5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy
Published 19 months ago by Chardy

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty useless for mobile phones
Pretty useless for mobile phones.

This contraption may be useful for cameras, perhaps. But I bought it to use for my Galaxy Note 3, and the grip is too small for the phone. You'd think they would have had enough imagination to make the grip resizable to fit a large range of phone sizes, but nope. It also doesn't work in portrait mode, which is bizarre...
Published 17 days ago by Artist

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, 3 Jun 2013
I acquired Monkeegrip few days ago, since then I always take it with. I use it mainly with my iPhone 4S, but I've tried it with my girl friend's Galaxy S3 Mini and also a 3G iphone, iphone 4 and the iphone 5. Solid and functional, it arises and clings almost anywhere and the possibilities are truly unlimited due to the flexible but sturdy feet. Judging the quality of manufacture, it will easily last several years. This is a good small tripod that I would strongly recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars MONKEEGRIP, 8 May 2013
I was originally looking for a Gorilla-pod but was shocked when I saw the price of them. I am usually cautious when I see 'cheaper' alternatives of things, but this is the exception!

It's got flexible, rigid, foam legs which is easy to wrap tightly around things and holds steadily. It also has a quick-release plate with an universal screw to attach your camera to.

I will be spending many an hour recording some crazy footage using this tripod! (mainly downhill mountain biking and skateboarding)

NOTE: Make sure you check the weight of the camera you want to attach, as this product holds a maximum weight of 800g.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent combination, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: KitVision Large Monkee Grip Flexible Foam Tripod with Phone Holder and Quick Release Plate Compatible with Smartphones and DSLR Cameras - Black (Accessory)
There are two parts to this kit: (i) the phone holder and (ii) the tripod. They are both excellent.

The phone holder will comfortably open wide enough to 65 mm. The gripping surfaces are rubber and hold the phone securely and without risk of damage to the phone.

The tripod is surprisingly good. I actually prefer it to the gorilla type flexible tripod. The legs are very flexible and feel as if they are going to last for several years. Just for fun I've wrapped it around both horizontal and vertical fence posts and it's gripped perfectly and held my mobile securely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad But Wish It Had A Replaceable Phone Mount !!, 12 Oct 2014
J. Choudhry (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Been using this tripod for a while now. I picked this one up over the Jobi tripod because this one is offered with longer legs and that is ideal for my YouTube channel videos. So far I have shot many many videos with it and I like it. However no one product is perfect so let's point the cons briefly.

1. I use my HTC One M8 to shoot videos. M8 has a total width of 70.6 mm and it fits perfectly in the phone mount. However if you have a phone wider then that like for instance Galaxy S5 ( 72.5 mm ),LG G3 ( 74.6 mm ),Xperia Z2 or Z3 ( 73.3 & 72 mm respectively ) then you won't be able to fit it in the phone mount. iPhones up to iPhone 6 should all fit well apart from the iPhone 6 plus ( 77.8 mm ).

2. I couldnt find any bigger phone mounts to replace the one which comes with the stand. I asked this question in the FAQ section but no one replied meaning it doesn't exist and its very frustrating. Wish they had a bigger phone mount and I would have given the product 5 stars.

Other then that it works perfectly fine. Legs are flexible enough and made of high quality material. Everything else is bolted perfectly well with enough adjustments to use it as your daily driver. It's portable enough to take it with you in your rucksack or bag. All in all a decent tripod. Recommended !!( for the right equipment )

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item, great price, highly recommend., 1 Aug 2014
Much cheaper than some of the big brands of this item and does the job great. we took it on holiday with us so that myself and my partner could have photos of us both with the landscapes of where we went included.

The legs are long enough to wrap around almost anything, and their study enough for example, if you want to set it on a rock to stand up right. The only slight fault we could see what the screw for the swivel head, it was a bit loose and couldn't be tightened up any further, so if there had been a strong wind, it may have swiveled the angle of the camera / phone attached.

All in all a great item and at a great price, and would be happy to recommend to anyone not wanting to buy the more expensive versions of this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, very handy to have in the rucksack but ..., 4 Sep 2014
Paul Richards - See all my reviews
Works great, very handy to have in the rucksack but takes a little effort to use it.

Positives: Very stable, flexible legs grip very strongly and are long enough to suit most situations, holds camera in almost any angle position that you could need, feet are soft so don't slip or scratch.

Negatives: Attaching to the camera can be a little awkward because you need to attach the quick release fitting first. The quick release fitting adds noticeable bulk to the camera so not ideal to leave on all the time, tripod is awkward to carry and surprisingly heavy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 24 Aug 2013
Having bought a cheap phone grip for a tripod before, it was safe to say that I was not optimistic about the combined package. But I was wrong. Phone grips securely and the holder attaches firmly to the supplies tripod or to the Joby gorillapod.

If you want to use your smartphone (or camera if you remove the attachment) to take videos, the tripod will serve you well...and you don't have to worry about watching helplessly as your phone takes a tumble (which happened to me with a different make).

I'd buy again and have recommended to friends and family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, 19 Nov 2014
It was a very tight squeeze to get my Samsung Galaxy S4 in the holder, so much so that I decided to take it apart and snip off the ends of the springs that springload it. This made the springs slightly smaller, giving it more room to open up and is now pretty darn good.

The standard tripod attachment for a regular camera is good too. It has a quick release mechanism, though with my Canon 1100D mounted on it (not a heavy camera, certainly under the recommended usable weight of 800gms) it appears a little flimsy, and if you tilt it to too great an angle it looks like it might fall over, though it doesn't.

I'd give this 5 out of 5 except for the small rubber tab/flap to open up the springloaded holder. It's a little small and fiddly, and also looks like it might break after little use, or after some time when it gets old and perishes.

All in all, very happy with this purchase. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars great thing, 5 Jan 2014
Read a lot of reviews for this on and analogues. Bought it and simply happy. Fantastic alternative to conventional tripods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with it!, 2 Jun 2014
Vernon (n/a, n/a Ireland) - See all my reviews
I really like this as the 3 legs can be wrapped around pretty much any object (i often use my couch arm) so it's easy to get the angle you want.
The design of the iphone attachment is very simple and it only takes around 2 seconds to snap it in.

Does what I need. Would recommend.