5.0 out of 5 stars Best Wellies Ever!!!
I ordered wellies on a cold Thursday evening heavy snow was forecast for the coming days but did'nt expect to actually receive them in time, much to my surprise I received them Saturday morning whilst it was snowing! Perfect!! could'nt wait to try them out and boy I wasn't disppointed! These wellies are the best i've ever had! No denying that they are a little expensive...
Published on 30 Jan. 2011 by C. Curtis

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for Argyll
Published on 1 Dec. 2011 by Argyll peasant

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for Argyll, 1 Dec. 2011
I purchased a pair of these wellies as a present for my wife. Within 3 months the heels had worn through to an internal cavity which then "pumped" water into the interior of the boot. The soles are also badly worn, and the boots are only used for walking the dogs, not mucking out the cows. Amazon have promised a refund as an "exception", being outwith the 30 day return period, although Hunter state on their website that they are warranted for 12 months, but have to be returned to the retailer. My wife and daughters have had several pairs of Hunter wellies in the past when they were made in Scotland,and they gave excellent service. I suspect the current manufacturers have compromised quality for fashion, and are trading on past reputation and the granting of the Royal Warrant. (Don't think her Maj would be too chuffed if hers were worn through after 3 months of walking the corgis!)
Sadly I have purchased my last pair of Hunters,Hunter Unisex Original Adjustable Wellies and bang goes another great British icon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted just 17 months, 24 Jun. 2012
I bought these for daily dog walking and at the price I expected them to last for a while, particularly given that the £25 pair I had before them did about 5 years with the same type of use. After 17 months the soles are almost completely worn out and both boots have cracked meaning that they are no longer water proof. The buckle also came off on one boot after about a year. They may be fine for light use, but at the price I would expect them to be better made: the quality is poor. Avoid if you need boots for regular use.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THESE BOOTS!!! BUYER BEWARE, 1 Nov. 2012
I gave this one star as no-stars is not available!I bought a pair of these hunter Wellington Boots in May 2012 for my wife. She wears them at the weekends mainly when we walk or dogs on a nearby field. After less than six months of light to moderate wear, the heels and soles are worn through and the boots are essentially useless. I emailed their customer service department who have essentially stuck to their guns in describing the wear as being consistent with regular use. As far as I can tell a product that is described as being the number one wellington boot with a Royal Warrant to boot should give the wearer a better lifetime? I have essentially been called a liar (they refute my claim on the basis that their technical department view the wear as 'normal') I am now £60 odd lighter with a totally useless pair of boots. Do not under any circumstances buy this product, it is a total rip off. Hunter Wellington Boots may have been a quality brand but I am afraid they appear to be trading on past glories. I have a group on Facebook where images of my own and hopefully other people that have been similarly affected and let down buy this product can be seen. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocking left and right boots different sizes., 1 Mar. 2012
Brought these as a 30th birthday pressent for my brother. He was very pleased with them.
He then took a holiday, came to use them (2 days after the 30day return expired) to find that the Left foot is a whole centimetre longer than the right boot!!
Both boots are labeled as the same size!!
Terrible quality.

3.0 out of 5 stars Significantly lower quality but ok., 8 Nov. 2011
Have bought this item to replace a previous pair which were made in scotland. These chinese made ones are clearly lesser quality in most aspects but are still comfortable. I can not understnad how Hunter think they can sell this for the same price as the previously better quality product. I do not expect them to last nearly as long. I would not purchase this item again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy Hunter Wellies, 23 April 2012
I bought a new pair of these wellies in July 2011 and the top surface of both have now split. For £60 they're a waste of money and not worth it. Don't buy them. The seller has said that the damage is wear and tear so no refund or replacememt! So what is reasonable wear and tear? Certainly not walking in North Wales. Rubbish product rubbish seller.

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, poor quality, 24 Sept. 2012
I naively purchased these wellies thinking that the rather high price tag would promise good long lasting quality. How wrong was I?! Within 6 months the wellies had split in various places ensuring that my socks got wet just walking through wet grass, never mind puddles! I will never buy Hunter branded footwear again, lesson learnt :-(

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality., 10 Mar. 2012
First day I put these on the adjuster tab broke, was not even tight, rubber looked perished, not sure if they were old stock or they are made in China these days, were never like this before, last ones lasted five years with no problems!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as they used to be, 25 Nov. 2011
These were my 2nd pair of Hunter Wellies. Very pleased at first as they are very comfortable and for a pair of wellies look good.

After 18 months both soles are split, the heals are worn out and there are two cracks on the side of the boots which let water in.

They are used pretty much every day, however the old Hunters I had lasted 10 years which is what I would have expected for these.

I read that they are now made in China rather than Scotland and that the emphasis is on fashion rather than durability.

I am now having a good think about what to replace them with, I may go for another pair simply because they are so good to walk in and accept that I have to replace every year or so.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hunter Wellies, 4 Jun. 2013
I am disgusted with these boots. They have had minimal wear and have already perished and leak. I will never buy another pair of Hunters. I complained directly to Hunter by email and they didn't even bother to reply! NOT reccommended.