Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 15 March 2014
Bloom is an easy read book with some great characters and concepts. The workings behind the power system is one I had not come across before and that really gave it an interesting spin. The characters were fun, if a bit stereotyped and two dimensional at times. The story itself while ok plays fairly by the numbers.

The real issue with the book is with its flow. You will be reading concentrated, really pulled into the scene, really enjoying it, when.... SAY WHAT?!?!! Something so jarring will just slam on the brakes and push you right out of the story. At times it might be a characters complete 180 take on a situation, or an action scene that fizzles, or a piece if the story that goes straight into a brick wall. There are quite a few that just stop the story from flowing properly and naturally.

Having said that the book is free, and fun, so download it and give it a go yourself!
on 22 April 2014
Reminiscent of "X-Men" this debut novel is furiously fast-paced and exciting. Taken on a thrilling adventure into the unknown, BLOOM transported me into the heart of a fantastic fantasy world wrought with danger at every turn. The nail-biting, fervent intensity of the sweeping storyline is brilliantly executed and ideal for boys and younger readers seeking spunky character-driven tales. The dramatic fighting scenes were startlingly vivid, as though written for a movie adaptation {as I could clearly envisage the unfolding events}.
However, despite the compelling drama in which two teenagers {gifted with extraordinary abilities/ superpowers} I felt that the narrative was somewhat bland and lacking in depth. There was little substance to the storyline or world-building to authenticate the fantasy world which the author had created hence making it somewhat far-fetched. Given the nature of the `superhero' storyline one naturally expects a certain amount of eccentricity, and yet there was a lack of profundity to support the story so as to spark my imagination.

I was excited as to the premise of this book and so expectations were high, as a fan of fantasy fiction and the YA genre. Sadly I was left feeling deflated as to the simplistic style and content, with dialogue and non-stop action overpowering the plot {the foundations/ concept of the novel underneath}. Targeted towards teens; the two characters who embark on a perilous path to `save humanity' will appeal greatly to fans of Alex Rider and Artemis Fowl books.

A P Kensey's debut BLOOM takes you on a hazardous quest of super abilities and sinister secrets. It is a light, fun read that's well written but which could have been better and so in my honest opinion I felt regrettably dejected. I would like to thank the author for kindly providing me with an e-copy of her novel to read and provide a non-biased review on.

2.5 Stars
on 3 June 2014
Really enjoyed the story line so far
Looking forward to watching some of the characters grow and seeing how some even bond
on 16 August 2014
Enjoyed this book so much that I bought the trilogy (and it's very rare I pay for books).
There were twists and turns, things happened that you didn't want to happen. So very well described, you could easily envisage it being a movie. An easy read without being simplistic.
One of those real gems to find as a freebie!
on 8 May 2014
A clever tale spinning science fiction closely with every day lives. Classic good vs evil with several twists along the way. Detailed descriptions bring the characters to life, looking forward to reading the follow-up books.
on 2 May 2014
Lives are about family and friendships and how they intertwine this keeps you on the edge wanting to know whats coming next and you dont want them to make the wrong choices so I guess you cant wait for the next book !
on 28 March 2014
I'd say the best way to describe the book would be a cross between X-Men and Divergent. Could do with being a bit longer but it's free. I've bought the second book and no doubt I will the third. Happy days.
on 19 May 2014
I loved this book, I'm a massive Eoin Colder fan and this book reminds me of his style of story. It had me hooked from start to end and I'm currently downloading the second in the series as I write.
on 15 March 2014
Had not read this author's work before. It held my attention all the way through I loved it and will be reading more of this trilogy in the future I found it very well paced.
on 28 April 2014
Brilliant story and plot. Have downloaded second book and cant wait to read more. Thanks for providing free and encouraging to read more of this author