Having owned and used the steamer for about 6 months I now feel able to write a factual review to help others make their decision on buying it.
I paid £99 for mine and was delighted with the cost for all the equipment that comes with it - they are now even cheaper at £89 which is a real bargain.
It is able to clean about every surface in my home leaving them...
Published 6 months ago by Shelbypops

1.0 out of 5 stars flimsy and badly designed with a very poor, confusing & incomplete user's manual and the UK ...
Just an awful machine, flimsy and badly designed with a very poor, confusing & incomplete user's manual and the UK call centre is unhelpful & downright rude!.
I have had this machine for two years.
In the first year, the cap got stuck on and I had to buy another one (c£36) and then remove the old one which was very difficult indeed. The Customer Service Centre...
Published 7 months ago by juliet25

5.0 out of 5 stars I paid £99 for mine and was delighted with the cost for all the equipment that comes ..., 26 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Kärcher SC1.020 Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
It is able to clean about every surface in my home leaving them with a brilliant streak free shine when dried with the micro fibre clothes
Filling is so easy - tip - use boiled water from the kettle and it's good to go in a minute. When refilling you need to switch it off or the cap won't unscrew - be careful when unscrewing and also re-filling when it's still hot as it will spit hot steam and water!
Like about every other reviewer I bought the pack of 20 cloths to use in conjunction with the steamer and these are essential and so easy to wash and re-use.
The bathroom gleams like never before you can get into awkward areas such as round the toilet where cleaning fluids collect and also the chrome taps are wonderfully clean :-)
You really won't regret your investment in this piece of kit...all I need now to do the housework is the hoover and this gadget and I'm good to go....
An added bonus is on alloy wheels...if you take the time every now and again to use the steamer and disposable towel they look like new and in between they are easier to wash and keep clean as the dust doesn't stick the same :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted!, 1 Sept. 2014
After careful research I decided to replace my old steam cleaner with Karcher which is much more expensive...and I am not disappointed! Easy instructions to assemble and once the steam starts, it glides over the floor with perfect results. I tried them on my kitchen cupboards and they were squeaky clean within minutes. If you want to be house proud with little effort, it is the best thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic job at cleaning, 8 Mar. 2015
Fantastic job at cleaning. Even managed to get white paint out of brown carpet. Great for cleaning bathrooms, mopping floors. Can't fault it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effortless Cleaning, 19 July 2014
I don't have a pen name "the_metro_area" (West London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Having moved to a house with many tiled and laminate floors I didn't want to be dealing with a mop and having read the good reviews decided to give this a go. Even over the first few uses I'm very impressed. It's simple and easy to use, fill it with water, plug it in and in around 8 minutes you're ready to begin. Knowing I'd get through a few cloths I decide to buy these, which are excellent and much cheaper than the Kärcher equivalent:

Using max steam I've been able to clean floors quickly, sure there is a little moisture left after cleaning but it's left much dryer than with a mop and it was dry and ready to use within 5 minutes. The proof of the cleaning is in the dirt left on the cloth and the results are easy to see with a sparkling floor.

Overall an excellent piece of kit to save you many hours of mopping!

Quick update after a couple of months of use and I remain impressed at how simple and quick to set up this is, if I have a small area to clean I just half fill the reservoir and it heats up quicker.

5.0 out of 5 stars I now like cleaning, 25 Jun. 2015
I used to dislike using chemicals in my bathroom as they left the room smelling and they got on my skin which caused a rash. My fiancé suggested I try a steamer as a non-chemical alternative (he originally took over the cleaning but it was like giving a mop to a toddler), so after copious amounts of online research, I opted for this model.

I'm mighty pleased with my choice. It came with lots of extra nozzles for getting into every area imaginable. It's also more effective than my previous bottled chemical cleaners and this means I can stop wasting money on the supermarket brands!

Some people reported issues with leaking but I've used this dozens of times and never had a single issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Die to this cleaner I was able to make a tired bathroom look like brand new and I'm not exaggerating, 22 Nov. 2014
Overall a powerful little cleaner which got my house exceptionally clean ready for sale. Die to this cleaner I was able to make a tired bathroom look like brand new and I'm not exaggerating. It is let down by some small issues though.

Firstly the handle heats up so I would advise wearing gloves and the handle is rough and with long use can blister your palm so wear the gloves.

Secondly the cap to fill the steam cleaner can expand causing a problem refilling when still hot. Not sure if this is a safety feature but either way is annoying when you want to refill.

Thirdly The mop cloths are a poor fit to the mop head and this causes issues when cleaning the floors.

And lastly it is cumbersome and not the easiest to pack away.

These are the negatives that I have found in 4 months of ownership but the advantages are an exceptional we steamer that can refresh the look of old tired tiles, grout, engine bays, kitchens, ovens and brilliant on bathrooms.

One tip, buy loads of extra cloths for it as they get very dirty which makes you realise how dirty your house is. Frightening.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good. and, 13 Mar. 2015
very good. and ! am pleased as punch with it. Have just about cleaned the whole house and the family have commented on how spick and span everything looks. easy to use and light to handle when storing away. One comment for Karcher - put a couple of hooks somewhere so we can wrap the lead round for storage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Muilty steam cleaner, 26 Nov. 2014
I have to admit this steamer is very good buy, it is very good for cleaning most household items, a three quarter point of water can clean a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Mar. 2015
It works really well. Grout cleaning and tiles is brilliant

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than my upright model which was replaced a second ..., 22 April 2015
Have played with a few times, and so far it ticks all the boxes. Much better than my upright model which was replaced a second time for the same, but let me down again.!! This one seems hotter and does a very good job on my tiles and grout. Very pleased with my purchase up to now.

Kärcher SC1.020 Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner