5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and clean
I love the fresh clean smell from this product. It works well throughout the house but especially the kitchen where our dog sleeps. I scoot the steamer over the kitchen floor daily and never have problems with doggy smells anymore.
Published 23 months ago by Poppy Doll

3.0 out of 5 stars I love the Vax brand and can not fault my vacuum ...
Published 3 months ago by M. Acott

3.0 out of 5 stars I love the Vax brand and can not fault my vacuum ..., 12 Dec. 2014
M. Acott - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vax Steam Detergent Citrus Burst 1L (Kitchen & Home)
I love the Vax brand and can not fault my vacuum cleaner, carpet washer or steam cleaner in their ability to provide superior cleaning and I will always opt for genuine Vax accessories because I feel they offer better value for money in the long run. I do however make an exception with the 1 liter detergent. Yes it is pricey compared to cheaper brands and yes it works out more expensive if you use your steam cleaner on a regular basis (like I do). My Vax steamer works very well providing a superior clean over many surfaces including floors and tiles without using detergent and if I am brutally honest I really don't see a great deal of difference when the detergent is added (other than it seems to make lighter work of harder areas to clean such as grouting and some stubborn floor stains and grease on kitchen tiles). The citrus scent is also almost non existent when the product is in use (although it does have a lovely vibrant scent in the bottle). I like the product and it will last me a very long time because I only intend to use it on ground in dirt (so not very often) other than that I wouldn't bother adding any detergent to my steamer or I will just buy a cheaper brand (and it almost pains me to say that because I love Vax) but I just can not justify paying the extra £££ for this product when I don't really see any better results. It's not bad, it's just not great for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and clean, 18 April 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars liquid that cleans well, 20 July 2013
This review is from: Vax Steam Detergent Citrus Burst 1L (Kitchen & Home)
I have found this steam detergent cleans my laminating and ceramic floors very well and leaves them smelling nice and feeling clean and refreshed. X

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice big bottle, 5 July 2013
Sallyex (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Vax Steam Detergent Citrus Burst 1L (Kitchen & Home)
I use this for my Vax bare floor steamer and it is good, it does what it says on the tin as they say. Smells nice too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 27 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Vax Steam Detergent Citrus Burst 1L (Kitchen & Home)
Bought a vax steam cleaner S2 and ordered more detergent. The vax and the detergent are fantastic and to top it all my husband likes to use them! Highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 16 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Vax Steam Detergent Citrus Burst 1L (Kitchen & Home)
Right... a bit of a confession coming up...i'm a bloke and i can't stand cleaning (i know, crazy as that sounds) but after a friend asked 'since when have you taken up keeping livestock in your kitchen'.... i thought time to spring clean.
After buying the Vax steam cleaner it had a small container of this detergent included in the box, well i thought here we go 'guess what.. Vax suggests you use their on brand' but i was wrong it worked great, straight though the grime and dirt. Didn't get a strong smell of citrus but i didn't buy it for the smell just how well it works. So i ended up buying the 1L bottle and happy i have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bacteria busting, 22 Sept. 2014
Hairy lip (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Vax Steam Detergent Citrus Burst 1L (Kitchen & Home)
I use this with my stem fresh combi.
This gives a nice fresh smell and the steam kills the bacteria and icky stuff that is the cause of them, It also helps with the general cleaning process, getting things that bit cleaner than the steam combi would if used with just water.
The smell lasts a good long while and the whole house smells nice and fresh and clean when I have used this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Will this make my floor sparkle and my house smell nice?, 16 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Vax Steam Detergent Citrus Burst 1L (Kitchen & Home)
As most of our downstairs rooms have stone floors we thought we'd buy a Vax steam mop and added a pack of this to the order. Having now used the steam mop both with and without 'Citrus Burst' detergent I have to say we were unable to tell the difference when cleaning our floors.
We thought that grout in a wet room seemed marginally cleaner when detergent was added (but had already cleaned it once without) and did not notice a fresh citrus smell after using this detergent in our steam mop.
If you take the lid off the bottle and have a sniff it smells of lemon - pleasant but not at all strong when you consider it is diluted when used in the recommended ratio of 8:1 - enough for at least 10 washes of all our floors and shower room.
Is it worth the money? We don't think so and agree with a Which review which concluded that 'if you choose a Best Buy steam mop detergent isn’t necessary'.

1.0 out of 5 stars Want a fresh citrus smell? Don't buy this product!, 19 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Vax Steam Detergent Citrus Burst 1L (Kitchen & Home)
Hmmm... Bizarre - I smell the bottle and I smell lemon, I clean the room and I smell... Nothing. Either this isn't concentrated enough or there is something wrong with the machine - the dial is set fully on to use detergent but absolutely no clean citrus smell at all - disappointing

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well but not sure about the (alleged) ..., 10 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Vax Steam Detergent Citrus Burst 1L (Kitchen & Home)
Does the job well but not sure about the (alleged) citrus burst. Unless my sense of smell has packed up...?

Vax Steam Detergent Citrus Burst 1L