4.0 out of 5 stars Robust batteries that work well for high drain devices
I bought a pack of these to compare with the regular eneloop's
These Mignon cells are designed for high power drain devices (digital cameras, and esp flashes) and indeed I found improved re-cycle times on the flashguns I use them in.

There are a few pros and cons though
Published 9 months ago by Mr Baz

2.0 out of 5 stars 500 Charge Cycles!
So they probably are good batteries. Powerful and they retain their charge. However, it is not made abundantly clear, at least anywhere I can see, on the product page that they have a downside.

It seems that to get the extra power of 2450mAh, there is a sacrifice made in the amount of charge cycles these batteries can handle.

I was dissapointed when...
Published 6 months ago by Broddr

4.0 out of 5 stars Robust batteries that work well for high drain devices, 3 April 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sanyo eneloop HR-3UWXB-4BP AA Mignon Batteries 2450 mAh (Pack of 4) (Accessory)
I bought a pack of these to compare with the regular eneloop's

There are a few pros and cons though
The advantage of these cells are they will last a bit longer than normal good quality AA's (Ni-MH), and they can operate in quite low temperatures without the performance falling apart (evidently as low as -20) I have used them in the cold but not to that level (no problems were seen)

They do hold a charge well as stated 85% after a year, I see no reason to doubt that figure. I don't usually store cells like this for ages but they didn't seem to lose any significant charge after a few months not being used.
On the downside the estimated lifespan is around 500 charges, and they are fairly expensive. The latest generation of normal white eneloops can last for up to up to 1800 re-charge cycles.

On balance, I think the normal eneloops are a better overall buy (there are some others that make a good battery though)
Esp suitable for flash users who want improved flash performance, for most other users the standard ones are a better buy.

Good product though, 4 starts misses out on a 5 due to price and lower life span

5.0 out of 5 stars No other battery comes close, 2 April 2014
have you ever recharged a battery, put it away for a while and found it flat when needed? Not so with these batteries.. Have you found some high demand devices not turn on with fully charged batteries, well not so with these.
I have had several sets of these with the oldest dated early 2012 and still going strong. Not some thing I can proudly state about the competitors batteries I have used from both known brands and unknown brands.

For example one set of batteries will easily give 2 full days walking from my Garmin Dakota 20 GPS. The same task with alkali batteries will require 2=3 sets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best rechargeable AA battery I have found, 6 Feb. 2014
I need these batteries for a chip recognising cat-flap. This places high demands on AA batteries and having tried several popular alternatives Sanyo Eneloop are by far the most effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 17 Mar. 2014
I recently bought a new bridge camera that requires 4 x AA cells. I tried using old NiMH batteries which work fine in my old bridge camera but they were not reliable in the new camera. The 4 alkaline cells supplied with the camera were reliable but had a very short life and would have proved to be a very expensive and inconvenient as I needed the camera on a long holiday abroad.

I decided to power the camera with new NiMH cells and after reading reviews on eneloop batteries I opted to spend a little extra on the HR-3UWXB-4BP cells.

The batteries arrived well within the estimated delivery time and were charged when received. I fitted them to the camera and it powered up without any problems and I took a few test shots just to be confident they would continue to supply the required current.

I have since been away on holiday and used the camera for hundreds of shots and suffered no battery problems at all. Most days I did a rough calculation of usage and recharged the cells for an appropriate time. The odd day I forgot to recharge them and they still had enough power to see me through.

In my view these batteries are of very high quality and have performed perfectly and I would highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best batteries for a high power bike light, 18 Feb. 2014
Bought these to replace the rubbish '2600mAh' batteries that came with my Phillips safelite, and they are absolutely brilliant. They last four times longer than the standard rechargeables and hold a charge brilliantly even when it's below freezing out. No need to worry about the light dying halfway through a woodland night ride, and they even seem to charge faster than my old batteries!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanyo eneloop HR-3UWXB-4BP AA Mignon Batteries, 27 Mar. 2014
Mr. Gordon Downie (Stoke-on-Trent, England) - See all my reviews
Very good batteries that hold their charge well I use them in my flash gun and they last longer between charges than any other batteries I've used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good batteries, 22 Feb. 2014
I've tried them once in a headlamp that is very heavy on batteries and they lasted a lot longer than any others I've used

5.0 out of 5 stars Reiiable, 16 Feb. 2014
Had several other makes of rechargeable batteries in the past, I am now using what I believe are the best. Reliable when I swap them over in my camera. Excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, high capacity, 4 Feb. 2014
Gary White "gwhitegeog" (Fulham, London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
My initial thoughts on these batteries are favourable. High capacity 'third generation' NiMH rechargeable batteries - little memory effect and hold their charge for a year or more. Worth the investment

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for external flash, 3 Dec. 2013
Bought these to power my Canon 430EX II speedlite. They arrived full charged as advertised (well at least I think they were full charged, if not then they are even better). The flash is ready almost instantly (maybe 1 second or less) after turning on, and has no problem firing the flash repeatedly. I have taken a ridiculous number of pictures using the flash and still not had to recharge them yet. Best rechargeable batteries I've ever had, more than happy to recommend.