on 11 November 2013
Bought for use with an AMD FX8350 based on favorable reviews (PC Gamer etc). Installation was a little more complicated than fitting a stock cooler but fairly simple compared to the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo it replaced. In my case I needed to move an exhaust fan slightly to make way for the radiator, but there is still plenty of room inside my Z9+. It's a compact unit and I imagine size would only be a problem in a small form factor case.

The pump is quiet and the supplied fan has a PWM range of 900 - 2000 RPM. I'm yet to try alternative fans but so far performance has been impressive. Idle temps are down by 10 degrees and at a stable overclock of 4.6GHz, temperatures have never pushed beyond the low 60's even under stressful benchmarking. Thermal material comes pre-applied but the quality is questionable so I changed this for Arctic MX-4 which I've found has the best price:performance ratio. I'm sure I could drop temperatures by a few degrees using a more expensive compound but it really is a matter of marginal gains at this point.

Excellent cooler for the money, I'd recommend it to anyone.
on 17 October 2013
Bought to replace a noctua nh-d14, because as much as I love the air fan it just takes up too much space! it's a bit louder than the Nh-d14 but quieter than the stock fans by miles it's also alot cooler than stock fans but not much variation vs the Nh-d14, the one thing to take note on is the backplate doesn't fit on squarely with intel sockets it has to be angled to fit the holes, other than that it's a wonderful product that easily rivals more expensive alternatives.
on 28 March 2014
I went for this. Partly for the gimmick of saying I have a water cooled computer, partly the price, and partly for cosmetics. I have a white Zalman ATX case with a window. So i wanted something to look good inside.
With a white case, black mesh grill, white fans inside, black mobo with white writing, black sheathed modular cables and slimline connectors. Aside from the odd glimpse of red cabling its pretty much black n white.

So I eliminated copper coolers from the start. I was tempted by the silver traditional air coolers with a massive heat spreader but a water cooled cpu with a 120mm fan on a rear mounted case exhaust made a lot of sense.

I am running a Dual core AMD A series CPU overlcoked from 3.9 to 4.7 with CPU temps barely raising. The fans have not even kicked in yet.

My case has a front mounted 120mm fan (not turned on) and 2 top mounted fans (not turned on)

The mesh grill is pretty good at letting air in. And there was originally a 120mm exhaust at the rear of the case.
As the LQ310 only has 1 fan, it comes with the longer screws for people choosing to add a second fan. This creates a much better airflow over the metal grill for getting rid of the heat.

OUTSIDE_OF_CASE<<<< FAN1<<<<WATERCOOLER<<<<<FAN2<<<<<INSIDE_COMPUTER

50 odd quid. You cant go wrong in my books. I have always trusted Zalman for cooling and will continue to do so
on 17 September 2013
Great cooler for the money. I did replace the fan with a Corsair SP120 performance edition, which makes this thing work like a dream, even at low fan speeds.
I also replaced the thermal paste with some Arctic MX-4 straight out of the box, as they supplied paste isn't great according to reviews.

Installation is pretty simple, certainly easier than a lot of the giant air coolers you can buy.

I have this on an Intel 3770K OC'ed to 4.5Ghz, and have limited the fan to 1400RPM (and it's pretty much silent) . Even with this OC, and my ambient room temp being 32c, running prime95 never caused the temp to go above 72c (although I got lucky on the CPU lottery, and my OC is on just 1.92v, which helps keep the temps down).

When you first power it up, the pump/liquid seems a bit noisy, but after a few minutes this settles down and you can't really hear it at all.

All in all I'd recommend this if you aren't going for extreme overclocks, it's a good performer and nice and quiet when coupled with a decent fan at a limitied speed.
on 10 October 2013
From struggling with games to instant playability, this liquid cooler is amazing - so quiet compared to a stock fan cooler and really pushes up the performance of my A10 - it initially struggled with Skyrim and the stock fan would go nuts, now I can play happily on high res and enjoy all the scenes - thoroughly recommend.
on 2 September 2013
Bought this to provide cooling for an i5 in an antec case. It provides the same level of cooling as some double radiators and although fiddly to fit is good value for what it does. Would have got five stars if the price had been lower. You can get this for less than fifty pounds if your lucky. There is no room for error so read the instructions very carefully and make sure to select the right brackets and feet for your socket. The back plate will require you taking your motherboard out if you dont have access to the rear of the board through the pc case. This was part of a system upgrade for me so it didnt really matter as I was switching out my motherboard anyway. I should also mention that there are options with fitting the fan in either push or pull you could ditch the supplied fan for one or a pair of altenative 120mm fans if required as there are holes provided for a push pull arrangement.
on 17 December 2013
The unit operates with a low CPU temperature and was relatively easy to fit EXCEPT the cooler fin block would not fit in the prescribed case screw holes.

The motherboard had CPU Opt supply and no mention in instruction if this should.could be used for pump (stated as chassis fan socket).

In use less than week but so far runs cool.
on 12 February 2014
After a slightly trick install (me not having the right tools) I have had no problems and it is doing a good job of cooling I havn't over-clocked my cpu yet as I have no reason too but im sure that this cooler could handle the extra heat. currently running it in a fan sandwitch with one of the case fans on the pack of the radiator.
on 8 October 2014
Very easy to install and does what it says on the box. It was bought to cool an AMD that was seriously overheating with its supplied fan and causing the system to hang. OK the boys are heavy on their gaming demands but this does seem to have stopped them complaining about impaired performance
on 26 July 2013
Purchased this for my new rig containing an i5 4670k haswell cpu and a gtx 650 ti boost gfx card. In the time that I have been using it this cooler it has performed exceptionally, My Temperatures are (degrees celcius)

Idle Min:32 Max:33 Avg:32

Planetside 2 (I dont have any benchmarking software): Min: 37 Max:45 Avg:38

I originally purchased this because it was highly reviewed by PC Gamer magazine, who said, and I quote, that it was their "choice for 120mm cpu coolers" and to be honest I agree with them. The mounting system is akward (also picked up on by PC Gamer) so when installing it please note that the ridges on the retention bracket have to clip into the top of the bracket with the four holes in it for screws, otherwise both brackets will seem loose and that is bad. If you can get past the mounting system, your fine. Also note that the three pin plug for the pump (the cable coming from the water block) will work in a four pin fan header, just leave one pin out. Enough technical details, it performs outstandingly, especially on next gen haswell chips, just get one!

See one answered question