5.0 out of 5 stars What a page turner!, 10 Dec 2012
Ms. P. J. Rimmer (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I KNOW WHO I AM (Kindle Edition)
(Okay, so Margaret is my Aunt which you might say makes me a bit biased!) However, I really wanted to say how much I enjoyed this book which I read while my little boy sat on my lap watching nursery rhymes on youtube. I found it particularly touching & thought provoking because my little boy is the same age as Margaret's daughter was when she became so ill with post natal depression. It's amazing how things have changed with regard to post natal depression now - ante natal classes go on about looking out for it & midwives keep checking you're OK (even checking that Dad's are Ok too.) It's an amazing story of what happened to Margaret & how she got better thanks to the ECT she had. (I was surprised that the ECT worked as I probably had quite a negative view of it due to the bad press it has received in the past.) A thoroughly riveting read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive reading, 15 Jun 2013
Elizabeth J. Moore "Jane M" (Caerphilly County, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I KNOW WHO I AM (Kindle Edition)
From the very start I found Margaret funny and sad and there but for the grace go I. At times I was in tears and then when I so sadly finished the book I wanted more......... how is she doing now..... the sign of a good book when to finish it is not enough

4.0 out of 5 stars A really different read, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: I KNOW WHO I AM (Kindle Edition)
This book shows a rest good insight of post baby hormonal change. Well written and sympathetic, yet funny in places!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: I KNOW WHO I AM (Kindle Edition)
This is a lovely gentle tale about the feelings and thoughts of Margaret and her experience of mental illness after the birth of her son. I normally avoid books that could possibly be harrowing autobiographies, but this isn't that sort of book, it's an enlightening read through Margaret's feelings and emotions written from the heart, and although it isn't a sad ending, I found tears in my eyes as I finished it, a truly heartwarming story.

4.0 out of 5 stars I know who I am, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: I KNOW WHO I AM (Kindle Edition)
An inspiring insight into the mental health issues created by pregnancy and childbirth. A revelation into the effects on the entire family and all people involved in the life of a new mum thrown into turmoil by events beyond her control this is a great credit not only to the writer but her husband and family for dealing with and surviving illness and moving on to live life in as full a way as possible . A great read for anyone but particularly those who have experienced similar illness following childbirth as it gives hope and motivation that it can all be overcome with treatment and support .

4.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive, funny, a side of life I'd never thought about before..., 7 May 2013
This review is from: I KNOW WHO I AM (Kindle Edition)
When you think about post-natal depression maybe you think mild baby blues. Maybe you think valium, which my mama was prescribed after me! I never realised the hormones released along with pregnancy could zap your memory and make a person go pretty loopy for a while. This was a really interesting tale of just such an experience, and how the NHS of the time dealt with the condition (wowEEEE - electric shock therapy!)
I came away from the novel with a really strong sense of family, patience and love in the face of utter desperation and panic. It was thought-provoking and at times laugh-out-loud funny. Thoroughly to be recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic informative read, 26 Dec 2012
This review is from: I KNOW WHO I AM (Kindle Edition)
A fantastic and Very interesting read !! i could not put the book down once I had started reading it !!
Very informative to !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Aug 2014
This review is from: I KNOW WHO I AM (Kindle Edition)
very interesting and touching story

I KNOW WHO I AM