5.0 out of 5 stars Great bed.
Bought three of these for a camping trip that we have just returned from where we used them for 8 nights.
Overall very pleased with how they performed. No leaks or problems.

I measured the size as 196.5 x 63.5 x 5.6 cm. This is ignoring the seams which might account for the difference to the quoted specs.
Still a nice improvement over other beds,...
Published 10 months ago by Gary M

Published 7 months ago by Mark Darwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bed., 25 Aug. 2014
Overall very pleased with how they performed. No leaks or problems.

Still a nice improvement over other beds, especially the extra thickness when taking into account the price.

As others have said takes a little while to fully inflate/relax but no more than 30 mins or so.
Personally I prefer not to blow extra air in although opinions varied in my group.
With no extra air added it will bottom out when being sat on however when you lie down it won't bottom out and is a bit softer.

I read some comments about getting these back in to the bag after use and thought it worth repeating someone else's advice on one of the reviews.

Open the valve.
Fold the bed in half and then half again.
Sit on the bed until the air stops escaping.
Close the valve.
Open out the bed and start rolling it up. I roll tightly and kneel on the rolled up bit between rolls.
When half way rolled, open the valve and continue to roll.
Close the valve when finished.

Job done! Goes in the bag with loads of space to spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Self inflating mattress, 30 April 2013
Herts_Mum "SG" (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for scout trip. Initially it didn't self inflate but having watched a YouTube video, this is quite common. Self- inflating mattresses should be stored flat not rolled (according to the clip) to optimise self inflation so we left it flat for a couple of days and now it is self inflating very well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great mat if it doesn't break. Large bubbles left it useless to use ( twice ), 24 Nov. 2014
Having read the reviews I bought one of these for myself and a cheaper version to try for my daughter which wasn't as wide. I have to say I didn't find it comfortable and went back to my blow up, however my husband really liked it and my daughter gets on well with hers. However, on our first use in July, after 2 nights we had a large bubble appear where the mat has come away from the inside and this makes it impossible to use as you are sleeping on a big lump. I had read in other reviews about this happening. I returned the mat as soon as we got back and asked for a re-placement as we were happy with the item and how it worked. Inflating was fine and it was not difficult to add a couple of extra puffs. Rolling up was fine too ( follow the roll up, do up the nozzle, unroll, roll again to the end then let the last of the air out ) packed away nicely.
Well, I quickly received another mat and was very happy, until we went away again. Same thing happened, big bubble after 3 days but in a different place. Because we hadn't had a camping trip for number of weeks after the last one it meant I couldn't return this mat, otherwise I would have gone for a full refund as its useless again. I paid £25, the cheaper mat I bought, I paid £12 for and it has been perfect, no bother at all and just as good although not as wide. Very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable mat., 20 Jun. 2013
The 'self-inflating' part does require some slight assistance, a few extra puffs gives it a little more 'body' and improves the effect.
Saying that, it is very comfortable and makes a big difference compared to sleeping straight on the ground.
It's not an easy job getting it back into the carry bag, it needs to be rolled up VERY tightly to fit and requires strong hands to do it.
Glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grey Camper finds comfort., 14 Sept. 2013
We have been using sleep mats but wanted to upgrade for a bit more comfort. I originally purchased the 6cm version for myself but got the 10cm version for my wife. On reflection I should have go this one for myself as well.
Downside: it is heavy and quite a struggle to role up. Also, when you roll it out it does self inflate but needs topping up which, because of the volume takes a lot of puff. It is expensive but it is very good quality.
Upside: it is a really good piece of kit, plenty long enough for my 6' 1'' frame and I expect it to last for years. It is good enough for house guests as an additional sleeping pad.

Conclusion; if you are a car camper and want the comfort then this is worth a look. I would certainly buy it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick to inflate, a devil to deflate, 16 Jun. 2013
The 10 cm version scores highly on the most important attribute, comfort, being comparable to a regular but quite firm mattress. I slept soundly on this mat, which I don't do on a foam mat or an inflatable mattress. The non-slip finish makes it a bit more stable than a cheap inflatable, so if you don't move around too much you won't slide off. It looks reasonably robust, it's very light, and it self-inflates in seconds. The valve doesn't leak at all during a night's sleep. When folded, it's not much bigger than a foam mat, which is surprising given its generous dimensions.

