5.0 out of 5 stars What a Gripping Read!
Published on 19 Feb. 2012 by C. Duffy

3.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere Man
I love Sheila Quigleys books and wish she would bring her old books out on Kindle as these are her best.
I loved Holy Island but sad to say that this one was nowhere near as good, I have just started the last one now so hoping it gets better.
I will still be looking out for anything new from Sheila as she is still my fav author
Published on 22 Mar. 2013 by welshvixen

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Gripping Read!, 19 Feb. 2012
C. Duffy (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nowhere Man (Hardcover)
Having read all of Sheila Quigley's books (based on the North East) this book (Nowhere Man) and the book before (Thorn in My Side) are based around Holy Island are a totally gripping read. Once you pick it up.... you dont want to put it down! I would urge any reader to buy and read Thorn in my Side first followed on by Nowhere Man to get the full effect. I can't wait to read the next book continuing the story of Mike Yorke.

5.0 out of 5 stars sheila just gets better and better, 9 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Nowhere Man (Hardcover)
After reading Thorn In My Side, i couldnt wait for the Nowhere Man, you get to know and love the characters in Thorn in my Side, so you should read that first, it leaves you hanging on so u cant wait to read the Nowhere Man, I absolutely love this new series by Sheila Quigley, it's exciting, spine tingling and u really cant put it down, dying to read the third one, I am a huge fan of sheils's seahill books and was dubious about reading this new series but i can honestly say that i actually love the Mike Yorke books even more than the seahills if thats possible, i would highly recommend everyone to read this new series, Sheila has excelled herself

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracker from Sheila Quigley, 14 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Nowhere Man (Hardcover)
Brilliant. nowhere man is another great story in the ongoing tales from wonderful Holy Island.
I couldn't put the book down and the only downside is having to wait so long for the next book to come along.
I live in Sheilas' part of the world and I love the familiarity I feel when reading her books, This story really makes you think and I find myself with the story still in my head even weeks after I've finished reading it.
I especially love the short story at the back of Nowhere Man going back to her previous characters just to let you know there still around. Fantastic thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty Thriller., 27 Jun. 2012
Paul D Brazill (Bydgoszcz, Poland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nowhere Man (Paperback)
Nowhere Man is the seventh novel from Sheila Quigley,the Grande Dame of BRIT GRIT, who kicked off a fast-paced thriller series last year with Thorn In My Side, which introduced us to to DI Mike Yorke.

Yorke, a decent Northern copper, had returned home to Holy Island, after living in London, for a bit of peace and quiet.

No luck there, though. Mike Yorke, along with his Aunt May and the psychic street-waif Smiler, were quickly embroiled in a bizarre murder case that involved flogged corpses, missing kids, a strange cult and a sinister group seemed to control the world.

With Nowhere Man, Quigley kicks off the story pretty much where Thorn In My Side ended, with Aunt May in a coma and the cult Leader out for revenge.

And the story continues at a breathless pace, giving us plenty of strange twists and turns along the way, to reach a climax that really does leave you wanting more.

In Nowhere Man we find out a lot more about Mike Yorke's and Smiler's past and Aunt May's amazing secret life.

Nowhere Man by Sheila Quigley is a high-octane page turner and is cracking fun. This series is very much 'high concept ', as they say in Hollywood, and does require a slight suspension of belief, but is also full of the down-to-earth characters, gritty realism and humour that we've come to expect from Sheila Quigley.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOWHERE MAN, 3 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Nowhere Man (Hardcover)
Took me 6 hrs to read and refilled the bath 3 times at least! What a shame that the person who found so many mistakes infuriating that she could,nt rise above them to enjoy the story! When I learned that Sheila had started on a whole new story line away from The Seahills Sagas I was,I must admit disappointed, then I read Thorn in my side, Wow that had me hooked, could,nt wait for the next book again, and now she is leading us on to quite a few more books I hope. I was born and brought up in Houghton-le-Spring, attended St Michaels Church and a family member was "in" on the excavations that took place a couple of years ago,so for me to know that although her books are fictional, they are in some places factual. I left Houghton many, many years ago but Sheila,s books as well as being terrific,are for me nostalgic too.Ironicaly I was in Norwich last week, walking by Timber Hill, Spooky or what!!!!! I am sure one day Sheilas books will be either on TV or The bigger screen and well deserved too.

5.0 out of 5 stars great crime thriller, 19 May 2012
This review is from: Nowhere Man (Paperback)
Nowhere Man and the book before (Thorn in My Side) are based around Holy Island. Shelia Quigley has done it again, wrote a book that kept me hooked into the last page. Full of characters from the Thorn in my side, including Smiler and Aunt May we learn more about them, and their past. The concept of nowhere man has been well thought about by Shelia Quigley, and it does make you question conspiracy theories. All in all I found Nowhere Man excelled Thorn in my side, full of twist and turns, I managed to read this book in a couple of sessions. A great crime thriller with plenty to keep the reader engrossed until the last page. Yes there are a couple of mistakes, but in my opinion this in no way denotes from a original "edge of your seat" book. Like others have said I would recommend you read thorn in my side first. This book sets the scene for the 3rd instalment, and I will certainly be waiting in anticipation for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are we reading the same book?, 8 Dec. 2011
H. Cawte (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nowhere Man (Hardcover)
I found this an excellent sequel to Thorn in my Side - it's true that you have to read the first book before you read this one, but that's true of so many series. There are many mentions of events in the first book, to remind you of the beginning of the story, as well as a wonderful new group of characters who seem to be on the side of the good guys.

As for editing errors - all I can say is that they weren't in the copy I saw. Sheila uses a professional copy editor with a lot of years' experience and a very good reputation, so any errors can only have been introduced by the printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere Man, 15 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Nowhere Man (Hardcover)
This book was a brilliant follow on from Thorne in my Side could not put it down and read it in a day. Yet again a brilliant write from Shiela Quigley. Only problem now is cant wait for the next one!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars thorn in my side, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Nowhere Man (Paperback)
i've read all sheila quigly books and thought they were great she brings the characters to life.and now there are more new characters and i love them i hpoe we see a lot more of them in future books.i've just finished reading thorn in my side,wow her books get better and better iam starting the second one,nowhere man,and i will be reading the third.i just hope that it's not the end of these characters,i just hope that sheila listens to her fans, please give us more.xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere Man, 29 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Nowhere Man (Hardcover)
Yet again Sheila Quigley has excelled herself. This second instalment of the Holy Island saga had me on the edge of my seat, as did Thorn in my Side, the first story. The characters are vibrant (surely all of us know an Aunt May no matter where we live!) the story was exciting, each time you thought you had worked it out there was another twist. Definitely looking forward to the third book!