5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous sound for this price
Published 17 months ago by Prima_Donna

2.0 out of 5 stars Not even at this price
OK, it works, it looks good, comes in a nice box and costs very little - what’s not to like? Well, the sound is pretty poor.
There’s a kind of muffled, stifled, quality, as if you’re listening to a speaker in the next room. It’s not engaging. Not present. Even my telly sounds better.
Specifically, speaking as an ex TV studio sound...
Published 15 months ago by Umbrian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous sound for this price, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Gear4 AirZone Series 3 Wireless Stereo Speaker with EU/UK Plug for iPod, iPhone, iPad, MP3 and Smartphone Devices - Black (Sports)
Got this within 2 working days, unpacked it, didn't bother to read the user manual, and was set up and playing my music from my iPad and iPhone via AirPlay within 2 minutes. The sound is for this little box really good, and even with classical music it has enough depth and clarity to live with it happily on a daily basis. Also makes my TV watching experience a much more pleasant one as I use it as my speakers instead of the rubbish built-in ones. Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real bargain!, 20 Nov. 2013
Bought this for the kitchen to replace a Roberts internet radio. We are avid radio listeners but live in an area where FM reception is poor and we don't get a DAB signal. We use our iPad to control it using mainly the BBC radio app which is excellent. We also play our iTunes music library from our Mac via the iPad (the computer needs to be on and iTunes running) The sound quality is very good, better than the Roberts radio and so far we haven't had any of the problems with loss of signal which used to frustrate us. When you look at the price of the alternatives this is a real bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Nov. 2013
I took it out of the box and it was working within 2 minutes. Amazing performance from all over the house from any of the 5 iPhones in the house or my Ipad.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not even at this price, 12 Dec. 2013
Umbrian (San Terenziano, Umbria, Italy) - See all my reviews
Specifically, speaking as an ex TV studio sound engineer, I’d say there was a lack of low bass, too much low mid-range and a total absence of tinselly high frequency. The apparent absence of ports leads to a lack of dynamic range. Both music and speech sound bad.
I’ve previously owned Gear4 speakers and would recommend the Gear4 Duo over this for sound quality. As it is, I couldn’t live with it, even for this low price. It’s re-boxed and waiting for the courier to come and take it away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loving it, 12 Oct. 2013
This is a really easy speaker to use.it was simple to sync with iPhone and ipad and any other phone are PCM.good sound quality and good value for money

3.0 out of 5 stars Stylish looks, limited performance, 1 Feb. 2014
rc Dempster "rich41319" (Leeds) - See all my reviews
I bought this to play via my macbook/iphone at work so I wasn't looking for something too explosive, but a reasonable sound quality. It look great and is pretty discreet, solidly made, but the sound quality is pretty disappointing compare to my other hi-fi equipment. Im glad I got if for the discounted cost as £180 is utter rip off for such tinny sound. Better speakers for this money are out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for what I paid, 14 Jun. 2014
S. Barrett (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Got this for £50. Not as good as say Cambridge Minx Air but not bad for the money (if you afford the extra £50 I would say go for Minx especially as it's portable..but then it is double the price so should be better). Can go quite loud without much distortion. Connects with Airplay fine and stays in sync with other Airplay devices which is good so I can have multiple speakers around the house.

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Unit, 25 Jan. 2014
Arrived for in time for a xmas present but when plugged in it was clearly broken, not a hint of any power getting to the speaker therefore have no idea as to the quality of the product. Had to send back (which was not an easy process) which cost me an additional £1.10 to send recorded which was never refunded despite being promised. Not a good customer journey i'm afraid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless speaker one of the best value, 13 Mar. 2014
Treat me and my girlfriend to this before Xmas as were massive music fans and it did not disappoint. Doesn't matter where you have it the sleek black design looks good. The sound quality is very good and extremely clear I would Defo recommend

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound quality, 23 Feb. 2014
The sound/volume very poor. Does not play loudly. Suitable for background music only but unsuitable for any other type of use

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›