5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
After trying tree other phones this was all it said on the wb site. Very loud and has a hands free. Easy to set up and transfer numbers to second hand set.
It has large print and easy to read. On the whole excellent for two old age pensioners
Published 17 months ago by N Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing fancy, but does the job
First things first, for anyone looking for a user manual, you can find one by going to this link:

[Okay, so Amazon won't allow a link to a product manual on the BT website in a review, but they will allow it in a comment - so see below in comments section for link!]

Published 17 months ago by McStick

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 April 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent entry-level handsets. They do the job., 17 May 2013
Glasgow Dreamer (Glasgow Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These handsets are pretty much entry-level, so don't expect any bells and whistles, or outstanding performance from them. There is no inbuilt answering machine, although these are less common now, with the advent of 1571 and similar answering systems.

As with most home phones today, set-up is simple, taking only a minute or two from removing the phones from the box to them being connected and fully operational. The screens are nice and bright, and can be easily read, and the sound is pleasingly clear, although some of the tones and "beeps" can be a little annoying (these can be turned off). All the standard features are present; call waiting, number display, call barring, etc.

The literature claims the phones will be usable up to 300 metres from the base station. Perhaps that may be true in open, uninterrupted terrain, but, living in a normal flat, I found I lost signal within about 70-80 metres, still plenty far enough, but nothing remotely near the manufacturers claim.

The only other slight gripe is the limit of 50 stored numbers. I don't have a particularly wide social circle, but I found I quickly ran out after inputting all the essentials (doctor, dentist, bank etc,) and close friends and family members. So it's not quite time to get rid of the old paper address book yet!

Overall, these handsets do all you would need them to do, and would be a decent budget choice for most households.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant BT Phones!, 12 May 2013
Mr. Gareth I. Davies "giddig" (Dudley, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have used another model of BT cordless phones and been very pleased so happily gave these a go when a new pair were needed. All I really needed was a set that still only needed the one actual phone socket which is exactly how these work too. I have only ever used the BT 1571 service so the lack of an integrated answer phone did not bother me here at all. Inputting the possible 50 phones numbers could be useful however I do not have the patience for that and while some people seem to feel that 50 is a limitation it seems plenty to us if you did need to use that function. I suppose it depends on how many people you know and need to call or identify quickly. The quick location button is there as on all these types of phone. The button sounds seemed a little annoying at first but we soon got used to them as with any new phone. The batteries (as long as you give them the full first 24 hour charge as instructed) seems to last for ages. For the price, these seem a pretty good set of BT cordless phones to us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 April 2013
Alison Towers - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I loved this phone. It feels really nice in your hand, has bigger keys then normal so didn't have to find my spectacles, is lighter in weight than my last one but still feels sturdy and well-made, and it is very easy to set up. I don't use many features personally but for caller display, phone book, and caller list, but it seems to have the complete works for those who require them. You get a choice of ring tones, and volumes. I could actually hear this downstairs unlike the one it replaced, so was delighted.
I bought an elderly relative a twin phone not so long ago, and decided to get one for myself, but I actually think this one might be even better although I haven't 'lived' with hers.
I love the idea of twin phones, and only requiring one phone socket. Trying to get at the socket in the bedroom behind the beside table was always an absolute pain, and now I can have the extra phone wherever I want it, whenever I want it, and it halves the amount of burrowing around under stuff to find the phone when you forget where you last put it.
This is a particularly nice phone, and I would recommend highly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing fancy, but does the job, 22 April 2013
McStick (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

This phone may be at the lower end of the cordless phone market, however I was still surprised at the omission of a number of features and limitations. First of all, there is no answering machine built into the phone, although this may not actually be that much of a problem as many people probably receive this service from their telephone provider.

The second limitation is that a maximum of only 50 names and numbers can be stored in the phone memory. Therefore, if you have more numbers you need to keep a record of, don't throw away the paper address book just yet!

A couple of other niggles which I noticed upon my review of this product was that, firstly, the key tones were extremely annoying, however, thankfully, these can be turned off. The other was that the time doesn't keep in sync across both handsets, which I'd have thought was a very simple programming matter, compared to some of the other complexities which I'm sure are involved in producing a phone!

However, it's not all doom and gloom, as the phone does contain a host of the usual features which you would expect. These include an alarm clock, do not disturb mode (where is ringer is set to silent on both the base and handsets), speed dial, call waiting and call barring. It also includes a feature I have only seen on mobilephones to date and that is anonymous call blocking. This means that if anyone rings with a withheld number, the call will be rejected. Obviously, this may not be that useful, as some people legitimately withhold their phone number.

In relation to the phone itself, the buttons are reasonably large in nature and easy to press. The display, while not a colour display, is very clear and easy to read. Additionally, it also features a handset lock function, to avoid any buttons being pressed by accident. It is still possible, as you would expect, to make emergency calls while the handset is locked.

Finally, last, but not least, there will arise a time (I'm sure) when you can't find the handset when you need to make a call. Fear not, however, as it is possible to ring all the handsets, just by pressing a button on the base.

Overall, a good phone, however don't be expecting anything fancy in terms of features.

5.0 out of 5 stars BT 2000 Cordless Phones, 20 April 2013
These were purchased to replace an old set of cordless phones that were starting to play up a bit. They are very easy to use and the sound quality is excellent. I also like being able to programme one phone with all my numbers and transferring them to the other two with a press of a button. The display panel is very clear and being able to see the name of the caller and the number is very useful. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars bt phones, 3 April 2013
I have used BT Synergy 4100 for many years and it was good but this new model looks and works very well I will tell my friends and neighbours how good it really is I am pleased I bought it

2.0 out of 5 stars I had to return, 18 July 2013
This review is from: BT 2000 Cordless DECT Phone (Electronics)
I was not at all pleased with these phones, got an echo each time I spoke into the handset so much so that the conversation was hard going. I returned them and got a full refund so well done Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 16 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These replaced my previous pair of phones the BT 1000 BT 1000 Cordless DECT Phone (Pack of 2) which are a nice phone. These are shaped differently so are not as nice to hold but have two advantages over the BT1000 which I think is worth paying for.

The first is that the bases are linked, so when you add a number it is automatically synced with the second unit. BT1000 did not do this.

The second extra feature is that they have speakerphone, so you can press one key and it turns the speakerphone on or off. Very handy when calling and being put on hold for 20 mins!

It still has the same poor choice of ringtones but that can be overlooked on an otherwise excellent package.

1.0 out of 5 stars BT 2000 CORELESS, 16 Sep 2013
The cordless hand sets were very poor quality and there was a lot of noise on the telephone line when using the talking to someone even when the phones were close to the base station. I would never recommend these hand sets.

BT 2000 Cordless DECT Phone