5.0 out of 5 stars You can't find a better Four Seasons, 6 Mar 2013
John HOLLAS (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vivaldi: The Four Seasons - The Works [+digital booklet] (MP3 Download)
I have bought a few of the Trevor Pinnock recordings, with The English Concert. When they were first brought out, they were very well reviewed, played on original instruments and with excellent DG recording. This is a superb recordinh at an incredible price. But it!

5.0 out of 5 stars By Grabthar's Hammer, what a recording!, 21 Mar 2014
First off, let me say that I am very pleased with this purchase, very pleased. I was originally sceptical - the price alone made me wonder if this would not be a poor quality release, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It sounds excellent. Trevor "The Hammer" Pinnock is not without his controversies, but clearly he has risen above these to produce a masterfully-conducted interpretation of Vivaldi's Magnum Opus. Clearly he has put The Hammer down, and dispensed some indiscriminate music.

The playing of the orchestra is sublime! It easily matches the expectations of a conductor as demanding as The Hammer.

As for the actual work, you can pretty much take it or leave it. I'll leave it... on my MP3 player, so that I can look sophisticated.

Vivaldi: The Four Seasons - The Works [+digital booklet]
Vivaldi: The Four Seasons - The Works [+digital booklet] by Simon Standage and The English Concert and Trevor Pinnock
Buy MP3 Album1.99