5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance for the price
Fast, well built, and MOST IMPORTANTLY reliable. Works fine within my EOS 6D DSLR and provides the following performance when benched within ATTO. Note that you need a UHS-I equipped reader/device to obtain these speeds.

Write: 55,4MB/sec
Read: 83.3MB/sec

Published 14 months ago by Mr. A. G. Orwell

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty goods TWICE
Published 2 months ago by MR G J PRICE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance for the price, 23 May 2013

Write: 55,4MB/sec
Read: 83.3MB/sec

It may not be quite as fast as the Sandisk Extreme Pro cards which sell for more than twice the money, but it is certainly significantly faster than the Sandisk Extreme "Non-Pro" 45MB/sec cards which sell for about the same price, and which I already own several of.

edit: Above benchmarks were taken on my HP laptop's native SD reader. I re-ran the tests on my desktop using a Kingston USB3.0 card reader (via USB3.0 port) and obtained even better results.

Write: 65,7MB/sec
Read: 91.4MB/sec

I have added both ATTO benchmark screenshots to the Amazon "Customer images" section. Hopefully everyone can see it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value SDHC card, 21 Jun 2012
Parka (Singapore) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I was a little apprehensive about buying this card because it was stated that this is a Class 10 as well as a UHS-1 card.

In the fine print on the packaging, it actually says the maximum speed requires UHS-1 compatible device. This is important to note.

The maximum official speed is stated to be 85MB/s. And Class 10 speed is 10MB/s.

While I'm using this on a Panasonic GH2, I'm getting performance that is significantly faster than my previous Transcend Class 10 SD card. However, the GH2's camera limit for writing is around 45MB/s. So I wasn't getting the full advantage of the Transcend card on that camera.

I also tried it on other cameras. From the performance I'm seeing, this card is quite fast. Performance difference compared to the SanDisk 95MB/s card which I also have is not huge. However, the price of the SanDisk is much higher.

So overall, this is Transcend SDHC card is really worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little card, not quite as quick as the 32GB version though, 26 July 2013
D. CRAIG "The Editor" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
I'm getting 23MB/s write and 74MB/s read on a Lexar USB3 reader
The 32GB gets 32 and 74.

P.S. My advice is - don't take the labels off.
I have a set of 8x Class 10 cards and peeled off the annoying labels to number the cards, as there no space on the top face of a Transcend to write anything. One card failed mechanically and they are insisting that I've broken the warranty agreement. Silly buggers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 11 April 2014
Flaco "flacolito" (Maidstone, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I recently purchased some SDHC cards (all 32GB, Class 10, UHS-1) from Amazon and opted to go for different brands rather than put all my eggs in one basket. Having read various posts about counterfeit/hacked cards on the market, I've decided to start testing any new cards I get before using them in my camera. To do that, I use H2testw (vers. 1.4) available directly from http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html

My test set up is an Integral USB 3.0 Super Speed Card Reader, connected via an Inateck 4-port USB 3.0 hub to my PC on a USB port. The system motherboard is a P8H61-M LE/USB3 with an Intel H61 chipset. My system is on the slow side, there are faster card readers out there and connecting via the USB hub is not optimal either, so the card speed figures have to be considered in light of that. In short, the cards are some degree faster than my tests can show, but in practical terms results are also going to vary widely depending on which equipment you use them for.

The H2testw app fills the cards with a series of identical files approximately 1GB in size during which the write speed of the card is measured, and then verifies the file integrity during which the read speed is gauged. All of the cards filled without problem and the results are below (MB = Megabytes): -

Transcend ‘Ultimate 600x’ (£16-17)
Available space on card 29.9GB
Write: 23.9 MB/s, 21mins 22secs
Read: 77.3 MB/s, 6 mins 35 secs
Note: only SDHC card I have ever bought which does not come with its own little storage case.
Access to Transcend ‘RecoveRx’ image retrieval software download.

