5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
I took it out of the box and it was working within 2 minutes. Amazing performance from all over the house from any of the 5 iPhones in the house or my Ipad.
Published 9 months ago by paul jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Not even at this price
OK, it works, it looks good, comes in a nice box and costs very little - what’s not to like? Well, the sound is pretty poor.
There’s a kind of muffled, stifled, quality, as if you’re listening to a speaker in the next room. It’s not engaging. Not present. Even my telly sounds better.
Specifically, speaking as an ex TV studio sound...
Published 8 months ago by Umbrian

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Unit, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Gear4 AirZone Series 3 Wireless Stereo Speaker with EU/UK Plug for iPod, iPhone, iPad, MP3 and Smartphone Devices - Black (Sports)
Arrived for in time for a xmas present but when plugged in it was clearly broken, not a hint of any power getting to the speaker therefore have no idea as to the quality of the product. Had to send back (which was not an easy process) which cost me an additional 1.10 to send recorded which was never refunded despite being promised. Not a good customer journey i'm afraid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Jan 2014
Was delivered when it said it would be, 100% genuine and working order! Great quality! Base is good! I would recommend it to anyone! Great discount price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 Jan 2014
Bought as a present set up so easy as long as you have good wifi, if not it's the wifi not the product recipient delighted

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value Airplay speaker, 5 Jan 2014
D. Morgan (South Wales) - See all my reviews
This is not a Bose or B&W unit. If they were 10/10 for sound quality this would be 6.5. But at less than 70 it is 70% cheaper and the sound is good at medium levels with good bass. Loud enough to fill a room. At high levels it does begin to sound boxy.

My son love's it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the cost, 24 Dec 2013
This is a great product and produces a good sound. I have only given it 4 stars and had a little fun setting it up. Other reviews have said how easy it was to set up but I had issues. First, the easiest way (plugging in your iPhone or iPad and sharing the network settings) didn't work. The message that is supposed to appear on the iPhone/ipad screen did and then nothing else happened. The instructions state that one has to have a recent operating system on the iPad which I had. Set it up in the end using my computer. It lost the connexion a few times but has run fine since. It is best to initially set it up with the computer and speaker in the same room I have found. Other reviews have said that it is quite bass heavy which is true, but one can log into it via computer and adjust EQ

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Wireless Speaker, 7 Oct 2013
Nerdy Pete (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
We wanted a new music system for our kitchen but we were short on space and we didn't want to pay for a Sonos (far too expensive - for just a kitchen anyway). It was whilst looking at the Sonos, that we found this product and we couldn't believe the price difference. So we took a gamble (not that Gear4 are a gamble - we've had other products from them in the past that were great) and we're very happy we did.

The sound is superb. Our kitchen isn't huge, but the speaker fills it easily with high quality sound. No crackle. No distortion. There is a really nice bass to it meaning that the music sounds powerful and rich.

It was easy to set-up - I never read the manuals so I do admit I had to go looking for a bit of help to get the speaker on my Wi-fi network. But I found this video very quickly and it tells you all your need to know: [...] (Basically there is no screen on the speaker so you need to use your iPhone to connect it to the network)

We've managed to link our iPhone, iPad and Mac to the speaker. No issues.

If I have one criticism, it is that the speaker doesn't have Bluetooth. If it did then it would be perfect as I could connect the rest of the family's devices (i.e. non-AirPlay devices). There is an Aux-in port but that isn't the point. In fairness, this i clearly advertised as an AirPlay product so you can't expect that (though you can hope!!).

5.0 out of 5 stars ... you can't afford sonos and have a smallish area good sound, 29 Aug 2014
If you can't afford sonos and have a smallish area good sound quality

1.0 out of 5 stars Kept dropping off my WLAN, 18 Aug 2014
Kept dropping off my WLAN. Returned for refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 July 2014
Great product. Great price. Excellent

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good at all., 20 Jan 2014
Poor speaker all round. Bad sound quality and the airplay on the first on they sent me didn't work at all. To their credit they dispatched a new one instantly but this had the same problems. I've purchased an Audio Dynamix X05-UE2 bluetooth speaker and this quite frankly is incredible in all departments (it's also somehow cheaper).