Colour Name: Blue|Change
Price:£149.00+ Free shipping

on 17 February 2013
I bought this for several reasons:

It can take a 32GB SD card as well as the 8GB solid state memory in the phone. The internal memory shows as an SSD card and the external SSD shows as a directory under the main SSD, Simple enough.

It's got a nippy dual core processor - to get to quad core was more money unless you go for a Nexus but then you loose out on the SSD

The screen is big but not too big. I use Anquet maps when out walking so this is ideal

It is 4G compatible so when the price of 4G becomes acceptable I can take advantage

I wanted good sound and this has Beats Audio. The Beats Audio is disappointing and distorts at high volume. I have found the quality to far better by disabling Beats Audio and using the Equalizer App from the Play Store.

Being HTC, it has a quality, solid feel to it. This is my third HTC phone. I love 'em.

If you want to play Phone Top Trumps them I'm sure you can find better screen resolution or a faster processor or more memory but this has acceptable specs in all these areas for a mid range smart phone.
on 28 March 2013
I have now had my One SV for 2 months. Most phones do have something that's not right but for this it actually is. Not heavy, quick good battery life for a HTC device (and I have had a few!).
I chose the SV over the X for two main reasons. The battery is not fixed on the SV and can be removed and its 4g ready. The other good point is the screen size, 4.3 is big enough to even watch TV but it does not make the device to bulky (like the s3 or the note2). It fits nicely in your hand and has a very nice smooth touch screen.
The only issue I had, which was a HTC Sence 4 issue was the GPS would not work. However after an update this problem was gone.

Its a good mid to high end phone which has a good place in the current phone marke and at a good price.

Would I recommend? yes I would.
on 23 January 2014
I had a HTC One V before (which broke, no fault of the phone itself). That was good, but this is better addressing the bits of the one v which were annoying. The SV has:
Removable battery
Removable micro SD
forward facing camera
multi tabs on the internet.
Like the other One phones it has:
an awesome camera- more speedy than any others, can take mid action shots.
its not too big, but you can happily watch films etc on it.
This is such a good 'phone' (I have made one phone call on it!)
on 3 May 2013
upgraded from an HTC Desire HD, following an unfortunate accident.
THe new phone battery life is around three days instead of two.
It's lighter than my old phone. Screen sizes are the same. Case dimentions are close, but a new slip case was required.
I prefered the E-mail browser on he old phone. To get just unread mail you have to switch to a different filter and back to the "unread mail" filter,
On th plus side the new phone has 8gig built in ,plus interna memory, which is just under one gig. It has an SD slot and I've added 32gig. It also has a much more recent version of Android, wheras the Desire HD can't be upgraded beyond 2.xx.
Generally, in use, it is much the same as the old phone.
Basically, its not wrth upgrading from the excellent HTC Desire HD if you already have one, but if you are choosing between them the newer HTC One SV LTE is worth the difference in price, currently around an exta £50.00
on 20 February 2013
Its mid range so is lower than the htc one, I got this phone the same time as my girlfriend got a samsung GS11 and we both agree this phone is the better one, nice design and solid build. Very happy because it is also 4G compatible so when 4G tariffs go down in the future I can simple upgrade. See full spec - [...]
on 23 April 2013
HTC quality is second to nobody. Amazingly sturdy.... not like a samsung

Pros: device is smooth and responsive in every circumstancies

Cons: screen resolution
on 29 July 2013
I got this phone as a present and absolutely loved it. Very stylish, thin and cool. It has lots of apps and is lots of fun to be with. I totally recommend this phone to any considering it, for anyone who doesn't want n iPhone or a Blackerry or anything too over the top. This phone is very rare and is very useful. Stylish and just the irhgt price. Buy it!
on 12 July 2013
I work in a phone store so naturally I know allot about phones.
I went froma note 2 to this phone and I haven't looked back, if you want a very well built andrid phone that isn't too big then this is it... and the beats audio ? That is amazing, will stick with HTC I think as I'm into my music
on 23 May 2013
Brilliant phone, does what is required. If you want an all singing all dancing phone....then spend 500 plus !!!!!

This phone does it all, may be a little slower, but that is fine, the octogenarian is in no hurry
on 14 May 2013
i love my phone! i was going to buy a samsung and couldn't decide between it and the htc sv one, but my daughter has an htc and it was her second, so i have it, my window on the world easy to set up htc goes through the process with you as to what you want to do and there you have it. i use my phone instead of my laptop(but i couldn't replace that)its just the best phone i have bought so far, i am on sim only contracts because i like that control so buying my own handset is very important!