast pace good and strong character..what else can you ask for? you have in me an enduring fan Ms Elle Casey!!