5.0 out of 5 stars Was not sure..... but actually very impressed
I have had my eye on iPads and such for some time to use as a device to quickly look at something on the net and for my daily 3hour train commute each day. The cost of the iPads were a massive turn-off for me and in addition to the rapid changes of models I was looking to spend as little as possible.
I found myself looking for cheap tablets and came across the Jtouch...
Published 19 months ago by Butch

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for
A basic Android tab. The build quality isn't bad and most of the functionality is there. However there were a few issues with the one I got:

Published 17 months ago by SpannerPoint2

5.0 out of 5 stars Was not sure..... but actually very impressed, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: JUSTOP Jtouch 7 HD Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Tablet PC A9 Dual-Core 1.6Ghz CPU 1GB RAM 8GB NAND Flash 7" 1024 x 600 Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen - web Camera - HDMI - Supports SKYPE , Youtube, BBC iPlayer , NetFlix , Facebook, FilmON , TV Catchup
I found myself looking for cheap tablets and came across the Jtouch Tablet, I read plenty of reviews for similarly priced tablets and I did read other people complaining about battery times and/or the power units falling out the device when they unplugged the devices, so my expectations were low to start off with.

The Jtouch arrived in its packaging, fairly basic but well protected before I did anything I left the device to charge for a few hours. When I first powered the device on I did not know what I was doing as I had never used a Android OS before but managed to navigate around. The keyboard layout was UK and I had to change the regional settings to the UK and that was it.
I easily managed to connect to the wireless network and found my way into the App store and downloaded a few utilities and games. I had some AVI films on a micro-SD card and played these via the device, picture quality was good however there were points when the video struggled with the rendering but this could be down to the device running multiple apps that were using the other processes to run the movie, that said it was a big 2.5Gb AVI file so I was surprised it played it. Going forward I will ensure that any other apps are closed while playing big films, if that doesn't work I may look at converting the movies to the recommended format which was why I was surprised it played in the first place. A downside was that the sound quality was not so good playing through the speaker, which does not bother me as I would be using the device with headphones and the sound from the videos was OK (this could of been the one film) however there was no quality issues while playing music, the sound was clear and loud.

I though the colours on the screen were clear, the screen rotation was not laggy, the keyboard has been accurate so far and the applications available are much better than what is available on my iPhone. I did read some complaints on other tablets with regards to wireless strength, this little device manages to receive a good signal and keep it. Downloading apps is very fast and webpages load very quickly, I have yet to try Netflix or Iplayer as yet.

So on conclusion of using the device for a couple of days I am very happy with the Jtouch, the things that make me happy are the price and knowing that I could of paid 5-6 times the amount for an iPad. The screen resolution for games and video playback is much better than expected. The general feel of the device is solid however I am going to be very delicate with the power inlet as it appears to feel lose and I'm wary of some reviews of tablets from the under 150 range that these fail. I do look after my gadgets and would be careful when using the device when it is on charge but if this was in the hands of someone who is not so cautious I could see this as a bit of a potential problem, that said it could happen with any device.

The next key things is of course the battery time! The jury is still out for me on this, I will have to come back and leave a review in a week. I left the Jtouch on charge all night last night and used it when I was on the train this morning. I watched a video for about 20mins and then decided to connect to the wireless on the train and checked emails, downloaded some new apps, total time of use 1 hour while doing all those things. I came into work and downloaded a(lot) more apps on the works wireless so again I have now used the device for 2 hours with wi-fi enabled and the processor working away quite hard. The battery meter now says there is 50% left. Enough for my train ride home and if I was getting that low on power I would disable some of the features like wi-fi to save power.

Overall I am happy with spending 76 pounds for this little beauty, I think a bit of research will be required for a app monitor app to ensure that any processes are closed down that don't need to run, I think that this may be some "User" training required as I am used to a IOS or Windows so Android is all new to me. There are a few quirks such as the JTouch will not boot up (when powered off not on stand-by) when the headphones are plugged in, but i found a workaround which was to simply un-plug the headphones while I switch it on, I imagine that someone would of knocked a star off for that. I am a little disappointed that you cannot charge via the USB when it is connected to a power adapter or the PC, that would of been a nice touch but again not the end of the world. I'll just buy another adapter for 7 and keep one at work.

I'm a big believer in you get what you pay for, I was looking for something to surf the web and watch a few videos on while on the train, this hits the spot perfectly and I have a bonus of all the other games and applications on there, I'm sure I'll be using it for more things. I am even tempted to buy another one for my daughter for her birthday as I think these are very good value for money.

