5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gift idea
These are great and useful if you want to get someone an unusual present. I now have several packs as all the family prefer them to ice now.
Published 17 months ago by Jane

1.0 out of 5 stars PRICE MAY BE DROPPING; YOUR WHISKY TEMPERATURE WON'T!
These Whisky Stones really DON'T chill spirits by any discernable amount. I am VERY disappointed with their performance and I have requested approval to return for a refund. Note: They were supposed to be £19.99; I bought them before Christmas for £8.99 and - today (17 Jan 2013) - they are just £7.99: I think that speaks volumes!

STOP PRESS: The seller - AVA...
Published 23 months ago by Empty Seas

1.0 out of 5 stars PRICE MAY BE DROPPING; YOUR WHISKY TEMPERATURE WON'T!, 17 Jan 2013
Empty Seas (Rugeley, Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whisky Stones Ice Rocks x 9 with Muslin Storage Bag (Kitchen & Home)

STOP PRESS: The seller - AVA Group UK - summarily closed my return request without contacting me, but attached the reason that the product is a Grocery Item! Go figure. I cannot, therefore, recommend the seller, either!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Work, 5 Mar 2013
Jf Gaulton - See all my reviews
I agree with previous reviews of these stones. They are a bit of a rip off. They simply do not work.The drinks are not chilled enough I ended up throwing them in the bin although I should have sent them back. Absolute rubbish

1.0 out of 5 stars Stick with ice, 3 Feb 2013
They don't do what they promise to do. Waste of money. Have reverted back to using ice after a few attempts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gift idea, 6 July 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I expected, 22 July 2013
The product wasnt as good I expected, but then for the price I suppose its ok.
I like my whiskey and thought it would be a nice touch.
The drink it not as cold as it is with ice and the cubes can be a little clumsy if you're putting more than 3 in a glass.
Overall I would recommend that you pay a little extra and get a better product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just a gimmick, 8 Jun 2013
I like a wee dram and I normally add a lump of ice to chill it, so I thought the stones would be an ideal substitute. However I gave these a go and found that they don't really reduce the temperature of the whisky at all. It got to the point where I tried using all of the stones at once in an attempt to render my whisky colder than the ambient room temperature but to no avail. Glad I didn't spend a fortune on them, in summary nicely made but don't work.

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm sure I was expecting more, 17 May 2013
I was hoping for too much maybe, they sure get cold but they don't cool my whiskey one bit, switched back to ice for now

1.0 out of 5 stars Would love to rate this product but am yet to receive it!, 2 Jan 2014
Hugely disappointed with a straightforward order for Whiskey stones placed on 18 December. Dispatched the same day, but I've never received them! They were meant as a Christmas present and I'm so embarrassed at not being able to pass this on. Have seen my friend three times now since just before Christmas and each time I have no present. Contacted Amazon who were great, they sent an email to AVA Group. I got a generic email back saying they were shut till Jan 6! Never got Tracking info so have absolutely no idea where this parcel is. Poor, disappointing service!

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not water down your whisky!, 11 Dec 2013
Royal Mail misplaced the first order; AVA group provided a replacement immediately!
They are not quite as effective as ice as the Specific Heat Capacity/Specific Latent Heat calculations prove.
No watering down, however!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun, but practical product., 14 July 2013
I would say this is a good, fun, yet practical product for whisky or other spirits when drinking neat. If you don't like ice or water in your whisky then this is a great way to get around that problem. (They also work with water or ice of course!) Too many 'connoisseurs' have slated the stones as they claim to get in the way of drinking, or don't stay cold enough for long periods of time, but they make quite a fun gift and work well for the time a glass of whisky lasts!

Whisky Stones Ice Rocks x 9 with Muslin Storage Bag