Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Price:£19.99 - £27.99+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 25 August 2014
Bought three of these for a camping trip that we have just returned from where we used them for 8 nights.
Overall very pleased with how they performed. No leaks or problems.

I measured the size as 196.5 x 63.5 x 5.6 cm. This is ignoring the seams which might account for the difference to the quoted specs.
Still a nice improvement over other beds, especially the extra thickness when taking into account the price.

As others have said takes a little while to fully inflate/relax but no more than 30 mins or so.
Personally I prefer not to blow extra air in although opinions varied in my group.
With no extra air added it will bottom out when being sat on however when you lie down it won't bottom out and is a bit softer.

I read some comments about getting these back in to the bag after use and thought it worth repeating someone else's advice on one of the reviews.

Open the valve.
Fold the bed in half and then half again.
Sit on the bed until the air stops escaping.
Close the valve.
Open out the bed and start rolling it up. I roll tightly and kneel on the rolled up bit between rolls.
When half way rolled, open the valve and continue to roll.
Close the valve when finished.

Job done! Goes in the bag with loads of space to spare.
on 30 April 2013
Bought this for scout trip. Initially it didn't self inflate but having watched a YouTube video, this is quite common. Self- inflating mattresses should be stored flat not rolled (according to the clip) to optimise self inflation so we left it flat for a couple of days and now it is self inflating very well.
on 14 September 2013
We have been using sleep mats but wanted to upgrade for a bit more comfort. I originally purchased the 6cm version for myself but got the 10cm version for my wife. On reflection I should have go this one for myself as well.
Downside: it is heavy and quite a struggle to role up. Also, when you roll it out it does self inflate but needs topping up which, because of the volume takes a lot of puff. It is expensive but it is very good quality.
Upside: it is a really good piece of kit, plenty long enough for my 6' 1'' frame and I expect it to last for years. It is good enough for house guests as an additional sleeping pad.

Conclusion; if you are a car camper and want the comfort then this is worth a look. I would certainly buy it again.
on 23 April 2014
I didn't want to believe it until I received it but this has to be the bargain of the year so far! I've spent so many hours, even days looking for a self inflating mat with decent thickness, length and good quality to it for a reasonable price and this has to win all the prizes for speed of delivery, quality of item and amazing price!! It arrived earlier today so I have it in the bedroom at present all inflated and it will stay like that for 24 hours so I can hopefully get the best out of it when inflating it in future. I let it inflate on its own for 15 minutes which it did to quite a good thickness, but topped it up with 5 puffs. So far I have spent a little time lying on it but obviously not yet put it to use in the tent. I can tell though that I'm going to have a great sleep on it as it really is 6cm thick (I measured it) so when turning over your elbows, shoulders etc shouldn't thud on the ground. It will be great for insulation from the cold also. The only thing I can find the remotest little gripe about (not a gripe really) is the surface is quite slippy so the sleeping bag may slide around a bit but nothing major. I recently bought an Outwell mat with almost the same dimensions as this one but for a lot more and the only bit about it that is better than this mat is that the Outwell one has a better non slip surface. Otherwise, this mat is just amazing for the price so I had to get this too! I may even buy another as you can never get enough bargains! To pack away simply open the valve, let as much air out as possible and then with the valve still open start folding the mat towards the valve end in small sections. When you reach the valve end close it and unfold the mat to its full length again. This time, roll the mat rather than fold towards the valve end and when around halfway there open the valve and keep rolling until you reach the end. Kneel on the rolled mat to get the excess air out then close the valve. The mat should now be nicely rolled up and once the elastic straps are on should fit perfectly in the bag. Other SIM's I've had in the past, especially the thicker ones, always pack away fine if you use this method. Thanks Ultrasport, I'm a very happy bunny!!

5th August 2014
This is an add on to my review above as since buying the mats in April I've had to return both due to them becoming defective. They had only been used half a dozen times max in the last couple of months but I noticed one of the mats losing air after only an hour of being fully inflated. Even if you topped it up it lost air again within the hour. The valve also wouldn't close off so it kept self inflating to a point after rolling it up to pack away. The second mat lost air overnight but as both mats were the 6cm ones and mainly being used as a 'topper' for a folding campbed I was still able to get some comfort from them even when deflated. However as they were not performing in the way they should I contacted Ultrasport. Initially they said they'd replace them but then I received an email saying Amazon had all their mats and no new stock was due to be delivered until October so they told me to contact Amazon instead which I did. Thankfully Amazon were great and replacement mats were delivered within 2 days of my request to them at no cost to myself. I'm hoping the new ones last longer than the previous ones as I'm quite annoyed they only got used for a very short time before developing faults. I will see how things go and report back in a few months as have quite a few camping trips ahead!
on 20 June 2013
The 'self-inflating' part does require some slight assistance, a few extra puffs gives it a little more 'body' and improves the effect.
Saying that, it is very comfortable and makes a big difference compared to sleeping straight on the ground.
It's not an easy job getting it back into the carry bag, it needs to be rolled up VERY tightly to fit and requires strong hands to do it.
Glad I bought it.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 June 2013
The 10 cm version scores highly on the most important attribute, comfort, being comparable to a regular but quite firm mattress. I slept soundly on this mat, which I don't do on a foam mat or an inflatable mattress. The non-slip finish makes it a bit more stable than a cheap inflatable, so if you don't move around too much you won't slide off. It looks reasonably robust, it's very light, and it self-inflates in seconds. The valve doesn't leak at all during a night's sleep. When folded, it's not much bigger than a foam mat, which is surprising given its generous dimensions.

