Philips Series 3000 Beard Trimmer QT4015/23 Cordless, with Self Sharpening Titanium Blades
Package Quantity: 1Style Name: BlackChange
Price:£34.51+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Package Quantity: 1Style Name: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
What's in the box: Philips QT4015/23 stubble trimmer, 3 pin charger, carry pouch, cleaning brush, instruction booklets.

Opening the box - the packaging is pretty easy to get into, I did feel there was a bit too much packaging for the size of the product though.

The trimmer itself - Small, just fits in my hand. Comfortable to hold. Beard guard feels a little flimsy, whole build quality feels a little lacking in robustness but should survive normal usage. Arrived fully charged and ready to use. I made sure it was fully charged then gave it a go. There are two modes of operation, either off the battery, or plugged in. On battery the blades move fractionally slower than off the mains. But as there is no three pin socket in my bathroom battery it had to be. Trim length can be set from 0.5 to 10 mm in 0.5 mm steps, the setting is easy and locks well into place. I trimmed my beard from about 7 mm to 3.5, the trimmer moved easily across my face due to the rounded beard guard, and it was a comfortable trim. The trimmer struggled a little with some of the bushier and thicker hair, but got there in the end. The result is a pretty neat and tidy job. I ran it for about 20 minutes, and there was no noticeable drop in charge. The main con with this product is that trimmed hair does tend to get wedged between the guard and trimmer, so you have to stop every now and then to clear it out. On the plus side, the trimmer is dead easy to dismantle and can all be cleaned under a tap. It's also low maintenance, the manufacturer claiming that you need never oil it.

The charger - 3 pin plug rather than 2, making it a little awkward if you want to use it on the mains and you only have a 2 pin shaver socket. Charges very quickly though.

Carry pouch - big enough for the trimmer but not the charger. I'd have preferred something that allowed me to keep all the bits together. Feels a bit cheap.

Cleaning brush - double headed brush with two different sized heads for getting into the various nooks and crannies. Quite small and fiddly to use, but reasonably effective.

Instructions - Dead easy to follow.

In summary a decent little trimmer that does all that it needs. Nothing amazing though. 4 stars.
on 7 March 2015
I used a Philips Turbovac for many years and it was fantastic. When it finally wore out I replaced it with a Philips BT5260 earlier this year and, for my beard, it was truly awful. I put that down to the guard design. To Philips's credit they gave me a full refund as I couldn't return it to Argos for hygiene reasons.

With my refund I replaced the BT5260 with this, at two thirds the price, and they're worlds apart. This gives a far superior cut and is highly recommended for cutting performance and price. And thank you Philips for a fantastic return policy and great customer service!
on 18 November 2014
I used to own an iStubble which broke down unexpectedly as many reviews have stated. Decided to opt for this and wow what a product. It is efficient and very accurate. I am just annoyed that I did not buy this sooner. An absolute MUST!
on 5 October 2014
Great
Charges quickly
Very even finish
Good for sensitive skin
Better than babyliss iStubble
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is a small handy beard trimmer with titanium coated blades, cleaning brush, fast charger and carrying case which is Ideal for travelling. It comes with a two year guarantee.

There are 20 length settings which are easily changed with a rotating wheel. The blades are extremely effective and there is no snagging. The blade guard is rounded for smooth skin contact. It is also easily removed to clear cut hair when in use. The cutting head can be cleaned under a tap

At first when looking at the QT4015/13 I was not impressed as it looked rather small and weedy. It was only when I used it that I appreciated how good it is.

I also have a Remington MB320C which is more solid and has a small extra small cutting head built in for trimming ear and nose hairs and the bottom of ones moustache etc and is being sold for with a discount £10.00 cheaper than the QT4015/23 and gives a three year guarantee therefore offering better value.

If you have another method of trimming your ear and nose hairs and the bottom of your moustache and you have sensitive skin then Phillips QT4014/23 Stubble Trimmer is the kit for you.
on 23 July 2015
I bought this, used it possibly 4-5 times tops over the space of 2-3 months and now its broken. It when plugged in to charge now turns itself on permanently (until unplugged) in what I can only describe as "Half-speed-useless-hair-yank mode". You can turn it on and receive full speed but given that it is not a shaver plug means unless you are willing to trim your beard near a standard plug your screwed (i.e. like any other room but the bathroom).

My previous trimmers have lasted me several years each and given the positive reviews this one receives I was understandably optimistic. I look after my things so this is not down to neglect, to add insult to injury I apparently can't arrange a return on here, maybe Philips will though... We shall see.
on 25 May 2015
Positives:
+ Very reasonably priced.
+ Battery seems to last a long time between charges. I have used it seven times, in approximately 10 minute sections, without needing to recharge it.
+ Seems to trim stubble well and evenly.
+ Mechanical length adjuster means that you don't have to use battery power to simply change the length.
+ It is very light.
+ Comes with a brush to clean the trimmer and a small bag to contain it when traveling.
+ Although it doesn't display how much battery life you have left between charges, it does display when the battery is low using a blinking red light on the power button.

Negatives: None.

Neutrals:
* If you want to maintain your beard at a length longer than 10mm then it will be beyond this trimmer's abilities.
* Trimmer head increases in steps of 0.5mm, which is fairly large compared with other modern trimmers, but the difference between increases in steps of 0.5mm and, for example, 0.2mm, is insignificant.
* The travel bag which it comes with could be far better. It should be made with a thicker material to keep the beard trimmer safe whilst traveling, and be large enough to contain the power cable as well.

Comment:
I bought this to replace my Remington MB4555, which finally broke after behaving crazily for a couple of years. Unlike the Remington, which goes up in steps of 0.1mm from 0.4mm to 18mm, this Philips beard trimmer simply jumps in steps of 0.5mm from 0.5mm to 10mm, which is, I think, as much precision as anyone really needs. Also, unlike the Remington, because the length is determined mechanically rather than electronically, you don't have to worry about it giving you incorrect lengths when the battery begins to near the end of its life. The power of this trimmer seems to be very suitable for trimming, and the titanium blades, I'm sure, help. Ultimately, unless you're trying to maintain a beard which is longer than 1cm, this product should definitely be suitable for you.
on 22 December 2014
I have found this trimmer rather good. It is also excellent at not taking lumps out of me anywhere, which I have found to be quite a blessing. Even the barbers used to make my neck sore with their clippers. A nice even cut all over, quite the professional look. Plus it appears to hold a charge for ever! As for cleaning, I just blow all cut hairs out. Well pleased. Best buy I've made in a long while.
on 19 September 2013
For the quality and precision, with such a range of lengths, the price is much better than any of it's competitors.
on 9 March 2013
This beard trimmer was a replacement for me for one that I'd had many years and which I never felt the need to replace, because while very cheap, it did the job perfectly. This replacement is practical and still not an incredibly expensive alternative option, however I haven't found it to be as completely reliable as I did that other beard trimmer (by Babyliss for Men).

My personal preference where the settings are concerned means I very rarely have the trimmer set to any number besides the first, as this provides the closest trim. This is a personal preference, but I also found the trimmer provided something a little less than an absolutely uniformly perfect cut when at higher settings.

The Phillips brand however is very reliable and I have little doubt that I'll be using this particular trimmer for years to come; it does a good job, is very comfortable to hold, a little bit but not too heavy, and all around good value for money. Recommended.