Integral ‘UltimaPro’ (£16)
Available space on card 29.5GB
Write: 17.9 MB/s, 28mins 9secs
Read: 77.4 MB/s, 6mins 30secs

Integral ‘UltimaPro X’ (£31-32)
Available space on card 29.6GB
Write: 36.4 MB/s, 13mins 55secs
Read: 77.9 MB/s, 6mins 30secs

Lexar ‘Pro 400x’ (£20-21)
Available space on card 29.8GB
Write: 27.9 MB/s, 18mins 13secs
Read: 64.1 MB/s, 7mins 56secs
Access to Lexar ‘Image Rescue 4’ software download with password provided in packaging.

Note: in a test I read elsewhere (UK Hardware), the Lexar Pro 400x cards were just as fast at 5MB and 10GB file writing and reading as their Pro 600x versions. Given the price difference between the two, the choice should be obvious but it would be interesting to see if 600x version users have any further info to offer on both cards.

All the above cards easily met or exceeded their 'guaranteed' Class 10 and provide the expected capacity, so I am happy that I have not fallen foul of fake/counterfeit items. In comparing them, I am more interested in the write speeds personally, and looking at the results it seems that price differences between them are pretty much based on that factor. The Transcend comes out best in terms of £-write speed ratio with the Lexar coming close behind it. It's difficult not to view the Transcend as the obvious bargain but everyone has their own preferences for brands. In my case I've always been quite keen on the performance and reliability of Micron products (Lexar, Crucial) so I'm happy to pay the extra and I ordered two of the Lexar 400x cards, but if Transcend is your preferred option, happy days!

If I find the time I'd be interested to run more tests with specific focus on how the cards actually perform in my Lumix G6. Any comments or pointers greatly welcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but good quality and never had one fail., 13 May 2013
I have been using 8 / 16GB Transcend SD cards in my DSLR's for the last 3-4 years now. Given the cheap price I have no complaints at all and they have all served me well, without a single failure. I decided to try a couple of the Ultra High Speed cards to see if there was any noticeable write speed increase, and the speed difference is noticeable over the standard "high speed" Class 10 cards. The buffer now clears quicker allowing for more shots, which is good with Dragonfly season almost upon us! I'd have no hesitation in recommending these to anyone looking for a good quality and fast SD card for photography.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty goods TWICE, 27 April 2014
I have used Transcend a lot in the past and always had a good experience. I purchased a 64gb and a 128gb card on this occasion.The 64gb is fine with no problems. The 128gb however, only showed space of 80gb when I received it. I returned for a replacement which came and appeared to have the full space on it. I used it once and when I went to use it again - it too only showec 80gb space and despite re-formatting I could not get the full space back. So either this is a faulty batch or there is something wrong with the transcend 128gb cards in general. I am getting a refund this time and Amazon said they would investigate this supplier more.
If you do buy this item - check the size on delivery and after first use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent !, 21 Jan 2013
I bought this to my canon 650D and it can hold up to 4000 photos (JPEG).
With hight transfer speeds, class 10, UHS1 makes this product a bargain
I advise this card to any photographer !

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine. Don't Spend More Than You Need To., 23 July 2014
A. KENYON-SMITH "The Amazonian" (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
I always advise people who ask, that they may as well buy the lowest priced memory cards available (based on what size storage they require of course). More than 85% of ALL secure digital cards sold worldwide are made in one of three huge factories in China. The well known brands simply stick their own logo on them after buying them in from these factories, literally by the millions.

This was the cheapest 16GB Class 10 I could find at the time, and it's still working just as well as other cards costing three and four times as much. At the end of the day, all secure digital memory cards are solid state logic, i.e. none of them have any moving parts inside. HINT: If anyone has a memory card which does seem to go wrong, just wipe the brass contacts with a clean dry lint-free cloth and give it another go. Most only ever "fail" because there's a few greasy fingerprints or a bit of dust on the contacts.

5.0 out of 5 stars A camera must!, 6 May 2014
Great card for my DSLR camera. I'm using a Sony A77 and haven't come across any problems as yet. Stores a lot of images. Haven't used it for shooting movies but i'm sure it can work fine with what is thrown at it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says, 3 Sep 2013
I love he frustration free packaging, and of course the product, it's in my Sony HX300. Packaging as I said is great no trying to break open the plastic case (if you have ever seen, curb you enthusiasm you will now what I mean!)