5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Reviews!
Published 20 months ago by carlosnightman

1.0 out of 5 stars Caused chemical-like burns
I bought Active-Fit Pampers when my son started moving around, as I was finding that the nappy we used at the time was becoming bunched around the inside leg and was prone to leaking.

Published on 27 Feb. 2013 by Claire

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Reviews!, 15 Jun. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A bumper pack of Pampers Active Fite, 204 nappies at a good price, sounds good! My youngest is currently coming up on the 6 month mark and is starting to wriggle and move much more as she explores the world around her. This means she needs a nappy which is comfortable during movement, doesn't restrict her, yet retains the ability to keep pee and poo off the floor and clothes. So far, these have succeeded at every goal. Cheaper brands have a habit of leaking, but as yet we haven't had this problem with Pampers on our second child, but if she is anything like her older sister, we'll be moving to pull-ups soon. One problem my eldest didn't have is with rashes - my youngest seems to have some allergies which are bringing her skin out in quite harsh looking rashes at times, so there is an extra dependency on our nappes being absorbant, and of not being loose or damaging to her skin. Once again, there seems to be no problem here. In a world of wet bums, this is the sanest choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars toddler nappies, 2 May 2013
this was well worth the money and just like the ones you buy in the shop no comprimise on quality and fit at a fraction of the cost and delivered, what more could a Mum/Dad want

1.0 out of 5 stars Caused chemical-like burns, 27 Feb. 2013

Upon opening the packet, I noticed quite a strong smell to the nappies. I've used Pampers a lot before, and hadn't experienced this with any of their other nappy types, so I opened a second packet - which was just as bad. It's a very chemically scent.

The first day of using the nappies, I noticed that my son had developed a nappy rash, which he never gets unless teething. I put on some cream, as I would normally, and thought nothing more of it, carrying on using the nappies through the day and the night. The next day he had a blistered rash all over the nappy area - it looked like chemical burns. After taking him to the doctor, I did some internet research and discovered this has been documented by many consumers with their children, too. I reported the matter to Pampers and was refunded the cost of the nappies and asked to send in a couple for testing. I heard nothing back from them.

Personally, I would now always steer clear of Active Fit - especially if the baby had sensitive skin. My baby doesn't, so I can only imagine that the skin reaction would have been worse if he had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pampers absorbency, stretchy sides, good for more solid poo!, 20 May 2013
Mr. J. A. Smith "thetoot" (Blackwell) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is a bewildering choice of nappies available but we have found these are very good. We have tried other pampers nappies, supermarket own brands, huggies and also use washable nappies when at home for the day.

Pampers are definitely our favourite brand of disposables. We have found that these have the same fantastic wee absorbency as pampers newborn and pampers baby dry and are slightly better than huggies and own brands.

However our daughter (not yet on solids) tends to do just one massive runny poo each day, and occasionally when it's a big one we can have leaks - these have been in all the disposable nappies we have tried, active fit included, except for the pampers newborn (which only go up to size 3). Unlike those nappies, these active fit (and also the baby dry) don't have a mesh top layer, which seems to help with runnier poos so if you are trying to decide between them take this into account.

These nappies are designed for babies on the move and the sides are definitely more stretchy than others we have tried. They are also really nice and slim (so much so that we were skeptical about thief ability to absorb before we tried it!) which means that movement isn't restricted. Our little one isn't that mobile yet so we can't comment on whether these modifications really make that much of a difference.

The price offered on amazon is really good value for money, particularly if you subscribe and safe, better per nappy than at the supermarket even when on special offer! We haven't noticed a particularly plasticky smell which other people have commented on so perhaps it was a bad batch.

1.0 out of 5 stars NEVER sign up to Subscribe & Save, 27 Aug. 2013
I signed up for Subscribe and Save in June when the price was £19.20 for this pack. Clearly the expectation is that the price will remain round about the same when you sign for monthly deliveries. Since then, Amazon has conveniently jacked up the price to £31.99 on my most recent order on Aug 22. Thats over 60% higher than the price i signed up for and the general price in the market. Its interesting to see that the price of the product has dropped to £23 just days after they shipped my order. Clearly, a ploy to rip off new parents who have enough on their hands to worry about - the ingoing Amazon assumption seems to be that people like us just wouldn't have the time to check the prices. CONSUMERS BEWARE OF AMAZON SUBSCRIBE & SAVE. Its a scam in broad daylight. Just not what i expected from a company of Amazon's calibre!

1.0 out of 5 stars What changed? Last batch were rubbish!, 7 Jun. 2014
Miss HUCKLE "Travelbuggirl" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pampers Active Fit Size 4+ (Maxi+) Monthly Pack - 140 Nappies (Personal Care)
what happenend!? I usually swear by Pampers but ordered giant box off Amazon and they must be different nappies. I have never had a leak before from a baby dry or active fit but with this box from here almost every single one has leaked. something must have changed :( or these are different nappies.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT THE SAME AS SUPERMARKET PAMPERS!, 10 Aug. 2014
These are NOT the same quality as you buy in your supermarket. AVOID. Had to buy others as these are thin, low quality and like a supermarket cheap version.

1.0 out of 5 stars My daughter is 7 months and has never wet through ..., 18 July 2014
My daughter is 7 months and has never wet through a nappy she has worn these for about a week now and has been wet through in the middle of the night! doesn't normally happen with pampers wont be ordering from amazon again!

1.0 out of 5 stars Will use them but very disappointed., 15 July 2014
Be aware as normal numbered nappies from Pampers do just the same job (better actually) these + nappies soak quickly making baby uncomfortable wanting a change. Not worth the money. Will use them but very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid. Poor quality off Amazon. Not the same. Your child suffers from the leak through, 9 Jan. 2015
I am never one to write product reviews but by chance scrolled down and read reviews left by other parents and feel a sigh of relief that I am not the only one this has been happening to, but immense guilt I have allowed my son to be the victim. I have regularly been purchasing pampers nappies starting from size 1 and now onto size 4 and for the past 2 months every night my son has leaked through his nappy, through his clothes and onto the bedding. We kept putting it down to the fact he sleeps on his side as he refuses to sleep on his back or used to blame each other for not putting his nappy on correctly, tightening it more and more every night. It never occurred to me that the nappies I am buying off Amazon are faulty until I ran out and was desperate so went down to my local boots and picked up a packet. For the past week my son has not leaked through. I was using pampers new baby until size 3 alongside active fit during the day and now starting using the baby dry active fit in size 4. This leakage has occurred with every batch I have ordered. I feel so angry at myself for not identifying this earliar and putting my son through all those colds nights of having to wash him and change his clothes. He wakes up every 3 hrs still at night and use to lie in wet clothes until he woke up for his feed and I would realise. Only now after 2 months have I realised as the pampers nappies purchased from boots were perfect and exactly what I expected this top brand nappy to do. From boots even with an offer on I got 124 nappies for £20. On amazon you get £174 for £20.
Very upset I did not make this link before and kept buying from amazon thinking it was the same product but just a better deal as amazon are probably benefiting from economy of scale, hence being able to pass the saving onto us.
Very very upset!!