The only drawback, and I guess it's the same with all self-inflatables, is that it's hard work to deflate. This is the only reason for withholding one rating star. If you have hands like bunches of bananas you should be fine, but having small hands I struggle to roll it tightly enough to expel all the air. I found that the best technique is to deflate it in stages. First roll as tightly as you can without exhausting yourself, then close the valve, unroll and roll again. The second time will be easier because the mat is now thinner. When you get near the end of the second rolling, the end of the mat will start to bulge with the last bit of trapped air, so open the valve to let the air out. Repeat until the mat is thin enough for your liking. On a good day I can get it back into the stuff sack, but sometimes I have to give up and rely on just the elastic straps that are supplied.
on 3 August 2013
I need a comfortable, supportive surface to lie on when I go camping. A roll mat simply won't suffice. I've generally used airbeds in the past, but these have the disadvantages of being somewhat bulky and having a tendency to deflate. This self-inflating mat (the 6cm depth version) was rather bulkier than I anticipated so it didn't really improve on an airbed in that respect (it rolls up like a roll mat, but is rather large and solid) but it does do away with the need to take a pump. I found it self-inflated quite well and just needed a couple of added breaths to make it comfortably inflated. It also stayed inflated throughout a ten day camping trip.

However, sleeping sideways on to a slight slope I found I was constantly having to pull myself back onto the mat throughout the night, as the surface is quite shiny. Perhaps my sleeping bag was also on the slippy side, but compared to my friend's self-inflating mat, the surface material on this offers no grip. It is a more generous size than my friend's mat, which I need at 1.78m (5' 10") tall and was available in various thicknesses - I opted for the 6cm version as I felt 3cm (like my friend's mat) wouldn't be supportive enough but 10cm might be very bulky. I couldn't feel the ground through this mat and I had none of the back discomfort I would have experienced with a roll mat.

It is quite hard work to deflate and get back into its bag, although it does also come with a couple of elastic 'bands' to keep it rolled up, which you could opt to use instead of fighting with the bag. To deflate it, I rolled the mat once and then closed the valve. I then rolled it again and opened the vlave towards the end to let the air out. I repeated this second roll (valve closed) once more and was able to get it into its bands and back into the bag.

The valve is easy to open and close (you turn it, by hand) and the mat also comes with a small piece of replacement fabric and tube of glue for repairs, should you manage to puncture your mat

Overall ratings

Comfort: 5/5
Self-inflating: 4/5
Packing/transporting: 3/5
Surface covering: 2/5

Overall, that works out at 3.5/5 which I've rounded up to 4, as it was very comfortable, inflated easily, and I will definitely be using it again.
on 5 July 2014
I ordered two mats and on first look they are large when rolled up. One self inflated but the other needed to be blown up completely, After using a blow up flocked bed for camping in the past I must admit they are nowhere near as comfy. I have boney hips found lying on my side uncomfortable on these mats. Overall, I'm not that happy with them but at the price point, couldn't see anything superior...
on 29 March 2015
Overall this mat is pretty good, for the price anyway. It seems well made and having used it for a few months now it's comfy too. I'm away from home for just over a week each month and use it regularly, sleeping well on it every time. For the price paid I'm happy. I've had other self inflating mats in the past that were MUCH more expensive and this one competes well against those from more well known names in this category. The self inflating valve seems good and strong, others I've had in the past have failed. The only reason I'm knocking it down a star is that it is fairly tedious to roll it back up again, it seems quite hard work just to get this back in the bag, you do need fairly strong hands or a good technique to get it rolled up. Overall though this last point is no reason not to buy this mat as it definitely gives a good nights sleep at a good price!!
on 10 August 2014
Very comfortable and easy to use alternative to traditional air bed. Needs some extra puffs but easy enough to do. Saves the hassle of having to use air pump. Apart from camping, probably also useful for sleepovers/ ad hoc guest bed. Extra width comfortable enough for the average size adult compared to the standard 50 ish cm offered by other mats.