5.0 out of 5 stars A solid choice., 16 Mar 2013
C. M. Lewin - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC One SV LTE Sim Free Smartphone - White (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
This phone is pretty fast, it has a Krait dual-core in it, which is a good'n. The phone looks GREAT and feels wonderful in hand. Screen is bright, colours are vibrant, pictures look rather lovely. Text is not as sharp as it could be. I only really notice when I look at the screen on my sister's iPhone 5.

The loud speaker is very loud which is great for hands free and knowing when it's ringing. Beats audio is included and with earphones it sounds really good. I have listened to music with and without the beats audio and it certainly makes a difference.

I currently use lightening launcher but the HTC launcher is nice; smooth and with some widgets I don't care about. Not all the stuff HTC puts on this phone can be frozen, a lot of stuff can't be but wont bother 99% of people.

The HTC keyboard I found annoying because they put the button that accesses numbers and symbols on the right-hand side when all other android keyboards have it on the left. I just downloaded another and it's fine..

Beats audio works with other music apps from the market. Music controls appear on the lock screen when music is playing.

Web browsing is very good and fluid and fast. Really a pleasure to use coming from my older android device. The 1gb of ram is most welcome and I think it helps a lot.

Wifi strength is very good, I am a little bit surprised how good it is. In an area of my house, which would have gotten 1 bar on my old nexus s, orange san diego and motorola milestone, this gets full or almost full bars. The other ones would drop the signal every few minutes because of the varying signal strength of my families crappy router. The HTC hasn't dropped once.

Grand theft auto 3 runs great. There's no lag at all.

There is a notification led built into the grill at the top, it is not visible when off. It goes orange when charging and green when charged. It also flashes orange when you run very low on battery. It also notifies of texts and missed calls and emails maybe other stuff, I dunno.

Update: The phone asked me today if I wanted to update to Jellybean, which I did, and it seems to run well and now has a new power saving feature; it decreases cpu, automatic brightness levels, turns the vibration feedback of the hardware keys off and cuts all data whenever the screen is turned off (after a delay). You can chose what functions you want or just turn the whole thing off.

Update: I did a factory reset and the jellybean update seems to have put the keyboard number and symbols button on the normal side of the keyboard.

This is unlikely to be an issue but if you experience constant switching between normal 3g internet and the faster "H" or "H+" and you want to stop this, the secret android codes for disabling "H" or "H+" have been disabled on this phone as far as I am aware. I'm with T-mobile and they seem to switch very aggressively between the two and unfortunately the internet stops while the switching takes place. My front room seems to be right on the border resulting in almost constant switching back and forth between the two. I've not read about many other people complaining about this and most phones probably have the codes disabled as well. But for me it was an issue. I sold the htc one sv and bought a galaxy s3 which allows the faster internet to be disabled. No switching at all now, just constant 3g where I live. I couldn't live with just using 2g in my front room and other locations. It maybe a t-mobile issue mainly as I have read that they switch very aggressively to try and save battery on the users phone and location is a very big factor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, 17 Feb 2013
I bought this for several reasons:

It can take a 32GB SD card as well as the 8GB solid state memory in the phone. The internal memory shows as an SSD card and the external SSD shows as a directory under the main SSD, Simple enough.

It's got a nippy dual core processor - to get to quad core was more money unless you go for a Nexus but then you loose out on the SSD

The screen is big but not too big. I use Anquet maps when out walking so this is ideal

It is 4G compatible so when the price of 4G becomes acceptable I can take advantage

I wanted good sound and this has Beats Audio. The Beats Audio is disappointing and distorts at high volume. I have found the quality to far better by disabling Beats Audio and using the Equalizer App from the Play Store.

Being HTC, it has a quality, solid feel to it. This is my third HTC phone. I love 'em.

If you want to play Phone Top Trumps them I'm sure you can find better screen resolution or a faster processor or more memory but this has acceptable specs in all these areas for a mid range smart phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars just about right, 28 Mar 2013
I have now had my One SV for 2 months. Most phones do have something that's not right but for this it actually is. Not heavy, quick good battery life for a HTC device (and I have had a few!).
I chose the SV over the X for two main reasons. The battery is not fixed on the SV and can be removed and its 4g ready. The other good point is the screen size, 4.3 is big enough to even watch TV but it does not make the device to bulky (like the s3 or the note2). It fits nicely in your hand and has a very nice smooth touch screen.
The only issue I had, which was a HTC Sence 4 issue was the GPS would not work. However after an update this problem was gone.

Its a good mid to high end phone which has a good place in the current phone marke and at a good price.

Would I recommend? yes I would.

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly awesome. Addresses the issues of the One V., 23 Jan 2014
I had a HTC One V before (which broke, no fault of the phone itself). That was good, but this is better addressing the bits of the one v which were annoying. The SV has:
Removable battery
Removable micro SD
forward facing camera
multi tabs on the internet.
Like the other One phones it has:
an awesome camera- more speedy than any others, can take mid action shots.
its not too big, but you can happily watch films etc on it.
This is such a good 'phone' (I have made one phone call on it!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant, 23 April 2013
HTC quality is second to nobody. Amazingly sturdy.... not like a samsung

Pros: device is smooth and responsive in every circumstancies

Cons: screen resolution

5.0 out of 5 stars This is not a update from the HTC one., 20 Feb 2013
Its mid range so is lower than the htc one, I got this phone the same time as my girlfriend got a samsung GS11 and we both agree this phone is the better one, nice design and solid build. Very happy because it is also 4G compatible so when 4G tariffs go down in the future I can simple upgrade. See full spec - [...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Another HTC that's easy to use, 10 Dec 2013
I purchased the HTC One as an upgrade from my HTC Wildfire and it's proven to be a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy!, 29 July 2013
I got this phone as a present and absolutely loved it. Very stylish, thin and cool. It has lots of apps and is lots of fun to be with. I totally recommend this phone to any considering it, for anyone who doesn't want n iPhone or a Blackerry or anything too over the top. This phone is very rare and is very useful. Stylish and just the irhgt price. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, 12 July 2013
I work in a phone store so naturally I know allot about phones.
I went froma note 2 to this phone and I haven't looked back, if you want a very well built andrid phone that isn't too big then this is it... and the beats audio ? That is amazing, will stick with HTC I think as I'm into my music

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 May 2013
upgraded from an HTC Desire HD, following an unfortunate accident.
THe new phone battery life is around three days instead of two.
It's lighter than my old phone. Screen sizes are the same. Case dimentions are close, but a new slip case was required.
I prefered the E-mail browser on he old phone. To get just unread mail you have to switch to a different filter and back to the "unread mail" filter,
On th plus side the new phone has 8gig built in ,plus interna memory, which is just under one gig. It has an SD slot and I've added 32gig. It also has a much more recent version of Android, wheras the Desire HD can't be upgraded beyond 2.xx.
Generally, in use, it is much the same as the old phone.
Basically, its not wrth upgrading from the excellent HTC Desire HD if you already have one, but if you are choosing between them the newer HTC One SV LTE is worth the difference in price, currently around an exta £50.00