JUSTOP Jtouch 7" Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Tablet PC A9 Dual-Core 1.6Ghz CPU 1GB RAM 8GB NAND Flash 7" Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen - HDMI - Supports SKYPE 2.9 , Youtube, BBC iPlayer web , NetFlix , Facebook, FilmON, TV Catchup

5.0 out of 5 stars Cyclone voyager, 3 Jan 2013
R. Dyson (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
I'm not a techno geek, had this a couple of days. Simple and easy to use. Do,s what I need it to do. I'm very pleased with this. Delivery was prompt, well wrapped.

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 7 April 2013

Firstly, the battery life was very short. This meant I couldn't use it out of the house for more than an hour, even with Wi-Fi disabled. So no good for commuters - OK for those who just want to use at home, or for kids.

Secondly, the screen quality wasn't great, and (feeding into the first problem) the brightness could not be turned down. This was not an absolute deal breaker but it did make watching videos on YouTube less enjoyable.

Finally, whilst the tab had been set up for UK, I could not access iPlayer. This was one of the may things I wanted, so I was disappointed.

In any case, for 45 I should have expected it to be lower quality than a Google Nexus, which I've upgraded to.

I will say that the seller (Lakewood) were at all stages absolutely wonderful and were very understanding, and were even so good as to offer as refund for the object - cannot recommend them enough.

Just don't buy this tablet for an adult - it's the ideal entry tab for kids, but not quite up to scratch for proper use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Voyager Tablet, 20 Dec 2012
What a tablet offering great value for money. The android jellybean is a gem to use and have added all the apps that were on my phone and more. Compared to the branded products, kindle, nexus, ipad,etc this one gives them a run for their money.
Dragged a few films across from my Pc and plugged in mini HDMI cable which gave a great picture on my 40" TV.
Would thoroughly recommend this

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, 28 Dec 2012
This gem can do pretty much everything what you'd want a tablet to do at a very reasonable price, if you're looking for a compact tablet and don't want to break the bank then this is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little table, 9 Feb 2013

Had this about a week now and I love it. I would like to echo all the previous reviews as everything still stands. My power inlet is solid enough so no worries there. The power lead is only about 12 inches long so I probably say it's a bit on the short side. The device reported a android driver error when plugged into my windows 7 pc but this has not stopped me copying files to and fro.

If you don't know much about android then buy a magazine before you buy this as there's not a scrap of instructions included! Battery life seems a bit weak so I'm testing a few of the battery apps to see if any of those work. The device is unlocked but not rooted and I'm still trying to find instructions for this tablet to root it.

The screen resoloution is a bit on the low side at 800 x 480 but the display is still very good.

I've given it five stars because for the price it's a fantastic device and truly good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ab Fab., 8 Feb 2013
Robbie44 "Robbie44" (Staffordshire,England.) - See all my reviews
I have only had this tablet for one week but am extremely pleased with it.
It is fast and responsive and has done everything I have asked of it so far.
I bought this as I am still in learning mode with android technology and did not want,or need to spend too much money initially.
I did not expect too much, but am very happily surprised by what my money has bought! There will be no need to upgrade.
I did email JUSTOP to ask if there were any instructions I could download to speed my learning process and had a friendly reply,within two hours, with the requested information--very impressive.
All in all I am very happy with my purchase-thank you Amazon and JUSTOP.I recommend you both highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet, 19 Jan 2013
This was my first Android tablet and to start with I was a bit disappointed that it came with no instructions but with perseverance and experience from smart phone managed to get it up and running. A word of advice-if you want to download the bbc i player do this first after setting up wi-fi and google account as I didn't and spent spent ages with help from the seller to get it working. There are no specifications with this tablet so rely on the web site. you will need a mini HDMI cable to connect to tv. Really pleased with this tablet. Seems to do the same as all those really expensive ones. The catchup tv is smooth with no buffering and as an e reader on kindle it is a joy to use. Thoroughly recommend this tablet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Received different tablet, 15 May 2013
Hi, I noticed that someone else also received the wrong tablet. I think the sellers do this intentionally as I received an ICOO tablet and not the JTouch which is what I really wanted. Waste of time in the end as I returned it. I spent a lot of time researching this tablet only to be sent a different one.

Check with seller first that you're going to get the one that's advertised. The ICOO that I did receive had a poor screen that could only be viewed in one angle and build quality seemed cheap so I definitely didnt want to keep it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didnt receive this brand., 1 May 2013
Was sent different Tablet to the one I ordered. I didn't try the one I was sent as a replacement as I had spent a lot of time reviewing all the different Tablets,so was annoyed at not receiving the Jtouch I had ordered.So I sent Tablet back.