The only drawback, and I guess it's the same with all self-inflatables, is that it's hard work to deflate. This is the only reason for withholding one rating star. If you have hands like bunches of bananas you should be fine, but having small hands I struggle to roll it tightly enough to expel all the air. I found that the best technique is to deflate it in stages. First roll as tightly as you can without exhausting yourself, then close the valve, unroll and roll again. The second time will be easier because the mat is now thinner. When you get near the end of the second rolling, the end of the mat will start to bulge with the last bit of trapped air, so open the valve to let the air out. Repeat until the mat is thin enough for your liking. On a good day I can get it back into the stuff sack, but sometimes I have to give up and rely on just the elastic straps that are supplied.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but there are quality issues., 6 Oct. 2014
G. Ward (England) - See all my reviews
I've had two of these, a 5cm and a 3cm and both let me down in the same way after very little use. They both developed tiny pin hole leaks (not punctures) around where the valve attaches to the fabric of the mat. The supplied repair kit didn't result in a durable repair either. The glue is vulcanising rubber glue similar to that found in bicycle inner tube repair kits but neither the mat or the patch material is rubber so the repair is compromised from the start. A dab of super glue over the pin hole leaks worked much better.

The outer material of my 3cm mat has also started to seperate from the inner foam resulting in bubbles when inflated.

On the positive side both mats are very comfortable and provided good thermal insulation when it was needed. The very fact the mats are two metres long is an advantage in itself for us tall blokes, there are suprisingly few around that long. The mat is a little on the heavy side (1.4kg for the 3cm and 2.6kg for the 5cm) but if we want superlight we have to put our hands in our pockets and pay for it.

Overall these mats are ok but I've experienced some quality and durability problems with mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Far more comfortable than you'd expect, 23 Jun. 2013
Leigh (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I opted to buy one of these as opposed to an airbed due to the extra insulation. I was initially somewhat skeptical that a 10cm inflated mat would be comfortable, and yet it was extraordinarily comfy (and warm!) for three nights of camping, although it's probably worth mentioning that I prefer a firm mattress, generally. It inflates itself very quickly (less than ten minutes), and unlike some other reviewers, I had no issues inflating it for the first time. Every morning I re-inflated it a little, as it did lose a bit of air overnight, but nothing significant. Deflating it was simple too, although, like others, I've not been able to return it to its carry bag, as I can quite roll it up tight enough. However, it comes with two broad elastic bands which keep it rolled up so the bag isn't really necessary. I was expecting to have a stiff back for my entire trip and yet I woke up every morning feeling great. This mat would also be just fine as a guest mattress at home.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but a bit slippy, 3 Aug. 2013
I need a comfortable, supportive surface to lie on when I go camping. A roll mat simply won't suffice. I've generally used airbeds in the past, but these have the disadvantages of being somewhat bulky and having a tendency to deflate. This self-inflating mat (the 6cm depth version) was rather bulkier than I anticipated so it didn't really improve on an airbed in that respect (it rolls up like a roll mat, but is rather large and solid) but it does do away with the need to take a pump. I found it self-inflated quite well and just needed a couple of added breaths to make it comfortably inflated. It also stayed inflated throughout a ten day camping trip.

However, sleeping sideways on to a slight slope I found I was constantly having to pull myself back onto the mat throughout the night, as the surface is quite shiny. Perhaps my sleeping bag was also on the slippy side, but compared to my friend's self-inflating mat, the surface material on this offers no grip. It is a more generous size than my friend's mat, which I need at 1.78m (5' 10") tall and was available in various thicknesses - I opted for the 6cm version as I felt 3cm (like my friend's mat) wouldn't be supportive enough but 10cm might be very bulky. I couldn't feel the ground through this mat and I had none of the back discomfort I would have experienced with a roll mat.

It is quite hard work to deflate and get back into its bag, although it does also come with a couple of elastic 'bands' to keep it rolled up, which you could opt to use instead of fighting with the bag. To deflate it, I rolled the mat once and then closed the valve. I then rolled it again and opened the vlave towards the end to let the air out. I repeated this second roll (valve closed) once more and was able to get it into its bands and back into the bag.

The valve is easy to open and close (you turn it, by hand) and the mat also comes with a small piece of replacement fabric and tube of glue for repairs, should you manage to puncture your mat

Overall ratings

Comfort: 5/5
Self-inflating: 4/5
Packing/transporting: 3/5
Surface covering: 2/5

Overall, that works out at 3.5/5 which I've rounded up to 4, as it was very comfortable, inflated easily, and I will definitely be using it again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best..., 5 July 2014
I ordered two mats and on first look they are large when rolled up. One self inflated but the other needed to be blown up completely, After using a blow up flocked bed for camping in the past I must admit they are nowhere near as comfy. I have boney hips found lying on my side uncomfortable on these mats. Overall, I'm not that happy with them but at the price point, couldn't see anything superior...